Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
People are saying they are gonna get bodied on the road but this team always aims for maximum pain so I venture it is likely they have 1 or 2 false hope games on the trip.
Yeah I fancy we go 1-1 over the next two games. Maybe even 1-0-1. Just enough to give some hope.

You can still move up. The Pens would pick fifth overall if they won the lottery. You'd really want to get into the top 4 if possible. The top 4 is pretty good.

But f*** if I'm gonna sit here in fantasy land and hope for the Pens to win the lottery with a .5% chance I'd rather sit here and hope that I win the lottery instead. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
A top-10 pick gives this team a shot at a kid projected to be better than anybody they've picked since Staal, probably. And it'd be cool to actually give a f*** about the development and follow a prospect who is worth a damn for once as opposed to hoping these C-tier or worse doofuses turn into anything.

Adding another 1st or two by dealing Zucker and Dumo at the deadline would've made for a hell of a draft day--whether they used the picks themselves or dealt them. Just sayin'. :laugh:

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
A top-10 pick gives this team a shot at a kid projected to be better than anybody they've picked since Staal, probably.

Adding another 1st or two by dealing Zucker and Dumo at the deadline would've made for a hell of a draft day--whether they used the picks themselves or dealt them. Just sayin'. :laugh:

Unfortunately,

Hextall will probably be making that pick.
Sullivan will be here for years f***ing up and kinda of development of any decent young players.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A top-10 pick gives this team a shot at a kid projected to be better than anybody they've picked since Staal, probably. And it'd be cool to actually give a f*** about the development and follow a prospect who is worth a damn for once as opposed to hoping these C-tier or worse doofuses turn into anything.

They ain't gonna get into the top 10 I don't think. Not unless the playoffs look hopeless. If that happens Sid and geno might nope out of playing hard

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
-The old 29er was trying to put lipstick on pig in the post-game show. He said all is good because if the Pens win out, they will be fine since they control their own destiny. However, don’t the Panthers and Pens both have 12 games left?

- if a rookie took that penalty late in the like Ruh, they’d be gone.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
-The old 29er was trying to put lipstick on pig in the post-game show. He said all is good because if the Pens win out, they will be fine since they control their own destiny. However, don’t the Panthers and Pens both have 12 games left?

- if a rookie took that penalty late in the like Ruh, they’d be gone.

If the Pens win out they jump the Isles.

They ain't gonna get into the top 10 I don't think. Not unless the playoffs look hopeless. If that happens Sid and geno might nope out of playing hard

If they finish 16th they have luck to get into the top ten.

Unfortunately,

Hextall will probably be making that pick.
Sullivan will be here for years f***ing up and kinda of development of any decent young players.

Hextall is decent at drafting in the 10-20 range.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If the blueline's decimated by injury, the team can't score to save itself, and the goalies are gonna be a shitshow--I don't think it's improbable to see them faceplanting down the stretch.

I doubt they'll end up with a top-5 pick by lotto luck or anything, but a top-10 pick is a much better outcome than seeing this team get shitkicked in the 1st round again then all the bullshit finger pointing that follows while nothing gets changed. (And even if it did get changed, it's probably too late at this juncture.)

-edit- FWIW, I fully expect them to stabilize the ship just enough to sneak in and get slaughtered in the 1st round. I just would prefer they miss, and miss big time, and genuinely think it'd be the best for this team long-term. /shrug

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBurghundy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kapanen has been playing very well on St. LOUIS. So the issue is the pens not the players

He's really not. He has a couple of points but he's getting absolutely slaughtered analytically when he's on the ice.

Let's not act like the shitty players the Penguins got rid of are actually now good since they're gone now. These guys all suck.

Reactions: Pancakes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We're gonna add the Kapanen log to the pile of shit we have to revisit every time a former Pen has a solid shift, huh? :laugh: Cool. Hey guys, what's Klinkhammer up to?

Dude was a failed experiment here. The best thing he ever did for this team was get traded for Phil. The coach was never gonna cater to the dude, and the dude never gave the coach any reason to.

Good riddance.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We're gonna add the Kapanen log to the pile of shit we have to revisit every time a former Pen has a solid shift, huh? :laugh: Cool. Hey guys, what's Klinkhammer up to?

Dude was a failed experiment here. The best thing he ever did for this team was get traded for Phil. The coach was never gonna cater to the dude, and the dude never gave the coach any reason to.

Good riddance.
I miss Brock McGinn. Like Granlund he didn't score or do anything at all offensively but he did at least cost 2.5 million less.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Except when it mattered

Well that's what happens when you only look good 50% of the season.

It's funny this team is the same shitty paper tiger they've been under Sullivan the last 2 years but they aren't getting the easy wins like they have the past few years.

I bought a Mustang today so idgaf rn

Did you get married too? Or are you only living up to one military stereotype.

Reactions: Shady Machine

reino

Jul 20, 2019
It's over
111.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad