Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Rumour on the Gens site that they might be looking for a goalie to back up Oster? Sztuska? Won't offer much, I would think?

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
In fairness, there was always the caveat that the Petes were massive underachievers heading into the deadline last year.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting anything of the sort about Kingston.

But, maybe someone will make me a believer when Kingston pulls off their Ohtman, Beck, Hayes, White, and Lockhart deals to turn them into a contender. Until then, I wish you the best of luck on your way to mediocrity….
Says the fan of the team that has already lost 5 times this year to this mediocre, non-contender…

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I can see that being realistic. And yes there is a card issue now isn’t there. Does anyone know how many cards Petes have left?
From my count the Petes have two cards left. I assume Easton Rye is on an affiliate card so they have used 28. They will need to get a player for Jonthan Melee because they are currently at 22 players including three goaltenders. They will have no extra skaters if they don’t.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
From my count the Petes have two cards left. I assume Easton Rye is on an affiliate card so they have used 28. They will need to get a player for Jonthan Melee because they are currently at 22 players including three goaltenders. They will have no extra skaters if they don’t.
Is it possible the Petes have some of their prospects on U18 team placed on B cards?

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I’d be surprised if there isn’t another deal before the deadline. One of Melee or Stuzska my guess. I’d like to see a deal with soo to get Miller and have him as the goalie going forward and then the Petes draft a goalie in the second round this draft. Would the soo take Melee and Stuzska for a package including miller? Just a thought

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
They could only be B cards (<10 games) I believe, with the Petes having used their two 16 y.o. "wildcards" on Ladds and Cadorin (again if I understand the rules right).
yeah i’d expect B cards. wait for there u18 seasons to be over around mid February and the 10 games would work

Reactions: OMG67

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I’d be surprised if there isn’t another deal before the deadline. One of Melee or Stuzska my guess. I’d like to see a deal with soo to get Miller and have him as the goalie going forward and then the Petes draft a goalie in the second round this draft. Would the soo take Melee and Stuzska for a package including miller? Just a thought
I think Zach Bowen and Easton Rye will be their goaltenders next year. Plus the Petes have Masen Johnston who they drafted in the drafted in the draft last year. They are fairly strong in goal for the next couple of years. Their likely priority in the 2nd round is to get either a forward (centre or right wing) or a left defenceman. That could change depending on what they draft in the 1st round but it will likely be a skater. I think the Petes priority is getting a defenceman if they trade Jonathan Melee. We now only have six of the roster.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I think Zach Bowen and Easton Rye will be their goaltenders next year. Plus the Petes have Masen Johnston who they drafted in the drafted in the draft last year. They are fairly strong in goal for the next couple of years. Their likely priority in the 2nd round is to get either a forward (centre or right wing) or a left defenceman. That could change depending on what they draft in the 1st round but it will likely be a skater. I think the Petes priority is getting a defenceman if they trade Jonathan Melee. We now only have six of the roster.
Wouldn’t say fairly strong. Those 3 guys have proven nothing. But yea a dman makes sense for Melee. Maybe Woolley from London? Port Hope kid. Guelph and North bay also have a surplus of defenceman

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I don't really want to see anyone else leave at this point. Let's get a couple players with experience in the league to help out this young roster the rest of the way.
Petes aren’t gonna pay much to bring a OA in for 30 games. I highly doubt they even bring another OA in unless it’s free. Plus what OA is gonna wanna come here they’d be better off going to play for a top junior a or b team somewhere

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Zach Bowen I think has proven himself as a capable OHL goaltender. Easton Rye has one regular season start in the OHL and Masen Johnston has not played for the Petes yet but did well in training camp. There was a time that both Hunter Jones and Michael Simpson were unproven goaltenders but became top OHL goaltenders.

Reactions: OHL Observer

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Don’t necessarily have to pay big to get seasoned guys to plug holes.
I agree. We need to add an overage forward that can contribute on offence. There are two that are sitting at home that could be had for nothing or a for a waiver fee after noon tomorrow. We also need to add a defenceman whether it be a 2005 or 2006 or an overage. I would prefer to keep Jonathan Melee unless we can get a really good return on him.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I agree. We need to add an overage forward that can contribute on offence. There are two that are sitting at home that could be had for nothing or a for a waiver fee after noon tomorrow. We also need to add a defenceman whether it be a 2005 or 2006 or an overage. I would prefer to keep Jonathan Melee unless we can get a really good return on him.
Barrie seems like a trade partner for a 05 d. Also which 2 OA forwards are you speaking about

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Highly unlikely. Miller is set to be their starter for the next 2-3 seasons. Expect Schenkel to be moved in the offseason.

Reactions: User13452
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad