Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Do you know what a crosscheck is? You need both hands on your stick for starters...
Pictures surfaced later with a better angle. But it also clearly shows he hits Larkin in the face and back of the head. The outcome is the same.

Reactions: wetcoast

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
?

My response would be the same, Perron is still a chickenshit loser. I don't have a problem with what Joseph did, he had no intent to hurt Larkin. Perron went right after a guy and crosschecked him in the face with intent to injure.
Yes, instead of hitting a guy who sees him coming, it would be much less chickenshit to just hit him in the back of the neck.

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
B
I get the emotional response from Perron, probably emotional responses from fans as well, I get it, but what if Larkin was the guy standing over an unconscious Senators player, and he got crosschecked in the face, would you be defending the guy who crosschecked Larkin?
But he didn’t crosscheck Larkin? They were battling in the dirty area (they don’t call it that for nothing, bad shit happens there which is why normally tougher players hang out there, which Larkin is not) And Perron didn’t see a cross check either since he went after the wrong guy. Just saw a prone player and went full Road Rage Neanderthal? Sooo not sure what your point is? Just lose your shit when you see a teammate prone without knowing context? Okay buddy

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
B

But he didn’t crosscheck Larkin? They were battling in the dirty area (they don’t call it that for nothing, bad shit happens there which is why normally tougher players hang out there, which Larkin is not) And Perron didn’t see a cross check either since he went after the wrong guy. Just saw a prone player and went full Road Rage Neanderthal? Sooo not sure what your point is? Just lose your shit when you see a teammate prone without knowing context? Okay buddy
You need to read again. It was a hypotethical about how people would defend the culprit if he received Perron's crosscheck

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
is larkin unable to take a punch ? His reaction seemed pretty disproportionate to the actually hit. Looks like a big baby laying out there like he got shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Bileur

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Punching someone in the back of the head is a "hockey play" only if you're a caveman
Let's at least try to be honest here, that was a shove during a net front battle. There was no punch.

The only cave man play that occurred was when Perron cross checked a guy in the head who has suffered a concussion and broken jaw this season already. It's also the play this thread is actually about but some fans are struggling to stay on topic for some reason.

Reactions: Relapsing

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Give Perron the chair.

There is 0 place in this game for that crap.

Any one defending him, or trying to use "whataboutism" would have been a supporter of Bertuzzi or McSorely too, and aren't worth even engaging.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
is larkin unable to take a punch ? His reaction seemed pretty disproportionate to the actually hit. Looks like a big baby laying out there like he got shot.
Ya that’s the concerning part for Larkin, seems to get injured easily.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
He went after a guy who just came back from a concussion and injury to that side of his head, with deliberate intent to injure him - according to the refs - with a crosscheck to the same area. Thankfully, Zub has worn ear guards ever since the injury or it could have been a lot worse.

If Pinto gets 41 games for doing nothing, he should be suspended for the rest of the season, if not indefinitely.
Clearly he should have asked Zub for his medical records before going after him LMAO!

I know it's tough for Detroit fans but this video shows it best. The hit on Larkin wasn't dirty. It was an unfortunate accident.

Who knew 2 guys attacking another guy in the head would have a bad result right?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I get the emotional response from Perron, probably emotional responses from fans as well, I get it, but what if Larkin was the guy standing over an unconscious Senators player, and he got crosschecked in the face, would you be defending the guy who crosschecked Larkin?
If a player on my team cross checked someone someone in the head like that in any scenario I'd call him a pos and hope he gets suspended.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Clearly he should have asked Zub for his medical records before going after him LMAO!
Here's an interesting idea...maybe not go after someone to 2 hand them in the face? Perron the Courageous really shower everyone how tough he was there!

If a player on my team cross checked someone someone in the head like that in any scenario I'd call him a pos and hope he gets suspended.
100%. I'd admonish the play and hope he leans not to be a f***ing idiot. I'd also (selfishly) hope it was a lesser player and not a star player.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You Detroit fans have brought up Larkins injury history infinite times and have accused Joseph of knowing said history and attacking him on purpose. Someone points out the same thing on our side and this is your response... Hockey Town more like Clown Town if you ask me.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Red Wings fans need to stop projecting their insecurities that Larkin gets concussed from a stiff breeze these days. It's not Mathieu Joseph's fault that Jamie Benn nearly killed him

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Exactly. But I was hoping from responses from people who defends Perron's actions, and how they would like it if the shoe was on the other foot.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Exactly. But I was hoping from responses from people who defends Perron's actions, and how they would like it if the shoe was on the other foot.
If Perron tried fighting the guy out of rage I'd be upset cause it was Zub and he did nothing but I'd understand where Perron is coming from. Cross checking a guy in the head is just a pos move regardless of the circumstances.

As a Sens fan I'll never forget the beating Carkner gave Boyle for touching Karlsson but he at least offered him the invitation to fight, unfortunately for Boyle he was getting into a fight whether he wanted to or not. If Carker cross checked him in the head I'd have called him a pos.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We’ll have to wait and see which red wings fans respond then.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
You obviously bought that Zapruder-like biased narrative someone posted earlier in the thread. Watch the actual video. Perron cheapshots Zub, a scrum breaks out, then Fabbri is right there, Raymond gets there as soon as he can trying to keep people away from Larkin. Ghost is being prevented from getting to Larkin. There's already medical personnel on the ice when another one joins with Tkachuk. Tkachuk then goes on to yap at Ryamond.

But sure, the Sens are the heroes here and the Wings were running around not giving a shit about their captain.

^ This video thumbnail image alone shows Joseph's primary point of contact directly targets Larkin's head. But somehow that is okay.

It should never be acceptable for any player to make malicious contact above the shoulders towards another players head. Malicious head contact should be taken out of of the game, Joseph intent was malicious.

Ottawa player (Joseph) lifted his hands from his hips section all the way up above Larkin's chin area to violently strike the side of his head. Proving this was, without any doubt, a blatant targeted attack on another players head. NHL should be ashamed!

Joseph should have been ejected from the game and also be facing a long suspension.

That said, Perron was heated and what he did was wrong and deserves a hefty suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad