Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The only reason I even care about making the playoffs is because of the streak. We all know these losers were gonna get spanked in 4-5 games anyways
the streak is meaningless.... hence why I wanted them to move on to at least one of the big 3 last offseason, not sign Rust, send Carter back from where he came, fire sully, smack hextall, give burke the finger and most definitely get young angry players.

Reactions: bomber22

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I still think they'll eek into the playoffs, but none of the teams vying for the final WC spot deserve it. :laugh: They're all shit in their own special way.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Any other team would fire the coach to salvage the season but management has made him out to be an irreplaceable top five head coach. Plus they’re cowards. Hextall being such a loser will probably get Sullivan off the rope. To think DB had a mini cult while he was here and where is he now? While Sullivan has the support from ownership and management. The penguins are f***ed for the foreseeable future.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ron Hextall keeping our 1st looks a lot smarter than the room right now.
Meh. That first could have been enough to get us in. Instead we're gonna pick like 19th or some shit. Whoopdie do. We'll get another Sam Poulin or Owen Pickering who sucks a fat one and doesn't move the needle at all.

Chychrun might have made an impact in what's left of Crosby's career.
Any other coach in the league is scratching Carter.
That's my point? We aren't getting a new coach, and Carter will still be here.

So we would need 2 wins to pass Panthers/Isles.
We have a game in hand as Gurglesons mentioned but they have more ROW so tying them isn't good enough.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'd still rather have a 2nd and a good player than a 1st and Granlund unless the team wins the lottery, in which case Hextall deserves zero credit for anything because he turned a perennial 100 pt team into a lottery team.

Since 17-18, Sullivan's penguins have finished 3rd aside from one freak COVID year.

In 19-20 we were on the way to finishing the season like this and Sully got his ass saved by COVID.

Reactions: Rave7215
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
You can’t fire a coach with 20 games left. The time to do that was in December, maybe January.

Every day that goes by Hextall’s off-season looks worse and worse. I can’t believe he fought Malkin tooth and nail to free agency and after giving Rust and Carter quick no hassle contracts.

Reactions: Turin and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Meh. That first could have been enough to get us in. Instead we're gonna pick like 19th or some shit. Whoopdie do. We'll get another Sam Poulin or Owen Pickering who sucks a fat one and doesn't move the needle at all.

Chychrun might have made an impact in what's left of Crosby's career.

That's my point? We aren't getting a new coach, and Carter will still be here.

We have a game in hand as Gurglesons mentioned but they have more ROW so tying them isn't good enough.

If we finish 16th we get at least 16th.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Rust can't clear leads to gwg
Had a golden opportunity to tie and whiffs
Hextall how's riding this goal tending duo into a mountain working out? We'll probably end up missing playoffs by a point or two then we can look back at how many points jarry single handedly gave away.

Jarry wasn't awful. He wasn't stellar either. Not the reason we lose. But he might be the reason we don't make the playoffs.

Dumo he's just not good at hockey anymore. Was our 5m tdl acquisition even on the ice? Good job hextall thx for strapping us to that empty jersey for two more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad