Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
If this is a new standard. Fine by me. If other stick infractions to the dome continue to get onesies or twosies or a fine... then less fine.
Not all stick infractions are the same. It can never be as simple as you need it to be

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Perron got what he deserves, but (correct me if I missed it) how the hell did Joseph get nothing for this? A direct hit to the head causing injury to a star player. What an embarrassing league the NHL is.

Edit: I just now saw the other angle in slow motion, which somewhat diminishes the amount of force, but its still a shot in the head for no reason causing injury. Deserved at least a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: norrisnick

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Perron got what he deserves, but (correct me if I missed it) how the hell did Joseph get nothing for this? A direct hit to the head causing injury to a star player. What an embarrassing league the NHL is.
It wasnt a direct hit to the head, he hit his shoulders as Larkin was moving down, that ended up with Josephs glove pushing Larkins head into the path of Kellys glove as he was coming in to box Larkin out.

It wasnt intentional, that is why he and Kelly only got 2 minutes each.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Edit: I just now saw the other angle in slow motion, which somewhat diminishes the amount of force, but its still a shot in the head for no reason causing injury. Deserved at least a game.
He did; he got a 2-minute penalty.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Shame that Perron went after the wrong guy. He only saw Larkin gone down and Zub was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Emotions got the best of him. I’m actually shocked it’s 6 games for a first time offender. You saw how quickly Joseph and Kelly bailed after they did that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It wasnt a direct hit to the head, he hit his shoulders as Larkin was moving down, that ended up with Josephs glove pushing Larkins head into the path of Kellys glove as he was coming in to box Larkin out.

It wasnt intentional, that is why he and Kelly only got 2 minutes each.
I can see this argument, that maybe it rides up. Its hard to tell from the two angles I've seen, but regardless is still unnecessary for him to have his hands up that high. More a reckless play than malicious, but I'd still be fine with 1 game for that. League does nothing to protect its players or stars.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
He's lucky it's only 6 games.

Crosschecking a guy in the face for no reason (he had nothing to do with the Larkin injury) is not a good look. Especially with his reputation, I assumed he'd be in the 8-10 game range.
Honestly even if he had gotten the right guy it's not like that should reduce the suspension (I'm a Wings fan, for the record).

I was saying 5+. I'm fine with this suspension since it was completely retaliatory and while he may have caught a piece of Zub's shoulder pad, Zub is 6'3". That's not a "get a guy's attention because I want to fight him" crosscheck to the midsection. That's going for the upper body/head area.

As I'm guessing many have said, it's just unfortunate the league so rarely gets it right. They need to do a lot more to protect player's heads and there's a lot of players who've gotten off easy. Like the Trouba swing getting only a fine.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Shame that Perron went after the wrong guy. He only saw Larkin gone down and Zub was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Emotions got the best of him. I’m actually shocked it’s 6 games for a first time offender. You saw how quickly Joseph and Kelly bailed after they did that.
Wrong spot at the wrong time lol

More like thinking is not Perron's forte

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I can see this argument, that maybe it rides up. Its hard to tell from the two angles I've seen, but regardless is still unnecessary for him to have his hands up that high. More a reckless play than malicious, but I'd still be fine with 1 game for that. League does nothing to protect its players or stars.
Either way, it’s not Joshua’s push that does any damage.

That’s a 2 minute penalty and that’s it

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly even if he had gotten the right guy it's not like that should reduce the suspension (I'm a Wings fan, for the record).

I actually think getting the right guy might matter to the suspension number here.

Gudbranson only got one game, and I can't think of any other reason than he was attacking someone who hurt him.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
6 that's pretty ridiculous, especially when you consider other things that get nothing.

No one can say anything, though. NHL doesn't want to listen to how trash the officials and Parros is.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad