Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidpauseReinbacher

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
he saw another player standing over his injured teammate and thought he was the one who injured him and went in and cross checked the players head for revenge.

it wasn't some in-play hit where he was trying to box out or make a defensive play. even on the penalty the refs called it intent to injure.

that is the definition of premeditated. especially in a hockey context. he went in wanting to cross check Zubs head because of what happened, and he did, after the whistle. premeditated.
Your an idiot if you think it was premeditated. Making a decision a second after something's happened is not premeditated. Lol "hockey context".

Book or legal? I wouldn't say this wasn't pre-meditated in a legal way. He showed intent to cross-check Zub, he was fully aware of what he was doing, and most importantly he did it as a result of him taking stock of the overall situation 1. Larkin was hurt 2. He felt it was his duty to respond.

Legal Pre-meditation doesn't require meticulous consideration and planning. It's also not particularly operative as Zub didn't die, and pre-meditation a consideration for certain murder charges.

I am not your lawyer, the above is for sports entertainment purposes only.
No wrong word choice.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Bettman isn’t going move on the appeal, he never does but once it goes to the independent arbiter, are they able to add games?

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
wow i wasnt expecting that. I dont know why they are trying to defend Perron as he had an history of questionnable hits in the past.
It’s literally their job to defend him.

That’s like saying “why are public defenders defending the murderers?”

DOPS is a joke.

“You could get six games but more likely you’ll get a paltry fine…”

Guess I’ll roll the dice.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
a clownshow, perron gets 6 games when dudes who destroy people from behind get 1 game LOL

I would be fine with 3 games, if the cllowns who take hits in the numbers get at least 1 game

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
a clownshow, perron gets 6 games when dudes who destroy people from behind get 1 game LOL

I would be fine with 3 games, if the cllowns who take hits in the numbers get at least 1 game
Think it ultimatly comes down to the NHL's definition of a 'hockey play'. A mistake/momentary lapse in judgment made during live play will be handled differently than an outright assault on an unsuspecting player after the whistle has blown.

The Perron fiasco was absolutely not within the 'flow of the game.' It was a dangerous and malicious attempt to injure outside of the game of hockey as it is played out on the ice. Perron should sit on his hands for 6 games and count himself lucky there's no outside litigation or need for retribution from the Zub camp. Dude has suffered a broken jaw and multiple concussions over the past few years (mostly from wayward pucks) - this could have easily been a career ending, or life altering injury.

"But his Captain was unconscious..." :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Think it ultimatly comes down to the NHL's definition of a 'hockey play'. A mistake/momentary lapse in judgment made during live play will be handled differently than an outright assault on an unsuspecting player after the whistle has blown.

The Perron fiasco was absolutely not within the 'flow of the game.' It was a dangerous and malicious attempt to injure outside of the game of hockey as it is played out on the ice. Perron should sit on his hands for 6 games and count himself lucky there's no outside litigation or need for retribution from the Zub camp. Dude has suffered a broken jaw and multiple concussions over the past few years (mostly from wayward pucks) - this could have easily been a career ending, or life altering injury.

"But his Captain was unconscious..." :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead
So Gudbranson taking a dude down and punching him in the back of the head is a "hockey play"? I get that Perron picked the wrong dude and ok im fine with the suspension, but who does Gudbranson take a dude down and keep punching him when he is in defenseless position and gets 1 game?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So Gudbranson taking a dude down and punching him in the back of the head is a "hockey play"? I get that Perron picked the wrong dude and ok im fine with the suspension, but who does Gudbranson take a dude down and keep punching him when he is in defenseless position and gets 1 game?
Guess Perron should use his mitts, instead of stick. That’s captain obvious though.

What happened to the appeal, haven’t heard anything.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Guess Perron should use his mitts, instead of stick. That’s captain obvious though.

What happened to the appeal, haven’t heard anything.
Yeah agree on that, if you want to retaliate at least drop your gloves and let the other guy a chance to defend himself, you are correct. No idea about the appeal, i hope it never happened since it shouldn't have.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
both Perron and Joseph should get 5 games. get this dumb shit out of the league.
Joeseph? He barely touched larkin. It was kelly that knocked him out.

Lot of people in here seem to miss the angle where Joseph's mitt is what connects with Larkin. Not his stick.
It wasnt joesephs that did the knockout, after joeseph touched him his face got mashed by kellys stick but you cant see it from the angle.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Amazing how one intentional stick to the skull gets 6 games while trouba gets none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad