Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
6 that's pretty ridiculous, especially when you consider other things that get nothing.

No one can say anything, though. NHL doesn't want to listen to how trash the officials and Parros is.

Perron very much deserves 6 games.

He got fined for the exact same offense recently, that leads to a harsher suspension. Zub didn’t even do anything, and is waiving for a trainer, when this lunatic cross-checks him in the head.

You can say anything you want here, if you mean whining about it, you will just be wrong. Other bad things happen in the NHL, life isn’t fair, boo hoo, etc.

Retaliation on an unsuspecting player way after the whistle gets punished now, the NHL has a no tolerance for it.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Perron very much deserves 6 games.

He got fined for the exact same offense recently, that leads to a harsher suspension. Zub didn’t even do anything, and is waiving for a trainer, when this lunatic cross-checks him in the head.

You can say anything you want here, if you mean whining about it, you will just be wrong. Other bad things happen in the NHL, life isn’t fair, boo hoo, etc.

Retaliation on an unsuspecting player way after the whistle gets punished now, the NHL has a no tolerance for it.
Yeah, honestly it’s tiresome reading comments about other events and hits.
Six games seems about right. I’d like to see them gradually increase the penalties tbh. Even if it happens to be one of my teams players getting suspended. I love hitting but the retaliatory stick work needs to go.

6 games is an awful lot
It’s less than 7..

Reactions: Guttersniped

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think Perron is more than deserving of suspension. What I don't understand is their math here.

Gunbranson gets a game for jumping Cousins. Perron gets 6 for jumping Zub. Sure you can say Perron used a cross-check and that's worse. But cross-checks almost never get 5 game suspensions. In the run of play this would probably get 2-3 (far less than should be routine, but that's another story).

So basically they suspended him:

1 - Jumping a player outside of play
2-3 - Using a cross-check
2-3 - Jumping the wrong player

The ramifications of bolded are absolutely bonkers. This is about as close as you'll get to a masks off moment where the NHL flat out tells players they should be blindside mugging opponents they feel are being unsporting.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The ramifications of bolded are absolutely bonkers. This is about as close as you'll get to a masks off moment where the NHL flat out tells players they should be blindside mugging opponents they feel are being unsporting.

I think the bolded should be 2-3 for retaliatory nature. Whether it’s the right player or not, you don’t get to seek retribution that way.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think Perron is more than deserving of suspension. What I don't understand is their math here.

Gunbranson gets a game for jumping Cousins. Perron gets 6 for jumping Zub. Sure you can say Perron used a cross-check and that's worse. But cross-checks almost never get 5 game suspensions. In the run of play this would probably get 2-3 (far less than should be routine, but that's another story).

It was a two handed pre meditated cross check to the HEAD my guy.

Jumping the wrong player had nothing to do with it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

As per their video explanation, Perron's was more than a normal cross check. It was a forceful and targeted crosscheck to the head where Perron had time to pick his target, leap into, and deliver the blow with his stick to extract revenge. It had nothing to do with getting the wrong guy or right guy.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Perron played this all wrong, if he would have given him a baseball bat swing to the head a la Trouba he likely gets no games and a $5000 fine.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think the bolded should be 2-3 for retaliatory nature. Whether it’s the right player or not, you don’t get to seek retribution that way.

Gundbranson was pre-meditated retaliation for 1

It was a two handed pre meditated cross check to the HEAD my guy.

Jumping the wrong player had nothing to do with it.

It doesn't feel dramatically different than Mangiapani on McCann. That was a 1 game suspension.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
As per their video explanation, Perron's was more than a normal cross check. It was a forceful and targeted crosscheck to the head where Perron had time to pick his target, leap into, and deliver the blow with his stick to extract revenge. It had nothing to do with getting the wrong guy or right guy.

As a point, it must at least reference the right or wrong guy if it's about revenge.

If it's about revenge in the broadest sense, why did Mangiapani only get 1 game for crosschecking McCann in the back of the head/neck while he was on the ice. That was a least as dangerous.

Don't take any of this as me standing up for Perron, I dislike the player and find his actions unequivocally suitable for suspension. What I don't like is the culture of officiating in the NHL. In my perfect world Perron sits for 10+ games.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It doesn't feel dramatically different than Mangiapani on McCann. That was a 1 game suspension.

It does feel dramatically different. Mangipane was stupid and needless but didn’t have near the same force, was during play, and wasn’t retribution. These two plays aren’t remotely similar.

Reactions: swiftwin

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It does feel dramatically different. Mangipane was stupid and needless but didn’t have near the same force, was during play, and wasn’t retribution. These two plays aren’t remotely similar.

I disagree, he two handed a player in the back of the head, driving into the ice. It was retaliation for disrupting his scoring chance. Just the fact that he could leverage his entire weight made it at least as forceful.

That it was during play might even make it worse, in no part of the NHL's cultural standard is it permissible to hit a prone player who never had the puck. It is generally understood that during after play scrums there is a level of physicality which will be tolerated.

If you want to hold that should not be the culture, I'd agree with you. And I'll grand that making comparisons like this will of course allow for different people to consider different factors as more important than others would.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
This suspension is correct. It's all the other suspensions/fines and non-suspension that are incorrect.

Wings seem to be treated differently from other teams when it comes to supplementary discipline.

Reactions: norrisnick

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Does anyone have any example where a player delivers a jumping crosscheck directly to another player's face long after the play was blown dead?

This is honestly the first time I've seen this happen.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Does anyone have any example where a player delivers a jumping crosscheck directly to another player's face long after the play was blown dead?

This is honestly the first time I've seen this happen.

Not exactly jumping, but was from behind?

There's some nasty ones in this video. At 3:50-3:58 there's two which are at least as dangerous if not more so. The Regher one I think was after the player, and he goes up high. Buff was during play.

Last edited:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
How is this crosscheck to the teeth 2 minutes while Perron got 5 minutes + game misconduct + 6 games suspension? (00:56 and forward in video)

No one can explain that.

Last edited:
Reactions: WingsToPick4th
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad