The state of the Habs Rebuild - The Next step

What note you give to Kent Hughes' Rebuild? ?

• A

Votes: 198 58.1%
  • B

Votes: 119 34.9%
  • C

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • E

• F

• Total voters

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
:cry:

I don't nt think there's anything hostile about pointing out poor takes. What's truly inexplicable is sticking to an approach to assessing prospects that is quite clearly unsound, year over year. Not very interesting, grant it.
Of course my argument is unsound if one can't understand it.

I didn't assess Reinbacher (prospect) but the Habs depth chart. Pretty clear.
It's this type of specious reasoning that is "inexplicable".

Conflating assumptions with "logical and rational conclusions" is what's foolish.

The Habs should and will continue to "plan for the future " regardless of what happens to any one prospect or player... What's with the strawman?

Building prospect and pick depth, implementing an excellent development program, building a culture of excellence, treating players well (including departing ones).... is exactly what KH & co have been doing since day one.

There isn't any one prospect that will compel them to stop, or start, building depth. Every single player is one bad hit away from career altering injury, that's as true for established vets as it is for prospects.

The entire premise of this argument is unsound.
It's only unsound if you can't (or intentionally refuse to) understand the difference between a 5th OA picked prospect and a generic prospect.

Since you need further explanation: Teams don't tank and rebuild to draft 17th OA and try to peg the prospect as "building blocks". The argument that Reinbacher should be downgraded from "building block" to "prospect" is fine, in fact it's got nothing to do with Reinbacher at all. The thread is titled: The State of the Habs Rebuild, not The State of Reinbacher.

Reinbacher has all the potential in the world to be the next "D-2" or whatever it is Kent Hughes expects from him, in fact you could say Reinbacher is has the potential to be the best d-man of all time or whatever it is you believe... but given his injury and loss of important development time, it would be unwise for the Habs to count on him as a franchise cornerstone and not hedge its bets against his future. Better prospects than him have failed to reach their ceiling on account of injuries and lost development years. The Habs should therefore not give away high-potential RD prospects and likely look to acquire additional ones. It's a simple and honest conclusion -- I would keep Mailloux, Barron, and even Konyushov. We suddenly have a big question-mark in terms of RD depth, now and going forward.

Like I said, the hostility is inexplicable.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Like I said, the hostility is inexplicable.

It's not inexplicable. He spent the last two decades bitchin every habs GM on a daily basis, squaring off against their fanboys, and now he finally found one that he fell madly in love with. That's what blind love does. You can't critic nor doubt anything Hughes does or else he'll mock you. It's a childish behavior. The mocking, I mean. He's turned into the very thing he disliked. A blinded fanboy.

I really like Hughes, he's the best GM we've had in a long while. Still he's not perfect, no one is, and he'll make mistakes. I doubt Millertime will notice them even when they become more glaring.

Reactions: Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad