Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I know why the Petes traded for an '07 player and an '05 defenseman but why did last place (in their division) Owen Sound want Smith, an '04?
They need a big solid stay at home defenseman who can eat minutes .

I'm betting Konnor Smith is that guy .

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
What’s a realistic return on Dubois? 3rd and 5th?
I think if he goes to Kingston the Petes will definitely get a 3rd and a 5th. Possibly a late round pick on top of that. Kingston is going to surprise a lot of teams this second half of season. I wouldn’t be surprised if McCoy goes there as well Kingston finishes first in the East by playoffs.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I think if he goes to Kingston the Petes will definitely get a 3rd and a 5th. Possibly a late round pick on top of that. Kingston is going to surprise a lot of teams this second half of season. I wouldn’t be surprised if McCoy goes there as well Kingston finishes first in the East by playoffs.
Can see Dubois don’t see McCoy. Think if the petes are trading him they’ll want a player back

Reactions: Section5Petes

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone know if London is in on any of the Pete’s guys?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
What’s a realistic return on Dubois? 3rd and 5th?
I doubt the Petes are trading him if that is all they can get for him. He is over a point a game player and excellent on face offs. I think he is likely going to stay in Peterborough.

Reactions: Petesfan8

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I doubt the Petes are trading him if that is all they can get for him. He is over a point a game player and excellent on face offs. I think he is likely going to stay in Peterborough.
Why I’d trade him straight up for a third round pick half the season is over and the petes are bottoming out he’s definitely getting dealt

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I’m more thinking about total players they can also move out and still dress a team. I have them at 19 skaters after this trade. If they move out Beck and Mayer, that brings them down to 17. If they have four cards left, they bring that back up to 21 (Assuming four skaters come back in deals). That would mean on top of Beck and Mayer, they could move three more players maximum.

Other players being discussed:
McCoy
Sztuska
Page
Faulkner
Dubois

If those five are the ones most discussed, then they could potentially trade only three of them. If they were to trade three of them and bring back the maximum players for cards, they would have zero roster flexibility other than bringing up affiliate players short term (under 10 games) If they have injuries/suspensions etc.

I question the logic of the potential Sarnia trade at this point. Moving out two guys to Sarnia when you need actual bodies and don’t have a lot of card flexibility left to replace them doesn’t make much sense at this point. That is assuming beck and Mayer are for sure out the door at some point.
The Petes currently have 21 skaters and 3 goaltenders for 24 players. Did you get your number from the OHL website? It shows 19 skaters because they have deleted the players the Petes traded but not added the players they acquired. I expect at least one player in the Owen Beck trade and maybe another in the Sam Mayer. Depending who Mayer is traded to they may also acquire an overage if they get non overager in the deal. I don’t think Peterborough will trade Jax Dubois, Jonathan Melee, Donovan McCoy or Cam Gauvreau. I don’t think the Sarnia trade is going to happen.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The Petes currently have 21 skaters and 3 goaltenders for 24 players. Did you get your number from the OHL website? It shows 19 skaters because they have deleted the players the Petes traded but not added the players they acquired. I expect at least one player in the Owen Beck trade and maybe another in the Sam Mayer. Depending who Mayer is traded to they may also acquire an overage if they get non overager in the deal. I don’t think Peterborough will trade Jax Dubois, Jonathan Melee, Donovan McCoy or Cam Gauvreau. I don’t think the Sarnia trade is going to happen.
All of those names you listed could be had for the right price especially after seeing the cost that Owen sound payed today. Some more likely than others but I think Dubois is highly sought after and will be dealt. McCoy melee could go for the right price, Gauvreau will stay

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
All of those names you listed could be had for the right price especially after seeing the cost that Owen sound payed today. Some more likely than others but I think Dubois is highly sought after and will be dealt. McCoy melee could go for the right price, Gauvreau will stay
I just cannot see where getting a 3rd and 5th forJax Dubois benefits the Petes over keeping him. They still need to ice a team and have players that can provide offence. Their draft pick situation is not as dire as many suggest. They have almost restocked their 3rds for the next four drafts. They are only missing a 3rd for this year. They two 3rds in 2025, and one in both 2026 and 2027. They have most of their 5ths. They have two this year and are missing one next. They need to add three 2nds and three, 4ths to fully restock their draft cupboard. The priority is getting a 2nd and 3rd for this year, a 2nd in 2026 and a couple of 4ths in the next three drafts. I expect they will get a couple of 2nds in the Owen Beck trade and one in the Sam Mayer. They will also. likely get a 3rd in the Beck trade and a 3rd or a 4th in the Mayer.

Last edited:

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I just cannot see where getting a 3rd and 5th forJax Dubois benefits the Petes over keeping him. They still need to ice a team and have players that can provide offence. Their draft pick situation is not as dire as many suggest. They have almost restocked their 3rds for the next four drafts. They are only missing a 3rd for this year. They two 3rds in 2025, and one in both 2026 and 2027. They have most of their 5ths. They have two this year and are missing one next. They need to add three 2nds and three, 4ths to fully restock their draft cupboard. I expect they will get a couple of 2nds in the Owen Beck trade and one in the Sam Mayer. They will also. likely get a 3rd in the Beck trade and a 3rd or a 4th in the Mayer.
So you’d rather keep a guy for another 30 games then get a 3rd and 5th which can be useful to acquire another player at some point that isn’t gonna be ending his career at the end of the season. They’ve got enough guys to ice a team and will be getting a player or players in a Beck trade so they’ll have more then enough forwards

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
So you’d rather keep a guy for another 30 games then get a 3rd and 5th which can be useful to acquire another player at some point that isn’t gonna be ending his career at the end of the season. They’ve got enough guys to ice a team and will be getting a player or players in a Beck trade so they’ll have more then enough forwards
If we trade Jax Dubois who is going to provide offence? The only players remaining who contribute on offence are Jonathan Melee, Tommy Purdeller and Brayden MacCallum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad