Post-Game Talk: Pens Sens. That’s how we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
What coach survives through a season where they have an insane amount of blown leads and multiple losing steaks.

I'd love to see what FSG sees. I'd be way happier watching them.
Do they see? I dunno. I hope when the firings happen in the summer (if they do) FSG actually talks. When Shero was fired DK sat down with Lemieux, Burkle and Morehouse and they gave a candid interview about what direction they wanted and surprisingly dumped all over Shero. FSG hasn't said a word since buying the team.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
76eW.gif

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
You couldn’t make it up. Just an absolute mad libs of Penguins failures over the last few years

-outshoot a team 50 to 20 and still lose
-lose to a journeyman goalie making his first start
-big coaching move to shake things up? Reunite GCR
-7th d man that shouldn’t be playing gives up the PP that leads to the Sens winner
-player breaks stick, whipping boy gets injured and can’t clear on the GWG power play
-a billion feckless chest snipes
-worthless power play that does nothing for 2 minutes but hand momentum to the other team
-team desperately needs a goal, but everyone determined to over pass in an effort to kill high danger chances
-whipping boy D man beaten to the net for the Sens GWG

Did I forget any other stereotypes? Just a tragicomedy on every level. Last year was bad, but this is a sickening way to watch this team shrivel up and die.

That was probably the nail in the coffin for the season tbh. The team could not have chosen a better time for a 4 game losing streak.
Yup. All our games in hand are gone and we’ve slid from 7 to 9. Florida hot, NYI at least competent. And this team is barely able to ice 6D if you include everyone in WBS.

It’s over. Except it’s worse than over, because we have to see them get clowned for another 12 games and remove all doubt. Turn out the god damn lights, and let’s hope for a front office/coaching/roster bloodbath in the summer, hopefully by someone who actually wants to see this team win.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
They won't bottom out hard enough or get that lucky in the lottery.
I dunno about that. I think they maybe get 4 points that are left on the table. I could easily see them finish 9-12 worst in the standings. That was a devastating loss tonight.

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
That was probably the nail in the coffin for the season tbh. The team could not have chosen a better time for a 4 game losing streak.
They've had so many disastrous losing streaks this season, who can even keep count anymore?

Surprising they've held on to a WC spot for this long, real testament to the (lack of) quality of teams near the WC spots.

Might as well go out guns blazing with nearly 50 shots on:
il_fullxfull.3453719856_klc1.jpg

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I dunno about that. I think they maybe get 4 points that are left on the table. I could easily see them finish 9-12 in the standings. That was a devastating loss tonight.
They've had nothing but devastating losses lately. I doubt this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Reactions: Turin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad