Rumor: Pens and Canucks talking trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
You might be disappointed!!! Remember who the GM is ...zucker was his guy... rest assured Rutherford is looking for D but would be open to listening to something involving zucker . Rest assured , one of his first trades will be with pitt.
Rutherford said he's not going to be making any big trades as the interim GM.

Zucker has a NTC and likely has every Canadian team on his list, considering his family situation.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Obviously you don't know what plus means so here goes......Miller, a 2nd, a 4th , and PLUS for Casey demsith.....take or leave it..LOL..
Wow what a clever response.

Hamonic+Schenn for Marino because Burke loves Truculence.

Also, Pearson+Sutter for Guentzal because Rutherford has traded those two away before.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I really don't see any logical trade. The best prospects that the Penguins have are Poulin, Blomqvist and Clang. The rest is uninspiring trash. I'm not sure any deal makes much sense for Miller, let alone a laugh at getting Boeser.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
At this point Miller is basically untradeable. Maybe revisit anything involving him at the trade deadline or next summer. The Canucks top forward when things were going badly, and their best forward during this streak. He is what we hoped EP would be this year.

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever with the way Vancouver is currently rolling to even entertain the idea. New confidence in the team, trending toward a playoff spot and they want to give up one of their best performers? Unless the guy was low key locker room poison, then there is no reason to even think about it. Imagine if Vancouver is a playoff team come spring and they had moved Miller for futures before the end of 2021. That would be monumentally dumb.

Also, the idea of the Pens trading a big package for JT Miller sounds positively Rutherfordian. I dont mean that in a slanderous way, because I still love the man and what he accomplished for the Pens. He's a legend, even if he eventually got reckless with his trades here.

But going after Miller, who is having the best stretch of his career, and paying top dollar to get him, just smacks of a lack of imagination. JR did this kind of think with Zucker. Tried and failed to get him with Kessel, but didnt leave it alone, and then traded for him six months later for an even bigger package of mostly futures. Even if Zucker hadnt been more than a lukewarm dud here, it just seems unimaginative, like you have a scouting list of one name. Like "there is only ONE GUY who can be a roaring success, and we have to move heaven and earth to get him. Oh, he happens to be tearing it up on his current team? Better really sweeten the pot with more futures, because there is no way THIS could fail."

In contrast, last year Hextall gave up a couple of mid round picks to land Carter. I was skeptical at the time, but that was proof positive that a change of scenery trade can have a transformative impact on alot of players. Even guys who seem to be coasting toward their twilight years. That was buying low and winning big, as opposed to buying so high you get a nose bleed and hoping it doesnt blow up in your face.
But Rutherford had this way of getting zeroed in on his guy that he had to get. Zucker was the prime example. Couldnt trade Kessel for him, so he keeps at it and manages to get him for an even bigger package six months later.

But Rutherford had this way of getting zeroed in on his guy that he had to get. Zucker was the prime example. Couldnt trade Kessel for him, so he keeps at it and manages to get him for an even bigger package six months later.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
A battle of polar opposite GMs - one who is allergic to making trades, usually hibernates for the winter and a guy who loves to make deals.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah well, I know JR and what he says and doesn't say.
What did he say and didnt say? Ypu think he will trade Hughes and pettersson for zucker all of a sudden? I dont think he is that dumb if he won 2 cups with Pens.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Rutherford said he's not going to be making any big trades as the interim GM.

Zucker has a NTC and likely has every Canadian team on his list, considering his family situation.
Incorrect. Gm Rutherford on the NHL network yesterday Cleary indicated he ia aware they are awfully thin on D and expect some moves come January once they fully evaluated the team. He also indicated he knows the areas they need to improve on to be a contending team. That certainly sounds like a GM looking to make a deal. The interview can be heard on the powerplay. Check it out

Reactions: Duncstar

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Wow what a clever response.

Hamonic+Schenn for Marino because Burke loves Truculence.

Also, Pearson+Sutter for Guentzal because Rutherford has traded those two away before.
Did you make that trade on x box ? Of Burke loves turbulence, why not go get kane right now ?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
So because JR traded for him once trading futures when the Pens were looking to win another cup you somehow think he’s going to be eager to trade a much better, younger forward for him now?
We know Gm Rutherford is on the prowl. We know he knows the pens players well. We know he likes zucker. We know both teams are in opposite conferences. We know Miller likely moving on. We know Burke and hextall are likey going to pull the trigger on something as the pens still seem competive. Connect the dots... we also just heard Rutherford claim his defense is awfully thin

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
We know Gm Rutherford is on the prowl. We know he knows the pens players well. We know he likes zucker. We know both teams are in opposite conferences. We know Miller likely moving on. We know Burke and hextall are likey going to pull the trigger on something as the pens still seem competive. Connect the dots... we also just heard Rutherford claim his defense is awfully thin

Unless the Pens are trading Marino or Letang, there’s nothing else improving the Canucks defense.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Incorrect. Gm Rutherford on the NHL network yesterday Cleary indicated he ia aware they are awfully thin on D and expect some moves come January once they fully evaluated the team. He also indicated he knows the areas they need to improve on to be a contending team. That certainly sounds like a GM looking to make a deal. The interview can be heard on the powerplay. Check it out
I will agree that he never said he wouldn’t make a deal. He did say he wanted to give the team to end of Jan to fully evaluate them. Obviously if a no brainer deal comes along then you do it. But as you mentioned above we are thin at D. Would anticipate any move made would be to help bolster the back end. Not a Boeser/Miller for a kapanen situation.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I look forward to the Rutherford bailing the Penguins out sandwich.

As a canes GM
Trading Dumo+ for Jordan Staal, even though it was absolutely clear Staal wasn't going to go anywhere else but Carolina

Of course his temporary sanity as a Pens GM.

Now I'm hoping he takes on all of his mistakes from the Pens and overpays for a bunch of garbage.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I really don't see any logical trade. The best prospects that the Penguins have are Poulin, Blomqvist and Clang. The rest is uninspiring trash. I'm not sure any deal makes much sense for Miller, let alone a laugh at getting Boeser.
The Pens prospect pool matches the Canucks roster.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Boudreau likes Boeser to much for JR to move him.
I think it's more likely someone like Dickinson and/or Pearson would get moved for someone

Reactions: gianni

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Bryan rust might be expendable if Rodrigues can keep it up? UFA. cheap deal. Penguins can't afford to resign him. If I'm Hextall, I'm taking futures..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad