Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleodog

Aug 12, 2022
You spend more time talking about the Petes than the 67s… starting to think your a closet fan.
He’s wants to be a fan. Ottawa won’t go all in so I’d jump ship to.

I do like when he’s negative tho usually ends being the opposite in our favour lol

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Addy and Binnie look identical out there right handed about the same size got confused a couple times as to who was who lol.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Thanks! I grow on people….slowly. I’m working on @Section7fan … i think he’s starting to come around a bit! Not so sure about NV yet but I think he’s coming around a bit too! Not Nathan Villeneuve!
I’ve been a very passionate fan since I was a wee boy. the days of Dave Reid were tough as a fan and Petes were constantly ragged on.

I tend to get overly defensive of the boys in maroon. I probably come across the wrong way at times.

We may disagree at times. Nothing personal. Just me being a die hard.

Reactions: cleodog

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’ve been a very passionate fan since I was a wee boy. the days of Dave Reid were tough as a fan and Petes were constantly ragged on.

I tend to get overly defensive of the boys in maroon. I probably come across the wrong way at times.

We may disagree at times. Nothing personal. Just me being a die hard.

I knew you would come around!

I could tell that. At times, because we are writing in text instead of being in person, things can be somewhat misunderstood at times.

It’s not like I haven’t misunderstood others.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I don’t think you will get the ‘07 for Beck. It is looking like Sudbury is very serious but Walton would likely be the main piece. Considering the other options, he would likely be a better player. Martin moving is very doubtful. Outside of Martin, I am not sure there is a better ‘07 than Walton is as an ‘06 on a team looking at Beck.
I think Oke made his intentions pretty clear yesterday with adding an 07. I think he pivots and adds the best 07 he can to fit the rebuild.

I don’t know if SSM will move Martin but I’m thinking they won’t be getting Beck without him.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Curious how you guys liked the new additions.
It’s obviously a tough question to answer right now. Neither one know the Petes systems and they both looked out of place because of that. Addy will be a project. He’s a big body. Let’s hope in time the Petes can build him into something. I’m optimistic eventually he will be. He’s still very young for this league.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I believe Oke was in Oshawa tonight.......but no proof to the rumour that he has offered Brady Martin's second cousin a job as Asst. GM and his Aunt a job as the anthem singer for all home games :laugh:
I would assume he would have been there. Interesting tho soo fans were saying virgilio didn’t play much tonight. Maybe he’s one part of the deal and they were limiting his minutes. Maybe oke is having one last look at Brown or Kostov as the second part of the deal

Reactions: Section5Petes

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think Oke made his intentions pretty clear yesterday with adding an 07. I think he pivots and adds the best 07 he can to fit the rebuild.

I don’t know if SSM will move Martin but I’m thinking they won’t be getting Beck without him.
If Oke made any intention clear, it is his players won’t go cheaply.
DeGray makes a lot of player for players trades. He probably felt Addy was the least costly way to improve. After 20+ years? of watching the first half development of his 1st picks, DeGray probably has a good feel for the upside of Addy. Does he have similar upside to Rolofs, MacCallum, Bujold, Castle, Leblanc, Outwater, McNamara, Barlas, …?

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
If Oke made any intention clear, it is his players won’t go cheaply.
DeGray makes a lot of player for players trades. He probably felt Addy was the least costly way to improve. After 20+ years? of watching the first half development of his 1st picks, DeGray probably has a good feel for the upside of Addy. Does he have similar upside to Rolofs, MacCallum, Bujold, Castle, Leblanc, Outwater, McNamara, Barlas, …?
Like I’ve said before, look at how the roster is constructed and you’ll see pretty easily that the 06’s you all want traded won’t fit with the rebuild. Oke is no dummy.

Funny how all of you now suddenly write Addy off after 26 games in the OHL after being drafted 12th overall by a guy who has a pretty good drafting record. Wonder if you’d have the same opinion if he went anywhere other than the Petes.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
It’s obviously a tough question to answer right now. Neither one know the Petes systems and they both looked out of place because of that. Addy will be a project. He’s a big body. Let’s hope in time the Petes can build him into something. I’m optimistic eventually he will be. He’s still very young for this league.
I should of worded my question differently I should of just said what are the first impressions of Addy and Matejicek sorry

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Like I’ve said before, look at how the roster is constructed and you’ll see pretty easily that the 06’s you all want traded won’t fit with the rebuild. Oke is no dummy.

Funny how all of you now suddenly write Addy off after 26 games in the OHL after being drafted 12th overall by a guy who has a pretty good drafting record. Wonder if you’d have the same opinion if he went anywhere other than the Petes.
I did not write-off Addy. I merely pointed out that 1st picks can be very average to not very good, and DeGray may have traded Addy at his peak value.
Oke is not a dummy, I agree; so I expect he will want the best player offered ‘06 or ‘07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad