Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Shame that Perron went after the wrong guy. He only saw Larkin gone down and Zub was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Emotions got the best of him. I’m actually shocked it’s 6 games for a first time offender. You saw how quickly Joseph and Kelly bailed after they did that.

Which Senator was the one helping the Wings trainer over, again?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I actually think getting the right guy might matter to the suspension number here.

Gudbranson only got one game, and I can't think of any other reason than he was attacking someone who hurt him.

Not that it's the right logic but I think the optics had to do with it. A crosscheck to a players head looks absolutely vicious. Continuing to fight an "unwilling combatant" doesn't look as potentially brain scrambling.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Perron deserved every one of those games, and more.

Joseph and Kelly deserved a game each as well, Kelly should have gotten a fine for this clothesline afterwards too.

Gudbranson deserves 2 games for conduct unbecoming.
And the other rat should get 2 games for the board and a lifetime of derision for the turtling.

The officials of that game should get mandatory NHL rulebook training.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
should have been 10-15 games.

two handed cross check to the head after the whistle with intent to injure because of revenge? nothing about that play was a hockey play.

Reactions: Sayba

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
should have been 10-15 games.

two handed cross check to the head after the whistle with intent to injure because of revenge? nothing about that play was a hockey play.
If Zub had gotten seriously hurt, it would have made national news, like Bertuzzi and McSorely.

The NHL is once again only punishing the outcome, not the actions.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Kelly should have gotten a fine for this clothesline afterwards too.
Can’t forget about Korprisalo, he was laying on the ice and kicked out Larkin’s feet. Have to wonder if DJ Smith had a bounty on Larkin’s head, deserves some punishment too.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Feels like the suspension is about right. Blindly attacking anyone after the play like that (who is calling for the trainer) is a horrible move, no matter how you look at it.

My concern now is Zub. Yes, he returned to the game, but the last two years this guy has had a ton of injuries.

It's a shame what happened to Larkin, but my goodness, he lost consciousness easily. If I were the Wings, I'd be putting him under every test they can think off. His injury history and how easily he went out are definite red flags here. They need to find out why and if there's a lingering problem there before letting him back on the ice. We don't need another young athlete with a lifetime of CTE.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
You could argue Perron desrerved 10 games and Joseph 2 games if you want to send a message to either player. 6 games and a 2 min penalty is relatively fair.

It was a high hit by Joseph, shouldn't have done it. Perron looking to murder Zub, but too much a pu**** to drop em. Joseph answered the bell and it's reasonable he accept given the outcome.

Hopefully this ends the drama and biased narratives on both sides.

Reactions: Sayba

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Shame that Perron went after the wrong guy. He only saw Larkin gone down and Zub was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Emotions got the best of him. I’m actually shocked it’s 6 games for a first time offender. You saw how quickly Joseph and Kelly bailed after they did that.
Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad