Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Hextall had damn well better be gone at the end of the year. His cap mismanagement is the stuff of legend. My fear though is that uber-idiot Burke will just take over. If that happens, they might as well get the bankruptcy padlocks back out of the basement, because the team will be in ruins in two years.

Only hope to get rid of Sully is that nose dive through New Years in 23-24, and the stars make it clear he needs to go.
The good news is the timeline is shaping up for FSG to sell the team to Sid for a rabbit’s foot keychain and a box of Timbits. Then he’ll get to come out of retirement at age 54 to play with Thomas Surovy Jr to sell a few tickets.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Their goals are way down. Their powerplay is way down. PK, down. It's an across the board thing that just looks even uglier because Jarry can't stay healthy.

Nope. It's a symptom of coaching. Powerplay and PK are trash because of coaching. Goaltending has fallen apart this year.

Sullivan is a dunce. It's hilarious how many people he's swindled.

Don't worry. We will see it where ever he ends up.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yeah at least we got HBK2.0 going.
2 point
big-ben-oh.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Nope. It's a symptom of coaching. Powerplay and PK are trash because of coaching. Goaltending has fallen apart this year.

Don't worry. We will see it where ever he ends up next year.
You really think he's getting fired after FSG extended him?

I'm not sure he'll be fired at all now even next year. If they miss again next year they might just go welp thats it it's time for the rebuild, not Sully's fault.

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

Almost as good as Jack Johnson being light beer Letang.

You really think he's getting fired after FSG extended him?

I'm not sure he'll be fired at all now even next year. If they miss again next year they might just go welp thats it it's time for the rebuild, not Sully's fault.

No, I just typed that by accident.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Don't worry. We will see it where ever he ends up.
I mean yea he's doing an awful job. The roster is also worse. I don't know why no criticism can be made without you getting a hate boner for Sullivan.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I mean yea he's doing an awful job. The roster is also worse. I don't know why no criticism can be made without you getting a hate boner for Sullivan.

Because nothing means anything if Sullivan is still here.

The dude is lost. How do you lose this game tonight?

Pens think they outplayed them. They got roasted. They had more shots, but Ottawa had way more actual opportunities. Sullivan can't get this team to play passive D.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They should've just packed it in at the TDL and shut Jarry down for the season to get surgery if he's as injured as people have been hinting at. Can't wait to hear how he played through some gruesome injury all season when the team's eliminated and he's ultimately forced to go under the knife anyway. They probably could've landed another two 1sts for Zucker and Dumo retained, to use to acquire impact guys this summer or to start rebuilding a miserable prospect cupboard. Neither guy makes sense to re-sign with where this team's at, but they just can't make proactive moves or accept reality.

Jarry's as volatile as MAF ever was and he's got Beau Bennett's durability on top of it all. Gonna be cool when the team hands him a new deal because absolutely they can't risk a different awful goalie option back there as opposed to sticking with their homegrown awful goalie option. :laugh:

I still can't believe this team cleared deadweight cap just to tie themselves to the cinderblock that is Mikael Granlund.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am not sure if I would be more sad or amused if the Pens miss the playoffs and pull a Steelers and be the best worst team out there without even a good draft pick as consolation.

Oh, who am I kidding.

Put me down for amused.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
What´s the point of making the playoffs and playing Boston in R1? It´s a masochism right there anyway. I would PROBABLY like to see them against Carolina, maybe that could be an interesting series at least. But seriously I would rather them to miss and clear the house than playing 4 games vs Boston. This season has zero potential anyway. Hextall ruined it. Not just at TDL, but is doing it constantly and this is the reality.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Pens are infected with a loser mentality, and have been for much of this year. Consider how many games they've blown in the last 5 minutes. For an experienced team that supposedly knows what it takes to win, they are rarely demonstrating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad