Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
No penalty call. Another example of refs missing game action that has significant injury potential. MRI on Monday

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No penalty call. Another example of refs missing game action that has significant injury potential. MRI on Monday

I don’t see a penalty to call, just looks like a net front battle, both trying to get position.
What penalty did you want?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I'm not saying this doesn't deserve 6 because it probably does.

But it feels inconsistent

Trouba slashes somebody in the head. 5k fine. No suspension.

Watson shoots the puck at another player intentionally. 2k fine.

Smith slashes a guy across the forearms. 2 game suspension

Joseph hits Larkin in the back of the head. Nothing. Not even a fine.

Perron crosschecks Zub in the face (wrong guy, sadly.) suspended 6 games.

Strome knees Connor, injures him, and is ejected. No suspension.

George Parros is unfit for the position and should be fired immediately.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Pretty easy. They were jousting, so it was more of an accident. What Perron did was pure headhunting with intent to injure.

So you can just crosscheck a guy in the face and knock a few teeth out for 2 minutes minor if the other guy has touched you before? Thats the message the NHL was sending with the non call on Ovechkins crosscheck. Malkin got 4 games suspension for a similar crosscheck.

You can be "jousting" someone without crosschecking them in the teeth.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What a scummy move by Perron. Should have been a lot more than 6 games.

Trouba slashes somebody in the head. 5k fine. No suspension.

Watson shoots the puck at another player intentionally. 2k fine.

Smith slashes a guy across the forearms. 2 game suspension

Joseph hits Larkin in the back of the head. Nothing. Not even a fine.

Perron crosschecks Zub in the face (wrong guy, sadly.) suspended 6 games.

Strome knees Connor, injures him, and is ejected. No suspension.

George Parros is unfit for the position and should be fired immediately.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. Only the NHL would hire a CTE-riddled former Goon to run the Department of Player Safety...and that stand by him for years despite his clear incompetence.

Best sport, worst league.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Could have broken his neck... 10 games if it were my decision.
Jamie Benn did break Larkin's neck, and didn't even get a penalty, if I recall correctly.

I don't know if George Parros uses a roulette wheel to dole out punishments or if the jersey really matters, but it's been open season on the Red Wings since he took over.

Perron deserves his suspension but it's just another in a long line of Wings players being intentionally injured and then being the only ones to get punished.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Jamie Benn did break Larkin's neck, and didn't even get a penalty, if I recall correctly.

I don't know if George Parros uses a roulette wheel to dole out punishments or if the jersey really matters, but it's been open season on the Red Wings since he took over.

Perron deserves his suspension but it's just another in a long line of Wings players being intentionally injured and then being the only ones to get punished.
No one intentionally tried to injure Larkin in the game where Perron went full moron against Zub

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Disgusting behaviour from you too, condoning those comments. So many people losing their ability for basic human decency over a hockey game.

Pointing out that if Zub had been knocked unconscious, Perron likely would have been facing an extremely harsh punishment isn’t a lack of human decency. I think you’re looking for something that’s just not there.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
But not the Twattawa player who clearly was trying to cross check Larkin in the back of the head? Only because he 'missed', it's A-OK?

You realize Kelly is the one who accidentally knocked out larkin right?

It's been shown ad nauseum.

Joseph's shove didn't knock out larkin. It couldn't have.

The fist/butt end of Kelly's stick connecting with Larkins jaw is what knocked him out.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
What is funny and mostly sad is that Wings fan want to throw the book at Joseph for his glove riding up on Larkin in a hockey battle when that didn't even do the damage.

But want to minimize and turn a blind eye to Perron literally trying injure a player by trying to take a players head off after the whistle with his stick.

Like imagine if Joseph did to Larkin what Perron did to Zub. They would be calling for 100 games! And rightfully so. Perron is scum.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Pointing out that if Zub had been knocked unconscious, Perron likely would have been facing an extremely harsh punishment isn’t a lack of human decency. I think you’re looking for something that’s just not there.
Saying ”Zub is a tough dude and doesn’t lay on the ice like Larkin” is absolutely disgusting and doubling-down on defending those types of comments isn’t a good look for you.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Guess Im in the minority but Im ok with what Perron did.

Yes he needs to be suspended, but I want my team's players to react like that to seeing a star spread eagle on the ice knocked out.

I would want my player to actually do a hockey play against the guy. Like maybe fight him or give him a good legal check, not take his f***ing stick and cross check the shit out of a guys head. All that does is put your own team at a disadvantage.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
You realize Kelly is the one who accidentally knocked out larkin right?

It's been shown ad nauseum.

Joseph's shove didn't knock out larkin. It couldn't have.

The fist/butt end of Kelly's stick connecting with Larkins jaw is what knocked him out.

Friggin unreal... So, again, Joeseph is fine because his crosscheck to the head isn't what hurt Larkin...? He's the clown who hit him from behind and knocked him into Kelly.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Just here for the Allen Walsh Twitter hissy fit. Dudes last 7 tweets where him whining about his clients suspension

I think 6 games is totally reasonable

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Guess Im in the minority but Im ok with what Perron did.

Yes he needs to be suspended, but I want my team's players to react like that to seeing a star spread eagle on the ice knocked out.
Im fine with doing something about but act like a man, face your opponent and drop the gloves. A two-handed cross-check to an unsuspecting person is a p***y move equivalent of a sucker punch with a weapon. Especially when the guy you hit wasn't even involved in the play.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Saying ”Zub is a tough dude and doesn’t lay on the ice like Larkin” is absolutely disgusting and doubling-down on defending those types of comments isn’t a good look for you.

Sure. That wasn’t said in posts that you quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad