Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
I think we can safely book three more losses coming up. You can almost guarantee either Colorado or Dallas (or both) putting up a touchdown, and the Pens typically roll over and die on home ice for the Caps even in the best of times

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just let it be the off-season already. I'm far less excited about who is gonna slaughter this team in the playoffs if they manage to eek in than I am about who is gonna replace the FO once it gets nuked, and where this team ends up drafting in the 1st round.

It's cool that Sullivan is as untouchable as Sidney Crosby. Dude's been nothing but a detriment for half a decade but he's gonna be here until the team ultimately drafts Crosby's kid in like 2043.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Blueger has double the points of Granlund since the TDL, Imagine how sad that is for us!!!
Mate you literally see Marino, Blue, Kap etc all doing well away from Sullivan and you're blaming a solid player that usually produces well that just joined and is suffering the same fate, yet you still want to blame Granlund?

Heinen, Carter, Dumo, etc legit suck. But to say that sucks for us when the issue is the coach and not MG is being blind to the real issue.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Ranks:

High danger shots - 2nd
Goals for above expected - 31st

It's that simple.

Dumoulin, Carter and goaltending could be masked if they could exploit their chances like an average team. They can't, so now they'll miss the playoffs.
Mikael Granlund can FIX THIS

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ranks:

High danger shots - 2nd

It's that simple.

Dumoulin, Carter and goaltending could be masked if they could exploit their chances like an average team. They can't, so now they'll miss the playoffs.
This has been going on for a few years though…we were like 26th in finishing last season…it gets worse as your best scorers age into their mid 30s…thats why I thought we should try hard for someone like Meier…this team desperately needs a Pastrnak…

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
I live in Calgary and really been watching/enjoying the Flames playoffs push. Now I'm not one to focus a whole lot on line combinations, but watching Sutter not be afraid to change around line combinations has been a breath of fresh air. Has the top 6 on the pens change once the entire season? At this point break up Sid/Jake, give O'Connor a shot, give Ganlund/Zucker a shot. Because what's going is not working.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Hey Ruhwedel. Next time don't go too far into the offensive zone so you don't blow a tire on the rush back.
You just knew the second he fell over, it was going to burn us. Figured it would be a 2-on-1 goal against, but the PK eventually got us there

Same with the failed Rust clearance. I give him credit for standing up and being accountable, but once the puck didn’t clear the zone and he was hobbling around, it was like brutally obvious Ottawa was going to score.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Things this team needs to be a good team: Better top 6 wingers, better bottom 6, better defense, better power play, better coaching, better GM, better ownership, etc.

You guys see where I'm going with this.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99 and Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
This has been going on for a few years though…we were like 26th in finishing last season…it gets worse as your best scorers age into their mid 30s…thats why I though we should try hard for someone like Meier…this team desperately needs a Pastrnak…
Need guys who will go to the net and also guys who can elevate a damn puck. Team used to have Hornqvist and Kessel and now most of the dudes make Conor Sheary look like Jimmy Neal.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ranks:

High danger shots - 2nd

It's that simple.

thats good but you have to reverse that trnd somehow, not rely on just grind them out shit.. this was against the team that got scored on at least 4 goals in the last 6-7 games...

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

But muh faceoffs!1!

t6a7CPD.png

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad