Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OccidentalOctopus

Garbage Poster
May 31, 2023
The Trash
is larkin unable to take a punch ? His reaction seemed pretty disproportionate to the actually hit. Looks like a big baby laying out there like he got shot.

Yes, a big baby lying prone on the ice where someone could have easily stepped on him.

Can't take a punch? Honestly, how many gloved punches/crosschecks to the back of the head have you taken?

I'm going to go ahead and guess "Zero," and that your bravado simply comes from living vicariously through other people, as well as being anonymous on the Internet.

Go stock a shelf at whatever grocery store is near you.

What does this show, Joseph touching his shoulder? Because that's all that is.

You should probably get some glasses.

Let me come "touch your shoulder" like that, see if you're okay with it.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The "two handed punch" is definitely an interesting technique.

Looks like a shove to me that went high because Joseph got bumped right as he was trying to box out Larkin, as the puck was loose in the slot, while trying to kill a penalty.
Perron bumping into him did not throw his hands high, Joseph's decision making did that.

It's not a sucker punch but it was unlikely his hands were going to go anywhere else with the way he chose to establish body contact.

OccidentalOctopus

Garbage Poster
May 31, 2023
The Trash
I love how you guys post this picture over and over; it's a push. He is pushing him, not punching him.

I love how you guys keep acting like you're so tough. That is not a push. You don't "push" someone in the face with your glove in one direction, while simultaneously "pushing" the back of their head with your other glove and a hockey stick.

The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in people, jesus.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Yes, a big baby lying prone on the ice where someone could have easily stepped on him.

Can't take a punch? Honestly, how many gloved punches/crosschecks to the back of the head have you taken?

I'm going to go ahead and guess "Zero," and that your bravado simply comes from living vicariously through other people, as well as being anonymous on the Internet.

Go stock a shelf at whatever grocery store is near you.

You should probably get some glasses.

Let me come touch your shoulder like that, see if you're okay with it.

You do realize that Larkin was not hurt at all being pushed like that right? That's all it was, a little push that ended badly because something else happened after. That happens 50 times a game and yes, you can touch my shoulder like that all you want because it would do absolutely nothing.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
What does this show, Joseph touching his shoulder? Because that's all that is.
1702316601712.png

OccidentalOctopus

Garbage Poster
May 31, 2023
The Trash
You do realize that Larkin was not hurt at all being pushed like that right? That's all it was, a little push that ended badly because something else happened after. That happens 50 times a game and yes, you can touch my shoulder like that all you want because it would do absolutely nothing.

Right, Larkin just chose that moment to lie down on the ice and have a quick nap.

Push? f*** sake.

You obviously can't see very well because, again, Joseph didn't push Larkin.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I love how you guys keep acting like you're so tough. That is not a push. You don't "push" someone in the face with your glove in one direction, while simultaneously "pushing" the back of their head with your other glove and a hockey stick.

It’s clearly a push, whether he meant to go high or not. You don’t punch someone by bringing both hands to the chest and extending, that’s a push . He is trying to prevent an opposing player from getting a loose puck in front of the net. He went to make a play on the body and partially missed.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

How am I being tough? If you were face-to-face with me, I would look you in the eyes and tell you that Joseph is pushing him, not punching him. Would like to hop on a zoom call or meet up in-person so I can tell you that to your face?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I love how you guys post this picture over and over; it's a push. He is pushing him, not punching him.
So if it's at the start of a play it's a push but after getting run into the boards getting plastered by the numbers it's a sucker punch eh?

Sadly this is NHL logic.

But plays like this always depend on the logo on the jersey for at least 30 percent of people on these boards.

Maybe at some point the NHL will get serious about head shots but probably not.

OccidentalOctopus

Garbage Poster
May 31, 2023
The Trash
It’s clearly a push, whether he meant to go high or not. You don’t punch someone by bringing both hands to their chest and extending, that’s a push . He is trying to prevent an opposing player from getting a loose puck in front of the net. He went to make a play on the body and partially missed.

I don't know what you're watching, but Joseph didn't even touch Larkin's chest. Look at the still frames above:

- Left hand glove in the face
- Right hand glove and stick on the back of the head.

That's not making a hockey play. That's not "pushing." That's trying to mug someone because they have a history. Joseph boarded Larkin last preseason after he'd gotten over the Jamie Benn Experience, which is why he launched a haymaker at Joseph's face. Is that acceptable? Absolutely not. In fact, it garnered a suspension. Since then, Larkin and Joseph have always gone after each other, and Joseph went too far this time.

You don't have to say someone's a "big baby" or "a p***y" or whatever. Admit that Joseph attempted to injure Larkin, because he did. Just like Larkin attempted to injure Joseph with the old "Wings of an Eagle" move.

I will say that Joseph was immediately calling over training staff after it happened, so good on him. He still knows he attempted to injure and got away with it,

How am I being tough? If you were face-to-face with me, I would look you in the eyes and tell you that Joseph is pushing him, not punching him. Would like to hop on a zoom call or meet up in-person so I can tell you that to your face?

You've just made my point for me, thank you.

OccidentalOctopus

Garbage Poster
May 31, 2023
The Trash
The Larkin discussion isn’t really relevant to the Perron suspension. I’ll say 5 games.

It kinda is, kinda isn't. Up to the mods, I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perron got 10 games.

I don't know how Wings' fans are going to survive playoff hockey when they get there.

Oh, you mean like the same fan you're talking about who watched Draper get his face mangled by Claude Lemieux, then watched the Fight Night at the Joe live?

You're right, however will I watch the playoffs with those memories?

Speak not when chances are you're going to be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It kinda is, kinda isn't. Up to the mods, I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perron got 10 games.

Oh, you mean like the same fan you're talking about who watched Draper get his face mangled by Claude Lemieux, then watched the Fight Night at the Joe live?

You're right, however will I watch the playoffs with those memories?

Speak not when chances are you're going to be wrong.
It doesn't sound like you guys are prepared at all. Like...not one bit.

And I fully think Joseph's play was worth a 2 minute penalty, but if you think you're not getting that type of play all the time in the playoffs, you need to brush up on your 'memories'.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Unless there are some incredibly young people posting here, which I highly doubt because forums are not exactly the thing nowadays. Yeah we may have watched playoff hockey before.
That's not what I said. We've all watched our teams in the playoffs, but it sure sounds like you're going to have a heck of a time with it this time around.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It's been a while since I've felt a somewhat real rivalry between the team I cheer for and another team and it's fanbase.

Hoping for meaningful games when the two teams meet moving forward without injuries to both sides.

tumblr_oqadh6DJuy1r2aobgo3_400.gif

Reactions: FMichael

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I'm not sure why the prior incident between Larkin and Joseph is relevant here, considering Joseph was the victim from Larkin targeting his head with a sucker punch.

But I guess since you're a supporter retaliatory actions, as seen by your support of Perron's actions, I can see why you think Joseph would want to retaliate on Larkin for that sucker punch. It's clear psychological projection. But I can assure you that Joseph was certainly not trying to retaliate for something that happened two years ago in the middle of killing a penalty. What's in the past is in the past. Larkin was correctly disciplined for targeting Joseph's head.

Not to mention Perron played for St Louis when the Joseph-Larkin and Benn-Larkin incidents happened. Seriously grasping as straws to excuse a guy going completely berserk and delivering a vicious cross check to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad