Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
‘07 Caden Taylor from the Wolves as well but I have heard that the Petes are not that fond of him. Believe Oke is making a final push for Brady Martin and if they can’t pry him out of the Soo, the ‘06 cohort should come down to Matthew Virgilio or Kieron Walton (if Papineau hasn’t flip flopped once again)
Papineau must be the hardest gm to deal with sounds like he always is flip flopping

Reactions: Section5Petes

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ranger fan here….its not even close.

Reid >>> Romano.

I can’t see the Petes looking at either of these two. I think they like size and both are pretty light. That is why I think they are targeting Walton. Personally, if they cannot get MArtin, which I highly doubt SSM would be so undisciplined to trade him, Walton should be their next best option when considering the types of players the Petes like. Big kid with some skill.

But, if that trade goes down, look for the trade to include at least one additional player from the Petes. I know there has been talk about Mayer going there. And, I have heard that that sort of deal has been thrown around. How serious? Dunno. But, Beck and Mayer for Walton and picks seems the most likely scenario right now IMO.

The challenge is the kid is on a heater right now. Six game point streak with ten points over that span. HE may just be positioning himself as a key component for the Wolves.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I can’t see the Petes looking at either of these two. I think they like size and both are pretty light. That is why I think they are targeting Walton. Personally, if they cannot get MArtin, which I highly doubt SSM would be so undisciplined to trade him, Walton should be their next best option when considering the types of players the Petes like. Big kid with some skill.

But, if that trade goes down, look for the trade to include at least one additional player from the Petes. I know there has been talk about Mayer going there. And, I have heard that that sort of deal has been thrown around. How serious? Dunno. But, Beck and Mayer for Walton and picks seems the most likely scenario right now IMO.

You don’t watch Reid on a regular basis then. Reid is very, very good for a 16 year old. Size is great and all but you can’t teach what Reid does. He is above what we Ranger fans were thinking and we were thinking he would be pretty special. All Ranger fans will be pissed if Mike McKenzie trades him.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You don’t watch Reid on a regular basis then. Reid is very, very good for a 16 year old. Size is great and all but you can’t teach what Reid does. He is above what we Ranger fans were thinking and we were thinking he would be pretty special. All Ranger fans will be pissed if Mike McKenzie trades him.

You need to understand the Petes philosophy. Draft and acquire BIG where possible. They won’t value Reid the same way many other teams would.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
You need to understand the Petes philosophy. Draft and acquire BIG where possible. They won’t value Reid the same way many other teams would.

Think Hunter Brzustewicz. He is an inch shorter…big deal. That is the type of player we all see in Reid at 19 years old. Can’t think of a team who wouldn’t want that. Reid I think will be a touch weaker offensively and a touch better defensively than Hunter. The kid is nasty good.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Think Hunter Brzustewicz. He is an inch shorter…big deal. That is the type of player we all see in Reid at 19 years old. Can’t think of a team who wouldn’t want that. Reid I think will be a touch weaker offensively and a touch better defensively than Hunter. The kid is nasty good.

Then you wouldn’t trade him anyway. Regardless, the Petes like Big and 6’6” 210 is tough for them to pass up on.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If I’m GM 100% I don’t trade him away. I’m not GM though.
LOL. Very true.

We had similar issues last year with Ottawa. Everyone seemed to want Henry Mews and Boyd wouldn’t budge. He traded 15 high draft picks instead…..

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
#22 Nico Addy will debut on the 2nd line and #5 Martin Matejicek will debut on pair 1 with Captain McCoy!
1704322443386.jpeg

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
You spend more time talking about the Petes than the 67s… starting to think your a closet fan.

Reactions: cleodog

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
#22 Nico Addy will debut on the 2nd line and #5 Martin Matejicek will debut on pair 1 with Captain McCoy!
View attachment 795300
I imagine the petes go into next season with that same right side of defenceman and then Matejicek as one on the left side. Maybe they can get Protz too in a deal with Sudbury… Mayer for sure will be going because they gotta play Velliaris and Woulds

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad