Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well let’s see if the players are outraged by Joseph’s penalty. I don’t believe we would hear a peep if the unfortunate result didn’t happen, and I still don’t think we’ll be hearing players calling for Joseph’s head either way
It doesn't matter if they react either way. My argument doesn't hinge on the reactions of the players to this specific situation.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Joseph hits Larkin in the head, as Larkin is going down Kelly buttends him in the jaw. You can see it at the 4-5 second mark in the OP video. Keep your eye on 27, he is the one who knocked Larkin out.
Joseph's contact was to the neck not the head which slow motion video revealed. Kelly wasn't trying to deliver a head shot as Larkin was already falling forward when Kelly extended his arms and made contract with Larkin (again more to the neck region). According to one doctor who reviewed the video a blow to an area in the neck can cause someone to lose consciousness. This is a situation where a closer video review reveals detail not immediately visible at the time and hence changes immediate reaction impressions.

Last edited:

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
It doesn't matter if they react either way. My argument doesn't hinge on the reactions of the players to this specific situation.
Look, no need to reply anymore because this isn’t going anywhere. At the end of the day I think a 2 minute penalty sufficed for Joseph. The result was unfortunate. You don’t. We will never convince the other so little point of continuing

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Look, no need to reply anymore because this isn’t going anywhere. At the end of the day I think a 2 minute penalty sufficed for Joseph. The result was unfortunate. You don’t. We will never convince the other so little point of continuing
I continue to engage because I don't even understand what logic you are using outside of "I just like it that way for no reason."

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
"I need Kelly to be the one who knocked Larkin out because he's the one who didn't actually do anything"
Did I say that? People acting like Joseph sucker punched Larkin and knocked him out. If kellys not there at that exact moment nothing happens.

Reactions: Alex1234

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Not sure why Wings fans and some others are re-litigating the Larkin incident again in a totally different thread considering that both the officials on the ice last night and the NHL DOPS today have judged the situation and made the call that there was no wrongdoing in the part of the Senators players outside of the minor penalties that they received.

The Wings already got their retribution by scoring a goal on the ensuing power play and Joseph answered the bell later on in the game for essentially just trying to shove Larkin away.

Perron on the other hand, maliciously went after a player on the opposing team by cross checking him in the head, a player who had, just a few games ago, come back from a concussion himself.

The irony in all of this is that the only players on the ice who actually seemed to care about Larkin's well being were the Sens players, including Joseph and Zub. The only thing that Wings players had on their mind was to either fight and/or injure the Sens players at that moment.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
The irony in all of this is that the only players on the ice who actually seemed to care about Larkin's well being were the Sens players, including Joseph and Zub. The only thing that Wings players had on their mind was to either fight and/or injure the Sens players at that moment.
Not sure why you are surprised the team that didn't have any potential reason to retaliate didn't retaliate. This isn't any different to almost every single play that has involved a downed player and a perceived cheap shot.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Not sure why you are surprised the team that didn't have any potential reason to retaliate didn't retaliate. This isn't any different to almost every single play that has involved a downed player and a perceived cheap shot.

The Sens had every reason to retaliate considering that your resident meat head went after and headshotted a player who literally just recovered from a concussion.

But hey, I guess Random Wing Fan #1 and Random Wing Fan #2 and Random Sens-Hater #1 all know better sitting in their basements than the officials on the ice, the league DOPS and even the Wing's own head coach himself.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Not sure what happened to that link. But this is who brought up "classless". How many games will Perron get for this crosscheck to the face on Zub? (Perron offered in-person hearing)

But Joseph did nothing wrong, a shove infront of the net is allowed.

So you're saying that anytime a player is on the ice, another player without seeing what happened should react, specially in a way that could injure someone? You're really saying not knowing what happened is a reason to go after the first person you see?

Don't reach too hard, you might pull something
Unable to answer the question without mental gymnastics.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes, when I see a guy get sucker punched and lie motionless for several minutes, I will assume that is worse than a reactive cross check. The cross check was bad, but guess what, Zub didn’t crumple motionless. This is as black and white as it gets.
You're gonna be really upset when the only suspension is on Perron.

And rightfully so, everything else is a 2 minute minor.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
The Sens had every reason to retaliate considering that your resident meat head went after and headshotted a player who literally just recovered from a concussion.
I am talking about what happened before Perron crosschecked Zub.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, when I see a guy get sucker punched and lie motionless for several minutes, I will assume that is worse than a reactive cross check. The cross check was bad, but guess what, Zub didn’t crumple motionless. This is as black and white as it gets.
The problem is you are assuming.

The punch wasn't even bad. Unfortunate outcome.

The crosscheck was vicious.

Reactions: weslox and Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad