Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Kaplan just said on the ESPN broadcast, if Zub were injured, DoPS was looking at maybe a 20-40 game suspension lol

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Absolutely amazing that Trouba gets a 5k fine while this gets 6 games. All this proves is DOPS is an ineffective, laughable joke of a department. Just disband DOPS at this point, they can’t even justify their own existence.

Or perhaps most fans don’t understand the differences between the two incedents?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
he only got 4 games more than Thornton from back when David Perron skated head first into his shoulder and crumbled to the ice while faking injury like the like whining diving bitch that he is back in 2012?

Perron should've gotten 20 games here.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
perron hipchecked joseph into larkin and then tried to kill zub, why is the nhlpa appealing?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Lol, he hipchecked Joseph now? Omg

He's not saying that's bad lol he's saying that's what caused Joseph's shove to go high...because he was off balance from perrons "hip check".

He's not saying "boohoo, Perron gave a dirty hip check", he's saying "Perron, you idiot, the whole reason this thing went sideways is because you hip checked him causing Joseph to miss his shove high causing larkin to fall forward causing Kelly to hit him in the face"

Perrons hip shove affected Joseph's shove making it go high...and then Perron is mad.

It reminds me of when defenseman shove a player on their goalie and then get mad at the player.

Go watch the replay. Perron initiates contact with his hip on Joseph twice as Joseph is starting to box out larkin.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Matthews cross checks Dahlin directly in the face multiple times - 2 games
Malkin cross checks borowicki in the face lost teeth and bleeding from his face - 4 game
Jamie benn cross checks larkin to the neck and ends his season - 0 games 0 penalties
Jamie benn cross checks Stone diretly in the neck in playoffs - 2 games
Trouba murders somebody - 5k fine
Gudbrandson literally goes ape shit and murders a guy the SAME WEEK - 1 game

NOW we evaluate:
Perron cross checks Zub (and he plays the very next shift) and perron has 0 NHL history in 1100 games - 6 games???
Joseph puts a team captain on IR - 2minute penalty ???
Walman high sticks someone on a follow thru by accident - 2.5k fine??

I'm not saying Perron was right because he wasnt, but you can see a clear bias against the wings in this all of these.
Parros is clown, retribution will come.
And what reason do Parros and his team have for being biased against the Wings?

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I'm assuming you're trolling here because if you're not that last sentence is in really poor taste. As a Sens fan (or fan of any club), it is pretty tough to watch a guy KO'd on the ice and it has nothing to do with toughness.
Yup, It was a terrifying, I thought he was dead. Blood turned cold and I quietly stared at the television whispering "Come on, start moving...please start moving".

I don't like Dylan Larkin and have much hate for the DRW's but I don't wish to see that from anyone.

After seeing the replays, I honestly think Larkin should consider retirement. The contact wasn't that hard. Quality of life and family would be my first concern,

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Guess Im in the minority but Im ok with what Perron did.

Yes he needs to be suspended, but I want my team's players to react like that to seeing a star spread eagle on the ice knocked out.
I am thankful you are in the minority.

I like physical hockey but that shit has no place in the game.

Deliver some clean or even borderline hits on somebody afterward...fine, run a goalie...ok, fight a willing opponent...even better. Hit someone unsuspecting in the head with a stick...anywhere else you would be speaking to a judge.

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Book or legal? I wouldn't say this wasn't pre-meditated in a legal way. He showed intent to cross-check Zub, he was fully aware of what he was doing, and most importantly he did it as a result of him taking stock of the overall situation 1. Larkin was hurt 2. He felt it was his duty to respond.

Legal Pre-meditation doesn't require meticulous consideration and planning. It's also not particularly operative as Zub didn't die, and pre-meditation a consideration for certain murder charges.

I am not your lawyer, the above is for sports entertainment purposes only.
The definition of premeditated can be different in different jurisdictions. The time from planning to action can range from moments to much longer to be considered premeditation, but I am not sure of the standard in Michigan.

We definitely had "malice aforethought" which I think is the more important element.

Edit. I looked up the standard for premeditation and it can happen in mere moments as per Illinois law.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Matthews cross checks Dahlin directly in the face multiple times - 2 games
Malkin cross checks borowicki in the face lost teeth and bleeding from his face - 4 game
Jamie benn cross checks larkin to the neck and ends his season - 0 games 0 penalties
Jamie benn cross checks Stone diretly in the neck in playoffs - 2 games
Trouba murders somebody - 5k fine
Gudbrandson literally goes ape shit and murders a guy the SAME WEEK - 1 game

NOW we evaluate:
Perron cross checks Zub (and he plays the very next shift) and perron has 0 NHL history in 1100 games - 6 games???
Joseph puts a team captain on IR - 2minute penalty ???
Walman high sticks someone on a follow thru by accident - 2.5k fine??

I'm not saying Perron was right because he wasnt, but you can see a clear bias against the wings in this all of these.
Parros is clown, retribution will come.
Literal murder! Oh no

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
wow i wasnt expecting that. I dont know why they are trying to defend Perron as he had an history of questionnable hits in the past.

Because it's their job. If a player wants to appeal it's basically the union's duty to represent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad