Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
He's got a terrible f***ing name and a terrible f***ing jersey number.

McG just out here tryna offend as many senses as possible.

If he could somehow transmit a foul odor to viewers of ESPN Plus, I'm sure he'd already be doing it.
Completely off topic, but your name and avatar reminded me that the gym I use always has ESPN on one of the TV's, and I thought Glenn Howerton was a guest analyst, but it turns out it was just Dan Orlovsky.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I guess Lindros, Kane, Vasilievskiy, Pastrnak, Nylander, Mangiapane, Burns, McGinn, Necas, Sprong, Schmidt, Sakic, Nolan, and Iginla are just a bunch of raging racists. Just like Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, Dez Bryant, and Demaryious Thomas. f*** I hate this idiotic culture.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I guess Lindros, Kane, Vasilievskiy, Pastrnak, Nylander, Mangiapane, Burns, McGinn, Necas, Sprong, Schmidt, Sakic, Nolan, and Iginla are just a bunch of raging racists. Just like Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, Dez Bryant, and Demaryious Thomas. f*** I hate this idiotic culture.
I mean yeah I get you..

But if Tony DeAngelo or Trevor Connelly wear 88, I'd be like hmm...

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Kyle Dubas in his office....

Puustinen's carcass in the press box this morning, small band-aid on burst lip. This city is annoyed of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of failure and when the drains finally scab over, all the fans will drown. The accumulated filth of all their hope and happiness will foam up about their waists and all the fans and media will look up and shout "Fire Sully!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Before 99, very few skaters wore any number over 30. Times change.

I kinda forgot why Wayne picked 99

It was with the Greyhounds that Gretzky first wore the number 99 on his jersey. He originally wanted to wear number 9—for his hockey hero Gordie Howe—but it was already being worn by teammate Brian Gualazzi. At coach Muzz MacPherson's suggestion, Gretzky settled on 99.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I know his last 2ish seasons were absolute garbage here, but let’s give Dumo some credit. He made some excellent plays exactly like this when he was at his best.
Dumo going to Anaheim is exactly what he wants anyway. He's a big wine fan and now he can hang around Napa all day. But yeah Dumo had some pretty bad injuries that hurt his skating, to me he came back too early and it really affected his game. Otherwise nothing but good memories of Dumo.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I was thinking what I'd want as a Pens coaching staff if Sullivan was fired, let me dream ok....but anyways...

Todd Nelson HC
David Carle Assistant Coach
Then let Nelson pick his next assistant or two.

Forgot to add - Dumo set a career high in goals for himself last season with 6.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Injuries hurt Dumo's career big time, but a big part of the hate he got towards the end of his time with the Pens is on Sullivan still treating him like he was a top pairing, 20+min a night, shutdown defenseman still.
Just imagine if Sullivan had been fired— how much optimism would there be about this team this year? A lot more than there is now lol…

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Just imagine if Sullivan had been fired— how much optimism would there be about this team this year? A lot more than there is now lol…
At the very least, the last 5 years wouldn't have been such a frustrating shitshow, so even if this was still where it ended up, at least they would have maximized Crosby, Malkin, and Letang's final good years.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
At the very least, the last 5 years wouldn't have been such a frustrating shitshow, so even if this was still where it ended up, at least they would have maximized Crosby, Malkin, and Letang's final good years.
As long as Sid can pass Yzerman in all time points, I’ll be happy. It would give all the bitter Red Wings fans yet another reason to be upset with the Pens.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I know his last 2ish seasons were absolute garbage here, but let’s give Dumo some credit. He made some excellent plays exactly like this when he was at his best.
Yeah i was joking, mostly

Dumo became a pillar for our defense. Imagine trying to win using maatta as your main piece through the years

But yeah once his speed and agility started to dip, he was toast as a mainstay for our broken style of hockey

And he triple-shotted bud lights lol

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yeah i was joking, mostly

Dumo became a pillar for our defense. Imagine trying to win using maatta as your main piece through the years

But yeah once his speed and agility started to dip, he was toast as a mainstay for our broken style of hockey

And he triple-shotted bud lights lol
If Maatta didn't have to have thyroid surgery j think he would have been perfectly fine.

Dumos last 2 years were really rough.
He helped win us the Stanley Cup and his contract was not outrageous.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad