Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
in that case nothing wrong with keeping Parayko. I didnt realize STL was further along
We are bolduc is being called up now. Snuggerud will be here at end of college.(per army) and dvorsky is tearing up the ohl. He could be here soon as well. Dean is starting to turn the corner. We have stenberg and lindstein progressing in shl. We need a young good two way lhd. Also neighbors is having a 20+ goal season.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
I agree and have argue until I was blue in the face with other Oiler fans. The most used one is his bad back and yet he has played most of his games. I would pay a lot to have him on the Oilers. a top 4 of

Nurse Parayko
Ekholm Bouchard
Broberg Vinny

Is a solid group of D

I took out Kulak and put Broberg in as it opens up the cap needed and with a stronger top 4 you can shelter the bottom pairing. Doesn't matter tho as It is clear the Blues have no interest in trading him. Maybe if they decide to rebuild but I doubt that will happen.

I'm sure we would be if the price is right. The Blues are not contending for at least the next 2-3 years, so if a large amount of assets can be had, I"m sure Armstrong will listen.

But it seems that most Oilers fans are not willing to offer anything of substance (not referring to you). So there isn't much point in continuing the thread.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We are bolduc is being called up now. Snuggerud will be here at end of college.(per army) and dvorsky is tearing up the ohl. He could be here soon as well. Dean is starting to turn the corner. We have stenberg and lindstein progressing in shl. We need a young good two way lhd. Also neighbors is having a 20+ goal season.
You do realize it’s likely 2-3 years before most of these guys are impactful? I don’t see us trading Parayko at this point, because of how much he means to us and not wanting to tank, but when you keep overhyping all our kids you lose credibility.

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
You do realize it’s likely 2-3 years before most of these guys are impactful? I don’t see us trading Parayko at this point, because of how much he means to us and not wanting to tank, but when you keep overhyping all our kids you lose credibility.
Right? No one, not even Neighbours himself, saw Neighbours being a 20 goal scorer. Parayko is too useful to the Blues to just move. His contract isn't even an issue with the amount of cap space the Blues will have coming up. 6'6" RHD who skate well don't grow on trees lol

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
You do realize it’s likely 2-3 years before most Uof these guys are impactful? I don’t see us trading Parayko at this point, because of how much he means to us and not wanting to tank, but when you keep overhyping all our kids you lose credibility.6
How am i over hyping. I am teying to explain we have a steady flow pf players coming. Armstrong had already stated that we will see snuggy fresh as soon as the college season. Its clear dvorsky will make team next year. Bolduc is already getting his taste. Lindstein and stenberg are most likely 1 or even 2 away. I get that. Dean has been imoroving 1 or two years away. Its my opinion. I perfectly understand if you disagree. Now if we were to trade parayko and get a haul. None would be ready for at min 3 years. I have a feeling parayko will be like a chara and play well into 38 39

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How am i over hyping. I am teying to explain we have a steady flow pf players coming. Armstrong had already stated that we will see snuggy fresh as soon as the college season. Its clear dvorsky will make team next year. Bolduc is already getting his taste. Lindstein and stenberg are most likely 1 or even 2 away. I get that. Dean has been imoroving 1 or two years away. It’s my opinion. I perfectly understand if you disagree. Now if we were to trade parayko and get a haul. None would be ready for at min 3 years. I have a feeling parayko will be like a chara and play well into 38 39
We have nice prospect pool but not like we have a bunch of certain stars ready to burst on scene. When guys make debut and when they are quality top 6 players are big difference. Neighbours broke in 2 years ago; this is first season he is good player. So maybe your timeline for when those guys arrive is accurate. But even so, not all will hit. And for those that do may take a few years. And our middle 6 right now is pretty mid. We are still in asset accumulation mode. We need more good players, and dealing top vets is part of that.

Now parayko (along with Thomas) seems to be key piece they want to keep and build around, but it’s at least 2 more years and likely longer before we are legit contenders. So while I don’t think we want to deal him, i don’t think we are in position to say he won’t be traded no way no how. But it would take a haul that likely wouldn’t make sense for oilers to pay. But let’s not pretend we are about to be great in year or 2 bc we have some nice prospects.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
We have nice prospect pool but not like we have a bunch of certain stars ready to burst on scene. When guys make debut and when they are quality top 6 players are big difference. Neighbours broke in 2 years ago; this is first season he is good player. So maybe your timeline for when those guys arrive is accurate. But even so, not all will hit. And for those that do may take a few years. And our middle 6 right now is pretty mid. We are still in asset accumulation mode. We need more good players, and dealing top vets is part of that.

Now parayko (along with Thomas) seems to be key piece they want to keep and build around, but it’s at least 2 more years and likely longer before we are legit contenders. So while I don’t think we want to deal him, i don’t think we are in position to say he won’t be traded no way no how. But it would take a haul that likely wouldn’t make sense for oilers to pay. But let’s not pretend we are about to be great in year or 2 bc we have some nice prospects.
I dont think we will be great but competitive. I think being competitive when young guys are coming up is key.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad