Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The problem is that you are not listening to Blues fans. You just invent scenarios to fit your desperate need to believe Parayko is available.

When he's not.
I haven't invented any scenarios. This thread was based on actual trade rumors brought up by actual insiders. You simply aren't following the line of discussion. So be gone.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Parayko's play this year is the only thing that redeemed his value. Had they traded him in the offseason after the year he had, they would've gotten nothing for him. They would've had to take back bad money and they would've gotten the Karlsson return. It would've meant a Blues retool at that very point.

The term left on his deal elevates his value over what it would be if he were a rental. But it also complicates it, like any trade, because the only teams that are trading for him require cap assistance. Competitive teams are all at the cap ceiling.

Just like how I responded to your mention of the Monahan trade, trades have their own specific context. Parayko's has a lot to do with St Louis' future plans. If they decide to retool, the odds of a Parayko trade increases substantially. Because it doesn't make sense to build a roster around a defenseman in his mid-30s. It's incredibly risky.
Lol you are just great.man. so much in denial. Parayko is not on the trade block. End of story go after noah hanafin or some other crap.

I haven't invented any scenarios. This thread was based on actual trade rumors brought up by actual insiders. You simply aren't following the line of discussion. So be gone.
Please show me a legit insider that says anything other than people are calling about him. Interest from another team is not the same as shopping. Lol.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I see no rumors at all on Parayko. None. Just the ones that are in your head.

Close thread.
Google's your friend. If you follow the timeline of when those articles pop up, it's usually when St Louis struggles. The last time was in December, when the Blues lost four straight and died Berube.

Frank Seravalli has routinely mentioned him in his pods. And they'll keep popping up whenever St Louis falls out of it, because they're eventually going to rebuild. It's inevitable based on where they are as a franchise.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Well lets address this situation.
1) Parayko is not for sale.
2) you dont have the assets blues need in return.
1st and bad prospects dont move the needle.

If parayko was to be moved it would cost a top defensive prosepct a top forward prospect a first round pick +. #1rhd are not cheap
The oilers just dont have what the blues need and we are not taking cap dumps longer than a year. Sorry
You have no clue what management wants so don’t pretend you do. Nor does anyone on this site. Not a fan of either team but this is a dumb comment in any thread.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
You have no clue what management wants so don’t pretend you do. Nor does anyone on this site. Not a fan of either team but this is a dumb comment in any thread.
Yes i do. We have insiders like jeremy rutherford, john kelly, chris kerber and even armstrong himself that have all stated that they are not trading parayko. He is going to be a corner stone of the blues. I listen to 101.1 espn every day. So yes i do know. Its you whom has no effing clue.

• Haha
Reactions: Reality Czech

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Google's your friend. If you follow the timeline of when those articles pop up, it's usually when St Louis struggles. The last time was in December, when the Blues lost four straight and died Berube.

Frank Seravalli has routinely mentioned him in his pods. And they'll keep popping up whenever St Louis falls out of it, because they're eventually going to rebuild. It's inevitable based on where they are as a franchise.

Man the blues are retooling. We have several young kids on the cusp of the nhl. I have listed them several times. You just dont listen to what knowledgable blues fans are saying. If parayko is on the trade block jeremy rutheroford from the athletic will be the first to know. Till then its pure poo thrown on a wall.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Man the blues are retooling. We have several young kids on the cusp of the nhl. I have listed them several times. You just dont listen to what knowledgable blues fans are saying. If parayko is on the trade block jeremy rutheroford from the athletic will be the first to know. Till then its pure poo thrown on a wall.
From a Jeremy Rutherford article and a quote from Parayko himself.
Parayko wants to remain a Blue, and though he has a no-trade clause, he realizes that won’t stop the chatter.

“The last few years, I’ve always been in the (trade talk) mix,” he said. “I personally never heard anything around here, but obviously people are talking. That’s part of the gig. It’s pro sports and people are traded and obviously where we were last year at the deadline, things are always getting talked about.

“I don’t think much about it. This is where I want to play, and (with the no-trade clause), it’s always going to run through me. Like I said, I never heard anything like that, or at least it never got to that point. If it gets to that point, you have to start thinking about it. So I’ll just continue to do what I can for this organization while I wear the Blue Note.”
The trade talk will continue whenever the Blues fall out of it.

You seem to have little clue about what these boards are for if you're suggesting this is the only thread where shit gets thrown at the wall.

Reactions: capazzo

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hey Blues fans.. just use what has worked in past.
"Oilers want Parayko?put Draisaitl on table.. with his contract almost at its end, Edm adds on top'

That should shut us Oil fans up or create enough chaos to get this locked.

Reactions: Czechboy

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
From a Jeremy Rutherford article and a quote from Parayko himself.

The trade talk will continue whenever the Blues fall out of it.

You seem to have little clue about what these boards are for if you're suggesting this is the only thread where shit gets thrown at the wall.
Lol the trade talks are fine its the crap offers and people like you making crap up. Its flattering that you like and want parayko. Its idiotic to debase and devalue parayko thinking you can get him for nothing. Its asinine for you to benin such denial.

He just isnt for sale so get over your self

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Yeah what thatbguy said

You want parayko put up drais + since he is a rental and also drais has missed 20 or 30 games in his history with the oilers...so eith him being injury prone his valu takes a hit. Since he will command a high cap hit contract his value is even less. I know he is coming to st louis cause blues need another top centerman....so i can see this happening. Its been reported 4 years ago he was the ask if edm wanted parayko.

So i got all basis covered.

The price would be too steep for the Oilers. Blues would likely want Hyman coming back.
Ummmmm noooooo. Hyman is great but blues need top end dmen nhl or prospects. You dont have that. End of story

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hey Blues fans.. just use what has worked in past.
"Oilers want Parayko?put Draisaitl on table.. with his contract almost at its end, Edm adds on top'

That should shut us Oil fans up or create enough chaos to get this locked.
Brilliant!!

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

What rebuild has worked out without getting a bonafide franchise caliber player?

Because unless we get lucky and move 5-6 guys we aren’t going to fall enough to enter into a rebuild.

What’s most likely is we wait 2-3 years in this middle territory and then take another shot on trading for or signing a top 4 defenseman.

Our forward outlook for the next 8 years is extremely good. Our defensive outlook is not. We also have two very good goalies at the moment, one of which is pretty young.

To tear this down to the studs means you’re looking at an 8-10 year process. And by those measurements, the discussion of trading Thomas becomes more pertinent just as he’s ascending into bonafide 1C territory. Which makes absolutely 0 sense.

We struggled to find a LD for a long time until we traded for JBo. We don’t have a Pietrangelo, which could become problematic. I also don’t see how we get there shipping out the pillar of our defense for anything that would be remotely available. Oilers won’t pick early enough to make it worthwhile and that’s the struggle of this discussion.

What do the Oilers have that could help us fix our defense? Broberg, late 1sts, 2nds. Virtually nothing else and let’s face it you’d be lucky to get 2 bottom pairing guys if you put together a collection of 4 of those assets.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
It would be a solid debate of the Blues where completely tearing it down and rebuilding, but they are not.

If they where, completely tearing it down I could see something like:

To Edmonton CP
To St Louis
1st in 2024
1st on 2025
2nd in 2026
Two prospects, something like Wanner and Berezkin....(Man didnt realize how crappy their prospect pool is)
Ceci
And I guess you are going to have to take Campbell and that crap contract

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It would be a solid debate of the Blues where completely tearing it down and rebuilding, but they are not.

To Edmonton CP
To St Louis
1st in 2024
1st on 2025
2nd in 2026
Two prospects, something like Wanner and Berezkin....(Man didnt realize how crappy their prospect pool is)
Ceci

NO WAY IN HELL from this Blues fan. Taking on Campbell is non starter for me.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Yes i do. We have insiders like jeremy rutherford, john kelly, chris kerber and even armstrong himself that have all stated that they are not trading parayko. He is going to be a corner stone of the blues. I listen to 101.1 espn every day. So yes i do know. Its you whom has no effing clue.
Reality chek i listen to the true blues insiders. I listen to armstrong speak and listen to 101 daily. I have a better idea of whats going on then people from other teams.

NO WAY IN HELL from this Blues fan. Taking on Campbell is non starter for me.
Yeah screeeeeu campbell. We got binny hofer zherenko ellis ect we set on goalies. Campbell needs to be bought out by oilers.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

To Edmonton CP
To St Louis
1st in 2024
1st on 2025
2nd in 2026
Ceci
Parayko is only avaialable if drais is coming back....soo close it up now

Reactions: blueswede22

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Reality chek i listen to the true blues insiders. I listen to armstrong speak and listen to 101 daily. I have a better idea of whats going on then people from other teams.

Yeah screeeeeu campbell. We got binny hofer zherenko ellis ect we set on goalies. Campbell needs to be bought out by oilers.
Again, if you where in a complete tear down and rebuild, I am sure Binny would be moved as well. Again a scorched earth situation, which the Blues are not headed toward.
Taking on Campbell for a 1st wouldnt be an issue. You can stick him in the A for the rest of the contract.

Parayko is only avaialable if drais is coming back....soo close it up now
I get closing it up, but thats a freaking pipe dream, CP has been very good this season, but has been injury prone and its just a matter of time before that back injury returns.

Reactions: capazzo

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Again, if you where in a complete tear down and rebuild, I am sure Binny would be moved as well. Again a scorched earth situation, which the Blues are not headed toward.
Taking on Campbell for a 1st wouldnt be an issue. You can stick him in the A for the rest of the contract.

I get closing it up, but thats a freaking pipe dream, CP has been very good this season, but has been injury prone and its just a matter of time before that back injury returns.
He had one freaking injury he has played 90% of all games. Please explain to me injury prone. If one injury is injury prone then every single nhl player would be injury prone. Please do your home work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad