Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
canada's chances will be severely weakened if makar and the other wjc guys who are suspended are all still ineligible, even those who haven't been implicated of any wrongdoing (or even being in london at time the alleged assault occurred). i hope for everyone's sake that the trial will have been completed by then and any guilty parties will be held accountable, but that the cloud that hangs over the remaining members of that team will be cleared from those who didn't participate in sexual assault.
I'm sure they'd be fine.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I guess reading comprehension isn't what it used to be. I'll make my case more clearly.

I think Parayko is signed for too long and for too much for the Oilers to want to acquire him. He is good value right now, but his injury history is a concern and his age suggests he will decline sooner rather than later.

The issue with the Oilers acquiring anyone always boils down to one thing; they have no cap space. So if $6.5 Million comes in the same amount has to go out. This is case not just for today, or the next off season, but for several more years because of the long term contracts they have and the contracts that we know are coming.

Can they Oilers trade a kings ransom for an aging defenseman signed until 2030? Not unless some other long term contracts come off the books and these, without naming names, are unlikely.

Do you get my point? No to a Parayko trade. It cannot help this team.
So Josi @9 mil isn’t overpaid but Paryanko @6.5 is overpaid being a far better 2way player and a right shot?

Im a diehard leafs fan btw so don’t start by calling me a blues homer but from a leafs POV I can’t even begin to describe how much Paryanko would transform the leafs.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
canada's chances will be severely weakened if makar and the other wjc guys who are suspended are all still ineligible, even those who haven't been implicated of any wrongdoing (or even being in london at time the alleged assault occurred). i hope for everyone's sake that the trial will have been completed by then and any guilty parties will be held accountable, but that the cloud that hangs over the remaining members of that team will be cleared from those who didn't participate in sexual assault.
I'd bank on no Makar or Hart. Hart probably won't be playing in between now and then (unless KHL?). Trial is for 2026. No Makar really hurts to be honest as the big Canada advantage is Makar on D and McD on forward. That is a hell of a 1-2 punch.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So Josi @9 mil isn’t overpaid but Paryanko @6.5 is overpaid being a far better 2way player and a right shot?

Im a diehard leafs fan btw so don’t start by calling me a blues homer but from a leafs POV I can’t even begin to describe how much Paryanko would transform the leafs.

I don't see where I said over paid anywhere, or even mentioned Josi's name.

Parayko is a guy the blues drafted, developed and have in thier best pairing with leddy. Hes 30 and in his prime for next 3 4 years. He makes 6.5 and is locked in till 36. Why would they trade him.

Totally. 100% Fits the team. Parayko can retire in St. Louis. All good.

Reactions: Robtom18

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I'd bank on no Makar or Hart. Hart probably won't be playing in between now and then (unless KHL?). Trial is for 2026. No Makar really hurts to be honest as the big Canada advantage is Makar on D and McD on forward. That is a hell of a 1-2 punch.
You could bank on Hart never playing in the NHL ever again. There's absolutely zero chance of Hart representing his country even if he wasn't found guilty. You can bet you house on it

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I don't see where I said over paid anywhere, or even mentioned Josi's name.

Totally. 100% Fits the team. Parayko can retire in St. Louis. All good.
“Signed for to long and for to much” the to long imo is the dumbest part of the statement as the oilers are win now mode and cap hell 6 years from now shouldn’t matter.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
“Signed for to long and for to much” the to long imo is the dumbest part of the statement as the oilers are win now mode and cap hell 6 years from now shouldn’t matter.

To a child perhaps. Someone who can't see anything that isn't directly in front of them. The Oilers have to be careful with any long term contracts coming in. They need an unknown amount of cap space to sign McDavid, Bouchard, and Draisaitl in the next couple of years. Too many long term contracts with no trade clauses (or modified NTCs) exist on this team.

Think they can move someone out making $5+ Million? Every forward with a contract like that has a NMC or a M-NTC. All of them. Not an easy to do as a result. Want to move a defenseman? Only Ekholm has a big contract without a clause and no one wants him moved. Nurse? He has term, high AAV *and* a NTC. He isn't going anywhere.

Goalies? Like Jack Campbell? Next to impossible to move these days.

Do you see where I am coming from? The Oilers can only acquire pending UFAs or short term contracts until they know what is happening with their stars.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
To a child perhaps. Someone who can't see anything that isn't directly in front of them. The Oilers have to be careful with any long term contracts coming in. They need an unknown amount of cap space to sign McDavid, Bouchard, and Draisaitl in the next couple of years. Too many long term contracts with no trade clauses (or modified NTCs) exist on this team.

Think they can move someone out making $5+ Million? Every forward with a contract like that has a NMC or a M-NTC. All of them. Not an easy to do as a result. Want to move a defenseman? Only Ekholm has a big contract without a clause and no one wants him moved. Nurse? He has term, high AAV *and* a NTC. He isn't going anywhere.

Goalies? Like Jack Campbell? Next to impossible to move these days.

Do you see where I am coming from? The Oilers can only acquire pending UFAs or short term contracts until they know what is happening with their stars.
The caps going up dude 6.5 million is nothing. Once the cap is at 100 million then Campbell won’t be hard to move either. Obviously will cost abit.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Well lets address this situation.
1) Parayko is not for sale.
2) you dont have the assets blues need in return.
1st and bad prospects dont move the needle.

If parayko was to be moved it would cost a top defensive prosepct a top forward prospect a first round pick +. #1rhd are not cheap
The oilers just dont have what the blues need and we are not taking cap dumps longer than a year. Sorry

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Well lets address this situation.
1) Parayko is not for sale.
2) you dont have the assets blues need in return.
1st and bad prospects dont move the needle.

If parayko was to be moved it would cost a top defensive prosepct a top forward prospect a first round pick +. #1rhd are not cheap
The oilers just dont have what the blues need and we are not taking cap dumps longer than a year. Sorry
Yet you felt the need to start a Parayko thread based off of an Eklund rumor this week?

The Oilers have plenty of assets that could convince St Louis to trade him there. Because Parayko has trade protection and the Blues would have minimal leverage in any deal including him.

He's a 30+ D with concerns about his back and many years of high risk term left on his deal. The price would probably be half of what you're suggesting based on past comparables.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Yet you felt the need to start a Parayko thread based off of an Eklund rumor this week?

The Oilers have plenty of assets that could convince St Louis to trade him there. Because Parayko has trade protection and the Blues would have minimal leverage in any deal including him.

He's a 30+ D with concerns about his back and many years of high risk term left on his deal. The price would probably be half of what you're suggesting based on past comparables.
I just posted what some sports writer wrote. Moreso to get feed back on how idiotic it was. So what.

Also armstrong has comeout and said that you build around parayko thomas kyrou type players. Are other teams calling about him of course. But unless you make an offer which armstrong cant refuse he isnt trading him. He loves it here we love him and managment loves him

No you dont have the assets we need. Your d prospect pool is weak your forward prospect pool is weak. A late first means nothing. We dont need or want broberg holloway or whatever you are offering.

Finally parayko has played 93 percent of all the games since being a blue. He missed some due to one injury, one injury. This makes him a question mark lmfao so i guess connor is a injury prone player.

Look parayko is not for sale. If you think you are getting a #1rhd with term and a good cap hit who is In his prime for 💩 cap dump you are looney tunes brah. Lmfao

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Except, Parayko is not available unless there is a ridiculous overpayment. Blues have all the leverage because they own the player.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Except, Parayko is not available unless there is a ridiculous overpayment. Blues have all the leverage because they own the player.
They just dont seem to understand how things work. I love how they want him so bad yet offer 💩 and say he is damaged goods. If is so over paid, if he is so injury prone, if he is just an average dman.....then why do we have hundreds upon hundred of threads every year at trade deadline and suring the offseason. Lol

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't dispute that he's not available at this point. The Blues are still in the playoff picture. But the rumors out there are based on them falling out of it and determining where the team decides to go from there.

A two or three year retool would put Parayko at 33 or 34 years old. There's a lot of risk suggesting that he's a guy you 'build around'. A bad stretch and his contract turns toxic. There's a reason why his name gets thrown out there.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't dispute that he's not available at this point. The Blues are still in the playoff picture. But the rumors out there are based on them falling out of it and determining where the team decides to go from there.

A two or three year retool would put Parayko at 33 or 34 years old. There's a lot of risk suggesting that he's a guy you 'build around'. A bad stretch and his contract turns toxic. There's a reason why his name gets thrown out there.
Unless an offer is a ridiculous overpayment, they have no need to trade Parayko. He is cost controlled and on a good contract. They can retool trading other players if they desire.

I don't recall Parako asking for a trade.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Unless an offer is a ridiculous overpayment, they have no need to trade Parayko. He is cost controlled and on a good contract. They can retool trading other players if they desire.

I don't recall Parako asking for a trade.
The problem with that, specifically when it relates to their veterans, is that none of their players have much redeemable value. Schenn, Hayes, Saad, Krug, Faulk... Where's the market for them? Even Leddy is questionable.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

In 8 full seasons, Parayko has played exactly 88% of possible games. He had one year of playing 32 games when he actually had back issues.

The last 3 years, including this season, he’s missed a total of 5 games.

This entire narrative from fans that he’s somehow a huge risk due to a back injury is a farce. The guy is as healthy as any NHL player.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The problem with that, specifically when it relates to their veterans, is that none of their players have much redeemable value. Schenn, Hayes, Saad, Krug, Faulk... Where's the market for them? Even Leddy is questionable.
Plenty of value for those guys with retention. Next season they can consider that. If the Habs can get a 1st for Monahan, the Blues can get a haul for Schenn in particular. You are being very dismissive for the sole purpose of creating a fake scenario for trading Parayko.

Get over it - they won't trade him this year. Next year will be a new season.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Plenty of value for those guys with retention. Next season they can consider that. If the Habs can get a 1st for Monahan, the Blues can get a haul for Schenn in particular. You are being very dismissive for the sole purpose of creating a fake scenario for trading Parayko.

Get over it - they won't trade him this year. Next year will be a new season.
The Habs received a 1st because Winnipeg chose to jump the market on centers partially because they were concerned about players not willing to waive. It's not a remotely similar scenario to Schenn, who has five years remaining on a $6.5m AAV deal.

The term remaining on those players is what kills the likelihood any of them would have a strong market. It also minimizes the likelihood of retention.

I don't know what part you missed, but I'm not overly concerned about Parayko not moving this year. I literally stated that in the post you quoted. Just explaining the logic behind all those Parayko mentions in the rumor mill every year.

In 8 full seasons, Parayko has played exactly 88% of possible games. He had one year of playing 32 games when he actually had back issues.

This entire narrative from fans that he’s somehow a huge risk due to a back injury is a farce. The guy is as healthy as any NHL player.
Maybe. Adam Larsson had similar concerns. I would consider him to be high risk, too. A back injury is completely debilitating.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The Habs received a 1st because Winnipeg chose to jump the market on centers partially because they were concerned about players not willing to waive. It's not a remotely similar scenario to Schenn, who has five years remaining on a $6.5m AAV deal.

The term remaining on those players is what kills the likelihood any of them would have a strong market. It also minimizes the likelihood of retention.

I don't know what part you missed, but I'm not overly concerned about Parayko not moving this year. I literally stated that in the post you quoted. Just explaining the logic behind all those Parayko mentions in the rumor mill every year.
Parayko has 6 years after this. The term apparently kills Parayko's value too? Then in that case they hold onto him. St. Louis has zero need to trade Parayko. Period.

You are in denial.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

Did you account or the shorten season?

We have dvorsky snuggerud lindsteen stenberg bolduc and dean coming up jake neighbors is a rising star. We also have binner hofer and zhernko. Blues are fine and we have capnrising available money and can get a free agent
This narrative is just bad.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Parayko has 6 years after this. The term apparently kills Parayko's value too? Then in that case they hold onto him. St. Louis has zero need to trade Parayko. Period.

You are in denial.
Parayko's play this year is the only thing that redeemed his value. Had they traded him in the offseason after the year he had, they would've gotten nothing for him. They would've had to take back bad money and they would've gotten the Karlsson return. It would've meant a Blues retool at that very point.

The term left on his deal elevates his value over what it would be if he were a rental. But it also complicates it, like any trade, because the only teams that are trading for him require cap assistance. Competitive teams are all at the cap ceiling.

Just like how I responded to your mention of the Monahan trade, trades have their own specific context. Parayko's has a lot to do with St Louis' future plans. If they decide to retool, the odds of a Parayko trade increases substantially. Because it doesn't make sense to build a roster around a defenseman in his mid-30s. It's incredibly risky.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Parayko's play this year is the only thing that redeemed his value. Had they traded him in the offseason after the year he had, they would've gotten nothing for him. They would've had to take back bad money and they would've gotten the Karlsson return. It would've meant a Blues retool at that very point.

The term left on his deal elevates his value over what it would be if he were a rental. But it also complicates it, like any trade, because the only teams that are trading for him require cap assistance. Competitive teams are all at the cap ceiling.

Just like how I responded to your mention of the Monahan trade, trades have their own specific context. Parayko's has a lot to do with St Louis' future plans. If they decide to retool, the odds of a Parayko trade increases substantially. Because it doesn't make sense to build a roster around a defenseman in his mid-30s. It's incredibly risky.
He's not available. What part of that is giving you trouble? LOL

There is no basis for a Parayko trade because he's not available. Blues do not have to trade him.

Reactions: Draiskull

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's not available. What part of that is giving you trouble? LOL

There is no basis for a Parayko trade because he's not available. Blues do not have to trade him.
What part of the post you quoted suggested that he is available. Can you read?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad