Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
It's not really Hextall's fault if Dumo can't score a f*ckin goal or play just one good game once in a while. Afterwards, what's with this non sense cycling of the puck in the o-zone to no end and finally lose the puck after a bad pinch and the opponent scores on a 3 on 1 ?!?!?! It happened almost every game this year.

They've been playing this shitty system for a while now. It was great when they were fast and hungry. Now they look like they are hanging out at Dunkin Donuts just before the game. A different way of being hungry... This team's system is so bad it's frustrating.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
AfAEPNS.png

It is never too late in the season to fire the coach. Get this f***ing clown out of here

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
So the plan here is to look like shit as much as possible, sneak in the last WC spot, upset the Bruins and go for the Cup. Genius.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It is incredible how we always give up a crucial goal within 2 mins of tying it up. Every single situation we get into where we must defend the lead, we always give it up without fail
Hate to say it but I think that's a poor reflection of the leadership on this team. That goes for the coach that goes for the captain. After a while it appears as though both are getting tuned out. Also, it's a lack of attention to detail. Players aren't buying in anymore, sure they'll have Spurts where they look brilliant, but there's too many lapses, too much inconsistency. Really hope we trade off the core get some good assets and let them end their careers with dignity in places they might be able to contend.

Reactions: ncm7772

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Highly unlikely we'd be fortunate enough to do that, but I like the way you're thinking, cuz I believe next year we will be a top six or seven pick in the draft. In the year thereafter probably top three or four. LOL we just got to hit on these pics we need to start building a new nucleus. Won't be as good as the one we've had, but it might be fairly formidable if we have the correct Brain Trust steering the ship.
That's why all along I was saying to try to move the 3 main guys hitting UFA and see what's out there. Of course we know he sucks, but maybe other teams would have offered something for Dumo. Zucker was playing the best hockey of his life, probably could have returned a 1st. Jarry, not sure how desperate the Kings were for a goalie, maybe we could have received something good.

Instead, the guy with the plan in his head decided to get get Granlund and preferred probably losing all 3 this summer with nothing in return. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see his genius plan if he isn't fired!!

Reactions: Andy99 and ncm7772

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
A complete noob in net, who gets off to a hot start. Any other team, in the history of the league, would make his life miserable (crash the net, screens, etc). Not us though. Just stick to the perimeter and send weak wristers at him. Oh, and don't forget the shots that miss the net by 20 feet. Sully hockey

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I said in the offseason Rust shouldn’t be brought back. He got called out by JR for being comfortable and complacent. But then again that would have given Hextall $5 million to spend on someone else and that thought is absolutely terrifying
Just imagine what this team could do with 2 Granlunds!

All seriousness though, I don't think we need to ship out the core or even Rust (he has an impenetrable Sleepy NMC anyway). Pens need a fresh start with both a new head coach and GM.

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Both Sullivan and Hextall are awful even by the low standards of the NHL.

Yeah I’m not sure why we have to keep trying to assign all the blame to one or the other.

Hextall is a bad GM that’s made a bunch of terrible decisions. Sullivan is right now a bad coach that’s way beyond his shelf life with the team. I think it’s really that simple.

And combined you’ve got a team with a healthy, productive Crosby and Mallon in jeopardy of missing the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
A complete noob in net, who gets off to a hot start. Any other team, in the history of the league, would make his life miserable (crash the net, screens, etc). Not us though. Just stick to the perimeter and send weak wristers at him. Oh, and don't forget the shots that miss the net by 20 feet. Sully hockey
This is the problem.

If anybody remember DB hockey….
It was the same. Constant cycle and puck possession with few REAL chances at the net.

I remember this play where Talbot ended up free on the side of the net. He stood there unsure what to do until someone got behind him and started battling him. He went back into a comfortable “I’m working hard mode” with no thoughts about how it all leads to a goal.

About the game…
I watched the 1st 5min, saw where it was going and skipped to the 3rd period. I knew we were going to make an AHL goalie look good. Get lots of shots, but was thinking we could squeak out an OT victory.

I was wrong about the last part :(.

The team is cooked…
Sully is done.
Hextall has no clue how to build a good team.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We should have been sellers long ago in all seriousness, and I stated as much. So, better late than never? I'm hoping that some of our stars who are having pretty good years here get to another team. In the process we retain some salary, which would bolster return, as we drop precipitously in the standings and build from the ashes.

Reactions: ncm7772

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Rust has 2G and 3A in the last 18 games. One of the goals was an empty-netter (albeit a very beautiful one), the other one a tap-in. His passing is atrocious and his defense game has tanked too. The fact that Sully's go to move is putting him on the top line is all you need to know about his coaching skills.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Team isn’t making the playoffs, and good - they don’t deserve it.

Yet another game where they found a way to lose, despite controlling much of the game.

Man, it’d be nice if the team ever made it difficult on the opposing goalie by actually getting some net front pressure.

Would be even nicer if Jarry could make a key save.

Rust has 2G and 3A in the last 18 games. One of the goals was an empty-netter (albeit a very beautiful one), the other one a tap-in. His passing is atrocious and his defense game has tanked too. The fact that Sully's go to move is putting him on the top line is all you need to know about his coaching skills.
And he shanked an opportunity on a partially open net with Jarry pulled last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad