Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah you can't expect much more than that for 30 games of Mayer (I know he'll get more in the playoffs but that's what it would have been here).

Reactions: User13452

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
So the Petes will be able to play Carson Cameron, Nico Addy, Caden Taylor, Aiden Young, Liam Ladds and Joseph Cadorin!
I’m really happy to see this for the future. But this will mean some of the older players who haven’t had much opportunity will have to step up. I don’t think it would be wise to over play these young players and ruin their confidence.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
That's the way I see it but maybe not a good idea to send these kids to slaughter. Does not help development.

I’m really happy to see this for the future. But this will mean some of the older players who haven’t had much opportunity will have to step up. I don’t think it would be wise to over play these young players and ruin their confidence.
They should likely all dress regardless but I agree it may be wise to try to add a couple players here to push them down the lineup if the card situation allows it.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Taylor is going to frustrate you at times Pete’s fans, his effort level is how I say? Inconsistent. But he is going to be a high scoring OHL player if given the right treatment. He is a goal scorer and one of the best offensive players in his age group. Give him the ice time and he is going to reward you with goals, points and the occasional headache.

This is a massive win, in my opinion.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well, Petes fans, it was a good run! You guys did very well restocking the picks and also added some good ‘07s. None of the ‘07s you have will be impact players next year but they all line up to be solid 18 and 19 year olds. Things will be very shitty for a season and a half but it was worth it.

The reality is, many teams make serious pushes at the deadline but only one team wins it all and you guys managed to bring it home! It makes the next season and a half of agony all worth it.

Concentrate of the positives going forward. Look at the positives in the young players you now have as opposed to zeroing in on their flaws.

I hope Oke manages to pick up a couple solid OA’s when the dust settles. The young guys need mentors and can’t be developing by chasing a puck for two seasons!

It looks like the 67’s will make a run this year. We’ll see what they end up doing. They have a shot at least. Next year will be a sell off almost 100%! It will be our turn…

With that, I bid you adieu! I may lurk around here and there but for the most part I will be leaving you alone.

Be well Lads and Lasses!

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Taylor will be a gem down the road, big body, monster shot this was the scouting report on him before the Wolves drafted him. He never got a chance here as lineup was just too strong. He is a blue chip stock. I predict at some point he will come back to haunt us.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Taylor will be a gem down the road, big body, monster shot this was the scouting report on him before the Wolves drafted him. He never got a chance here as lineup was just too strong. He is a blue chip stock. I predict at some point he will come back to haunt us.
good luck to him

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Between Aiden Young, Nico Addy and Caden Taylor I feel that Taylor is gonna be the best of the bunch. hoping for 3 stars but Taylor has the aura

Reactions: cleodog

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
So...

C - Lefebvre, Purdeller, Taylor, Partridge
LW - Melee, Page, Young, Cadorin, Faulkner (C/LW)
RW - McCallum, McIntyre, Addy, Binnie

Let's see some lines.

Melee - Purdeller - Addy
Young - Lefebvre - McCallum
Page - Taylor - McIntyre
Cadorin - Partridge - Faulkner/Binnie

Keeps the four 16 year olds on seperate lines, gives Taylor some muscle on his wings as a rookie centre.

Also, over/under 2 goals per game rest of season for this team? :eek3:

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad