Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What an unhinged, barbaric, Neanderthal take.
Meh its hockey, its happened before it will happen again. This is more an issue with the league doing absolutely nothing to protect Larkin in situations like this that have happened multiple times now. The league does nothing about it, so a red wing player did after seeing his captain unconscious. This is the third time in 2 seasons something like this has happened, including Larkin missing an entire offseason in a neck brace
Gotta be honest growing up playing...if I saw my captain sprawled out like that I'd do the same. Doesn't make it right by any means. But I get it...4 games, shame he got thr wrong guy/s lol

Especially a captain who has had multiple injuries gone unprotected by the league. Your teammates would love you for it too

You Detroit fans have brought up Larkins injury history infinite times and have accused Joseph of knowing said history and attacking him on purpose. Someone points out the same thing on our side and this is your response... Hockey Town more like Clown Town if you ask me.

I dont know if Joseph knows Larkins exact suspension history, but the 2 have ahistory so I would think Joseph has more of an idea of whats going on, and as a wings player, I would think whatever he did was more likely to be intentional.

Like I said before though, this is more of an issue with the league not protecting Larkin though. When Joseph ran him from behind, Larkin got the only suspension out of the whole ordeal. It was a matter of time until players start policing themselves. Maybe the league will realise Parros is a joke at this point with the Trouba non suspension outrage, Perron and Gudbranson taking matter sinto their own hands

Reactions: sepster

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I dont know if Joseph knows Larkins exact suspension history, but the 2 have ahistory so I would think Joseph has more of an idea of whats going on, and as a wings player, I would think whatever he did was more likely to be intentional.

Like I said before though, this is more of an issue with the league not protecting Larkin though. When Joseph ran him from behind, Larkin got the only suspension out of the whole ordeal. It was a matter of time until players start policing themselves. Maybe the league will realise Parros is a joke at this point with the Trouba non suspension outrage, Perron and Gudbranson taking matter sinto their own hands
Detroit fans have brought up Larkins injury history many times. An Ottawa poster brought up Zubs concussion history and a Detroit fan said "ya he should have asked for Zubs medical history first". Also if policing themselves means cross checking a guy in the head well that's a pos move.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Meh its hockey, its happened before it will happen again. This is more an issue with the league doing absolutely nothing to protect Larkin in situations like this that have happened multiple times now. The league does nothing about it, so a red wing player did after seeing his captain unconscious. This is the third time in 2 seasons something like this has happened, including Larkin missing an entire offseason in a neck brace

Especially a captain who has had multiple injuries gone unprotected by the league. Your teammates would love you for it too

Let's not pretend Gudbranson did the same thing, as dumb as that was too. He didn't go after a guy and 2 hand him in the face.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Detroit fans have brought up Larkins injury history many times. An Ottawa poster brought up Zubs concussion history and a Detroit fan said "ya he should have asked for Zubs medical history first". Also if policing themselves means cross checking a guy in the head well that's a pos move.
Yep, and its more relevant for Larkins history because Joseph had a direct hand in that is what I'm saying.

As for POS move, all the old policemen from back in the day have done a bunch of things like this and everyone still loves them. Probert and Kocur, have done plenty like this this. Rob Ray has a highlight reel etc.

The league stepped up and got strict about headshots and things like that. They decided they would police the game, well now the league has stopped policing it and players are resorting to doing things that happened before the league stepped up. Shit like that is gonna keep happening with Parros in charge

Let's not pretend Gudbranson did the same thing, as dumb as that was too. He didn't go after a guy and 2 hand him in the face.
Yeah he just jumped a guy and started pounding him in the back of the head while he was down on the ice clearly turtling. Its gonna keep happening, Parros is the one to thank for it

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Yep, and its more relevant for Larkins history because Joseph had a direct hand in that is what I'm saying.

As for POS move, all the old policemen from back in the day have done a bunch of things like this and everyone still loves them. Probert and Kocur, have done plenty like this this. Rob Ray has a highlight reel etc.

The league stepped up and got strict about headshots and things like that. They decided they would police the game, well now the league has stopped policing it and players are resorting to doing things that happened before the league stepped up. Shit like that is gonna keep happening with Parros in charge
Ok so Larkins injury history is ok to bring up and relevant. Zubs concussion history is not relevant to bring up when he gets cross checked in the head. K gotcha.

Also writing this much to basically say you support scum bag moves like cross checking players in the head especially players that had nothing to do with Larkin being unconscious. Man some of you Detroit fans are seriously insane. You can't even reason with some of you you're just out for blood. This is f***ing hockey man it's a sport it's supposed to be entertaining.

Reactions: Bileur

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Yeah he just jumped a guy and started pounding him in the back of the head while he was down on the ice clearly turtling. Its gonna keep happening, Parros is the one to thank for it
I dont think blame can be deferred here. Perron lost his mind and did something reeeeal dumb. That's the beginning and end of the story imo.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Ok so Larkins injury history is ok to bring up and relevant. Zubs concussion history is not relevant to bring up when he gets cross checked in the head. K gotcha.

Larkins injury history is more relevant than Zubs, yes. Because Joseph, who is the one that got him here, has a history with Larkin and is a cause for part of those injury concerns. Involved directly in an incident with Larkin, that led to an incident with injuries and suspensions.

I dont think blame can be deferred here. Perron lost his mind and did something reeeeal dumb. That's the beginning and end of the story imo.

I disagree. The wings see Larkin get bodied from behind by Joseph a couple years ago, get the short end of the calls including not even a hearing for Joseph if I remember right. Then their captain gets cross checked in the neck, misses a bunch of games and a whole offseason of training in a neck brace. Absolutely no discipline for that either. Then you finally turn around and see him face down lifeless on the ice, you dont think that dressing room has had conversations about how they need to defend themselves because the league apparently doesnt care to?

Perron definitely snapped and did something stupid, but if you dont think Parros' negligence had any impact on that, I think youre wrong.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Should easily be 3-5 games, if he had a history it would be even longer.

I understand why Perron was heated, but that’s downright unacceptable behavior. Larkin got hurt by a freak accident and Perron went after someone who wasn’t even involved in it.
True ....but Trouba took a baseball swing to Frederick's head and got a fine......so who knows ?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Larkins injury history is more relevant than Zubs, yes. Because Joseph, who is the one that got him here, has a history with Larkin and is a cause for part of those injury concerns. Involved directly in an incident with Larkin, that led to an incident with injuries and suspensions.
K man, so injury history only matters when it's your player. I gotcha sorry, please disregard Zub's concussion history; matter of fact, he should have been cross-checked in the head even harder or even punched with brass knuckles.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

I disagree. The wings see Larkin get bodied from behind by Joseph a couple years ago, get the short end of the calls including not even a hearing for Joseph if I remember right. Then their captain gets cross checked in the neck, misses a bunch of games and a whole offseason of training in a neck brace. Absolutely no discipline for that either. Then you finally turn around and see him face down lifeless on the ice, you dont think that dressing room has had conversations about how they need to defend themselves because the league apparently doesnt care to?

Perron definitely snapped and did something stupid, but if you dont think Parros' negligence had any impact on that, I think youre wrong.
Again, I'm not saying they should have done nothing, the issue here is that Perron went full dumbass

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Imagine DOPS question

What did you see Zub do, Dave?
Dave: ummm nothing,
You replied to the wrong person. This comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Here's an interesting idea...maybe not go after someone to 2 hand them in the face? Perron the Courageous really shower everyone how tough he was there!

100%. I'd admonish the play and hope he leans not to be a f***ing idiot. I'd also (selfishly) hope it was a lesser player and not a star player.
Here’s another idea, how about not having two players punching Larkin in the head knocking him out. The Sens got dirty and things escalated.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You replied to the wrong person. This comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Here’s another idea, how about not having two players punching Larkin in the head knocking him out. The Sens got dirty and things escalated.
What will it take for you to accept that this wasn't a dirty play and just a freak accident?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

So now it's Parros' fault that Larkin is a piece of shit who sucker punched Joseph a couple years ago?
It's Parros' fault that Perron is a piece of shit who crosschecked an innocent player in the head?

Stop gaslighting us, stop victim blaming, and maybe have a look in the mirror for once.

Reactions: SNES

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Folks,

Going to throw this out there. Please do not wish injury on players. It’s against the rules.

What does that mean? Well hoping someone gets hit hard or rocked is one thing and not an issue but hoping or wishing someone breaks something or cannot finish the game or ends up on a stretcher, is going too far.

Also the “Hope someone Bertuzzi’s him” should also be avoided as well

Thank you.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

The doctor video in here, might have got it right, fainting related to the carotid artery.
That’s why he seemed to lose consciousness easily.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
K man, so injury history only matters when it's your player. I gotcha sorry, please disregard Zub's concussion history; matter of fact, he should have been cross-checked in the head even harder or even punched with brass knuckles.

I'm not sure if you can actually read or just choosing not to. I'm not saying players should have each others injury history memorised. I'm saying Joseph was literally directly involved in that injury history so he will know it. There were suspensions and injuries from an incident directly involving them, which means a hearing and other things.

I'm not saying Joseph should or shouldnt remember, but unless he suffers from short term memory loss, he knows at least part of this history

So now it's Parros' fault that Larkin is a piece of shit who sucker punched Joseph a couple years ago?
It's Parros' fault that Perron is a piece of shit who crosschecked an innocent player in the head?

Stop gaslighting us, stop victim blaming, and maybe have a look in the mirror for once.
This is hilarious. Another new age, social media type who loves to throw around buzz words like gas light without knowing what it actually means

Did anything happen before Larkin punched Joseph or was that a completely isolated incident?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
This is hilarious. Another new age, social media type who loves to throw around buzz words like gas light without knowing what it actually means

Did anything happen before Larkin punched Joseph or was that a completely isolated incident?
Nothing that warranted supplementary discipline.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Larkin has a concussion history and gets hurt on a freak play. Detroit fans: Omg be careful! Players should go easier on him because of his past!

Zub has a concussion history and gets crossed checked in the head intentionally. Detroit fans: LMAO, what? Should Perron have asked for his injury report first?! hahaha

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'm not sure if you can actually read or just choosing not to. I'm not saying players should have each others injury history memorised. I'm saying Joseph was literally directly involved in that injury history so he will know it. There were suspensions and injuries from an incident directly involving them, which means a hearing and other things.

I'm not saying Joseph should or shouldnt remember, but unless he suffers from short term memory loss, he knows at least part of this history
I'm not sure if you can read or if you're just choosing not to. Why is Larkins injury history more important than Zubs injury history?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Larkin has a concussion history and gets hurt of a freak play. Detroit fans: Omg be careful! Players should go easier on him because of his past!

Zub has a concussion history and gets crossed checked in the head intentionally. Detroit fans: LMAO, what? Should Perron have asked for his injury report first?! hahaha
All I know is its George Parros fault.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

I'm not sure why the prior incident between Larkin and Joseph is relevant here, considering Joseph was the victim from Larkin targeting his head with a sucker punch.

But I guess since you're a supporter retaliatory actions, as seen by your support of Perron's actions, I can see why you think Joseph would want to retaliate on Larkin for that sucker punch. It's clear psychological projection. But I can assure you that Joseph was certainly not trying to retaliate for something that happened two years ago in the middle of killing a penalty. What's in the past is in the past. Larkin was correctly disciplined for targeting Joseph's head.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Stop projecting. Larkin was the one who got suspended for targeting Joseph's head with a sucker punch. Joseph has never been suspended.
1702315348606.png

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
The "two handed punch" is definitely an interesting technique.

Looks like a shove to me that went high because Joseph got bumped right as he was trying to box out Larkin, as the puck was loose in the slot, while trying to kill a penalty.

This is a sucker punch (which got Larkin a 1 game suspension):
1702316056916.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad