Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
What´s the point of making the playoffs and playing Boston in R1? It´s a masochism right there anyway. I would PROBABLY like to see them against Carolina, maybe that could be an interesting series at least. But seriously I would rather them to miss and clear the house than playing 4 games vs Boston. This season has zero potential anyway. Hextall ruined it. Not just at TDL, but is doing it constantly and this is the reality.
Because the only way to get FSG’s attention might be to be embarrassed by a team in Boston?

Reactions: Luigi Lemieux

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Do you know the saddest part of this team? They're just so god damn easy to dislike on the ice because so many guys just don't look like they give a shit. No accountability from anyone regardless of what happens.
Rust sucks? Get on the top line mate, there ya go.

Accountability innit?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
What´s the point of making the playoffs and playing Boston in R1? It´s a masochism right there anyway. I would PROBABLY like to see them against Carolina, maybe that could be an interesting series at least. But seriously I would rather them to miss and clear the house than playing 4 games vs Boston. This season has zero potential anyway. Hextall ruined it. Not just at TDL, but is doing it constantly and this is the reality.
I agree, I think missing the playoffs would be a bigger humiliation than losing in 4 against Boston. Also 0$ revenue generated from playoff games, which hurts even more!!

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Damn, the Sens must be a truly terrible team, to hang on for dear life against the pathetic Pens team. ;)

But the shot clock was a bit misleading. Not nearly enough traffic in front of the net - not even when both D-men for the Sens were on 3+ minutes shifts, not enough passes to make the goalie move. And the Sens' rare chances were pretty dangerous.

Ruhwedel's penalty was the icing on the cake. And of course Dumo is once again right next to the guy scoring the winner doing... not enough.

You know things are bad when Bob Errey is occasionally criticizing Penguins players. I kind feel bad for him and Mears having to try to find the silver lining in this debacle. The way they talk about Rust is hilarious in a black comedy kind of way.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Damn, the Sens must be a truly terrible team, to hang on for dear life against the pathetic Pens team. ;)

But the shot clock was a bit misleading. Not nearly enough traffic in front of the net - not even when both D-men for the Sens were on 3+ minutes shifts, not enough passes to make the goalie move. And the Sens' rare chances were pretty dangerous.

Ruhwedel's penalty was the icing on the cake. And of course Dumo is once again right next to the guy scoring the winner doing... not enough.

You know things are bad when Bob Errey is occasionally criticizing Penguins players. I kind feel bad for him and Mears having to try to find the silver lining in this debacle. The way they talk about Rust is hilarious in a black comedy kind of way.
Unfortunately, right now the choices are Dumo or Nobody Else. And Nobody Else is making a strong case for Dumo's ice time...

reino

Jul 20, 2019
022153ea-3465-4795-8a0d-5e340d9fd86c-jpeg.673008

• Haha

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sullivan's pets combine to give Ottawa the win. Ruhwedel takes a dumb penalty after tripping over his own skates, then Dumoulin proceeds to leave Batherson all alone in front of the net for the tap in winner.

And yet again Sullivan's Pens find a way to tie it only to allow a goal within 2 minutes afterwards.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It'd be cool if they just spiraled out of control and missed the playoffs by a mile. I still don't expect them to, though.

Imagine the blessing in disguise if this team managed to completely faceplant down the stretch and end up with somebody like Michkov falling into their lap by moving up in the lottery and the guy dropping due to the Russian factor. Landing potentially the next Kaprizov sure as shit would go a long way toward the post Sid era being less miserable.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I just made myself sad remembering I have the grand (dis)pleasure of watching these trouser sniffers shit the bed live on Saturday night, thank merciful Satan there's beer.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Also, Granlund has 1 goal, 1 assist in 9 games. But want to remind everyone that it was both in 60th minute of the Philly game, he picked up an 4:1 EN assist first, then scored a meaningless 5:1 goal at the end. Great 5M impact.
No, he got an assist for the first goal in the Philly game and we got all excited about the third line for the first time in ages.

And to be fair, Granlund's line not isn't hurting us. It's not helping us either but even this nothingness is improvement on what it was before. But when you are contender this can't be your big move.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It'd be cool if they just spiraled out of control and missed the playoffs by a mile. I still don't expect them to, though.

Imagine the blessing in disguise if this team managed to completely faceplant down the stretch and end up with somebody like Michkov falling into their lap by moving up in the lottery and the guy dropping due to the Russian factor. Landing potentially the next Kaprizov sure as shit would go a long way toward the post Sid era being less miserable.
It would but fun until we traded him at the next deadline to get Blueger back.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also, Granlund has 1 goal, 1 assist in 9 games. But want to remind everyone that it was both in 60th minute of the Philly game, he picked up an 4:1 EN assist first, then scored a meaningless 5:1 goal at the end. Great 5M impact.
Continues to be such a ridiculously stupid trade.

It's not even the fact Granlund's been a ghost, but the fact he was NEVER going to be a fit for what Sullivan intended to use him as.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Hey now, Sullivan's gotta shake things up, you know? And apparently the ONLY moves he's allowed to make under the NHL's CBA is switch Rakell and Rust back and forth.
And sometimes Heinen for some reason. Like I'd rather see Nylander back or Puustinen or literally any other lad from wbs given a shot.

The fact that this team is suddenly using the injury to Bones as such a vital thing is comical. Sullivan is so f***ing clueless. FSG needed to take notice to the multiple players that have left and succeeded away from his usage, instead they prematurely extended him.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
When the bottom fell out I knew it was going to be ugly with this spoiled fanbase. It’s even worse than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad