Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I know it's tough for Detroit fans but this video shows it best. The hit on Larkin wasn't dirty. It was an unfortunate accident.

Reactions: NyQuil

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I would really prefer it if a more appropriate term besides "unfortunate accident" would be used in a situation where a player punched/shoved/butt-ended/[use whatever verb you want] another player in the back/side of the head/neck.

If Joseph's stickblade broke off, Larkin stepped on it, slipped, and then ate the fist/buttend from Kelly... that would be an unfortunate accident. Anything that starts with an intentional impact to the back of another dude's head loses the privilege of being called an accident.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I would really prefer it if a more appropriate term besides "unfortunate accident" would be used in a situation where a player punched/shoved/butt-ended/[use whatever verb you want] another player in the back/side of the head/neck.

If Joseph's stickblade broke off, Larkin stepped on it, slipped, and then ate the fist/buttend from Kelly... that would be an unfortunate accident. Anything that starts with an intentional impact to the back of another dude's head loses the privilege of being called an accident.

OK, it's a penalty worthy play but dozens of plays like that happen every game without such a bad outcome. You don't think that means there's an unfortunate and accidental component to that? Come on, Joseph literally shoved the back of Larkin's neck with an open glove and he ducked down into a completely unintentional butt end. That's 100% what happened. It's objectively unfortunate and I would say accidental but that part's obviously subjective. I couldn't care less about either team so I feel fairly open minded on this.

Reactions: Bileur

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

The NHL DoPS views Larkin's entire career as an "unfortunate accident" and is doing everything in their power to amend the situation.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I bet he gets 6-8 gmes for that. Worth every game though, turn around and see your captain unconscious with a guy getting up off of him, go for blood. You get the wrong guy, its better than getting no one at all

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
"I need Kelly to be the one who knocked Larkin out because he's the one who didn't actually do anything"
We don't need either one to be the one who knocked Larkin out, it was a freak injury. The only player who did something even remotely suspendable played for the Wings.

That's unfortunate because it's the definition of an unfortunate accident or fluke injury, take your pick. Joseph and Larkin were battling in front of the net, it's a hockey play. It's unfortunate you have too much emotional attachment to the situation to see that, but that's life.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I bet he gets 6-8 gmes for that. Worth every game though, turn around and see your captain unconscious with a guy getting up off of him, go for blood. You get the wrong guy, its better than getting no one at all
It's so weak. Man, that's so weak lol.

Man the f*** up, drop the gloves and fight someone if you must, but don't go and 2 hand a guy in the face - let alone the wrong guy.

But, whatever makes people feel better about it, I guess.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Exactly. Shows how we shouldn't take their opinion on the play seriously if they still can't see that there was clearly one hand on the stick.

If they can't see that, how can we trust their eyes on the play at all?
Yes - there was no cross check on the play - just 1 gloved hand to the back of Larkin’s head and other gloved hand on Larkin’s chin…

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
That wasn't a punch lmao.

That was a shove.

No one with athletic ability throws a "punch" like that. Zero back swing. Zero force.

You should go on YouTube and watch boxing and see what an actual punch looks like.
If that was a shove - then the same goes for Perron - a shove while holding the stick…

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If that was a shove - then the same goes for Perron - a shove while holding the stick…

If you can’t tell the difference then you’re always gonna feel like your side is the victim. Best of luck with that.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
When I first saw this yesterday I thought Perron crosschecked the guy who put Larkin down, now only seeing that he crosschecked Zub in the face. Bruh.

10+ games, this is pure stupid from Perron.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
When I first saw this yesterday I thought Perron crosschecked the guy who put Larkin down, now only seeing that he crosschecked Zub in the face. Bruh.

10+ games, this is pure stupid from Perron.
Now imagine your response was made in that moment and not after a few days.

Reactions: DamonDRW

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Now imagine your response was made in that moment and not after a few days.

?

My response would be the same, Perron is still a chickenshit loser. I don't have a problem with what Joseph did, he had no intent to hurt Larkin. Perron went right after a guy and crosschecked him in the face with intent to injure.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I get the emotional response from Perron, probably emotional responses from fans as well, I get it, but what if Larkin was the guy standing over an unconscious Senators player, and he got crosschecked in the face, would you be defending the guy who crosschecked Larkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad