Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hopefully we win the lottery and get the 6th. there is a chance Michkov might still be on the board
Highly unlikely we'd be fortunate enough to do that, but I like the way you're thinking, cuz I believe next year we will be a top six or seven pick in the draft. In the year thereafter probably top three or four. LOL we just got to hit on these pics we need to start building a new nucleus. Won't be as good as the one we've had, but it might be fairly formidable if we have the correct Brain Trust steering the ship.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Broke: Ragamuffin is a troll

Woke: He was right all along
Lol. They are losers, they expect to lose every night. They will find any way to do it.

Up by two with 5 minutes to go? No problem, give up three inexplicable goals and lose.

Outshoot and out chance opponent 3 to 1? No problem goalie sucks that night and lose.

Need to score just 2 goals against the worst defensive team in the leaguewjth the worst goaltending in the league? No problem, score one goal and lose.

Go up by 2 against the worst team in the NHL in a playoff race at home while they're on a back to back? No problem, lose.

They are losers. They will find any which way to do it. They only care about the perceived game and dominating I'm scoring chances and analytics.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know that people are really blaming Granlund so much that we're just infuriated by the absolute stupidity of the acquisition.

To the players you cited, Marino being traded was a salary dump and a mistake, and I do believe he was misused by Sully. Blueger's inability to score into a soccer net will always be there, regardless of system. Kap will do well on a bad team - he'll cave the minute there's any pressure on him to produce
A lot wrong in this and I’m way too tired to bother anymore.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Lol what’s your angle? Do you actually think Hextall has done a good job?

Both need to be shit canned.
I think Hextall has been mediocre but has not hurt the team in the way JR did and seems to be stuck trying to make Sullivan figure shit out and is failing because there’s no fix to help Sullivan but to fire him so he’s in a shit spot. He’s barely had time and blokes act like he’s been here this whole time after the second cup and destroyed the team for 5-6 seasons.

He inherited a shit team with a coach that refuses to use youth and so we look like a team with zero options because the coach treats it as such and prioritizes shitty players that he likes into usage that makes zero sense. Players etc are being moved and thriving elsewhere. That shows the players he brought, some good, some not so good, weren’t the biggest problem. The coach is.

And the coach has powerful people behind him - FSG and Burke. So all this shit about Hextall is weak af. Is he the problem? No. Has he been great? No. But he hasn’t been bad either and dumped away some cap to make the off season an easier retool but the biggest retool he can’t make is firing the coach.

I feel like he’s gotten a very unfair and rough ride by a lot here.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I think Hextall has been mediocre but has not hurt the team in the way JR did and seems to be stuck trying to make Sullivan figure shit out and is failing because there’s no fix to help Sullivan but to fire him so he’s in a shit spot. He’s barely had time and blokes act like he’s been here this whole time after the second cup and destroyed the team for 5-6 seasons.

He inherited a shit team with a coach that refuses to use youth and so we look like a team with zero options because the coach treats it as such and prioritizes shitty players that he likes into usage that makes zero sense. Players etc are being moved and thriving elsewhere. That shows the players he brought, some good, some not so good, weren’t the biggest problem. The coach is.

And the coach has powerful people behind him - FSG and Burke. So all this shit about Hextall is weak af. Is he the problem? No. Has he been great? No. But he hasn’t been bad either and dumped away some cap to make the off season an easier retool but the biggest retool he can’t make is firing the coach.

Hextall has been far worse than JR. Moving out McCann, Tanev, Blue, Kap, Marino, for Carter, Petry, Bonino, and Granlund is asinine.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I think it'd be hilarious for the Caps to be the ones to drive the nail into this season's coffin. Two losses to the Avs and Stars and that Caps game is pretty make or break. :laugh:
It doesn't matter. If they lose the next two it's the off season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The only solace I have in them missing the playoffs is FSG cleans house.
My fear (or rather most likely reality) is that even missing the playoffs does nothing to remove Sullivan. *Maybe* Hextall (and Burke) go, but I can't see any scenario where Sullivan is let go this summer.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hextall took the mismanagement baton from JR and just kept sprinting with it. It's almost like he accidentally landed a good player in Rakell with how rudderless and dumb the rest of his decisions have been. Yeah, he hasn't hemorrhaged assets in a stupid ass attempt to land "his guy" like JR did, but he has f***ed the cap six ways from Sunday, made this team so goddamn unlikable and unwatchable that even wins feel hollow, and just when it looked like he was finally clearing deadweight by ridding this team of Blueger, Kap, and McGinn, his (hopefully final) move was to spend all the cap space on Mikael f***ing Granlund and his dogshit contract that has two more years after this one. :laugh:

This organization should've nuked the FO and coaching staff after the Montreal series. JR, Hextall and Sullivan have all been absolutely atrocious.

My fear (or rather most likely reality) is that even missing the playoffs does nothing to remove Sullivan. *Maybe* Hextall (and Burke) go, but I can't see any scenario where Sullivan is let go this summer.
He won't be. Almost guaranteed. They're not gonna fire him and risk the guy sitting on his hands and collecting the like $35 million he's owed. :laugh: All he has to do is sit on TNT and shoot the shit with Gretzky or take a long vacation and they're f***ed for a ton of dough. Don't think they'll do that with playoff revenue, ticket sales and merch up in the air. Shit, I don't think they'd do that because I'm assuming Sullivan is the absolute last guy FSG is gonna point the finger at. Dude's revered everywhere outside of this message board.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s so weird that people like to act like Hextall has f***ed up the cup.

We have 20+ million next year to fill in a starting goaltender, a middle six LD, and a top nine winger.

We also have multiple young pieces that can potentially fill two of those roles.
The one positive of Hextall being fired and Sullivan staying on is when the team looks like utter shit again next season, they can't just blame it all on the GM and absolve the perfect genius coach.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The one positive of Hextall being fired and Sullivan staying on is when the team looks like utter shit again next season, they can't just blame it all on the GM and absolve the perfect genius coach.
Maybe, if they don't just shrug and assume the team's dead in the water if not even the venerated Mike Sullivan can coach them to the playoffs anymore. :laugh: :naughty:

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I assume one of the pluses of FSG hiring their own GM is he’d be like why the f*** are you misusing the entire roster.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe, if they don't just shrug and assume the team's dead in the water if not even the venerated Mike Sullivan can coach them to the playoffs anymore. :laugh: :naughty:
Or just blame the new GM who just got the job because apparently it's everyone else's fault other than the jackass making stupid lines, using players in roles they're not equipped to play, and who insists on the same tired system that hasn't worked since 2016.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Or just blame the new GM who just got the job because apparently it's everyone else's fault other than the jackass making stupid lines, using players in roles they're not equipped to play, and who insists on the same tired system that hasn't worked since 2016.
Yeah. I mean, the dude was four consecutive 1st round exits deep and they re-signed him two years before his current deal was even up. :biglaugh: They couldn't even f***ing wait and see how the last couple years of his deal played out--they were just beside themselves in desperation to keep him locked up.

We're all pissing directly into an oncoming, gale-force wind by hoping ownership finds fault in Sully. imo. Now or in the future.

-edit- Ah well. I hope they miss the playoffs and FSG just f***ing nukes the FO and coaching staff. I expect the former, and think the latter is an utterly ridiculous fantasyland scenario--regardless of whether they make the playoffs or not.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

You're joking, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad