Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ToastedRavioli

Jun 29, 2023
I'm sorry but this narrative that Colton Parayko is injury prone might be the most brain-dead thing I have seen on this forum in awhile.

Here is Parayko's GP per season in his career:
79/82
81/82
82/82
80/82
64/71
32/56
80/82
79/82
55/55

Parayko has missed a total of 5 games over the past 219 games and only missed 42 games out of 674 games during his career. Labeling him injury prone because of four seasons ago where he missed 24 games is insane.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Gryzzlyk and Forbert could be available
Soooo two crap old dmen...sounds amazing.

I'm sorry but this narrative that Colton Parayko is injury prone might be the most brain-dead thing I have seen on this forum in awhile.

Here is Parayko's GP per season in his career:
79/82
81/82
82/82
80/82
64/71
32/56
80/82
79/82
55/55

Parayko has missed a total of 5 games over the past 219 games and only missed 42 games out of 674 games during his career. Labeling him injury prone because of four seasons ago where he missed 24 games is insane.

Yeah i dont get the narrative either.

Reactions: bert

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Yes i do. We have insiders like jeremy rutherford, john kelly, chris kerber and even armstrong himself that have all stated that they are not trading parayko. He is going to be a corner stone of the blues. I listen to 101.1 espn every day. So yes i do know. Its you whom has no effing clue.

I see where your unearned confidence comes from now. JR is in the org's doghouse because of the Tarasenko trade request debacle and the other 3 are employed by the team. They're not going to tip the hand of the organization.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Bouchards' value is higher right now, IMO.

Only way to know how most think around here is to start a poll. :)
Well then there is nothing worth offerkng that entices the blues.

S
I see where your unearned confidence comes from now. JR is in the org's doghouse because of the Tarasenko trade request debacle and the other 3 are employed by the team. They're not going to tip the hand of the organization.
So what about armstrong saying we are building around him. Look follow what ever narrative you want but this has been going since parayko broke onto blues. All these insiders (that have nothing to do with blues) say paraykos name keeps coming up yet he is never traded. Feel free to elaborate.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
- complains about terrible proposals all thread long

- 300 posts in, makes the worst proposal of the thread.

Congrats, takes tremendous dedication!
So you dont like my bad offer. But drais is gonna be overpaid and is injury prone. Drais cant win a cup in edm. He is free agent and wants to move closer to germany lol

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So you dont like my bad offer. But drais is gonna be overpaid and is injury prone. Drais cant win a cup in edm. He is free agent and wants to move closer to germany lol
News flash - nobody here accepts offers.

Hmmm how about we keep parayko and give you a 4th for drais....and mcdavid
This is the type of post that destroys discussions. Congratulations.

Reactions: bert and capazzo

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
- complains about terrible proposals all thread long

- 300 posts in, makes the worst proposal of the thread.

Congrats, takes tremendous dedication!

Not to defend him, because I'm not really fond of Colt55's style of posting, but he was probably referencing to post #286

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
He had one freaking injury he has played 90% of all games. Please explain to me injury prone. If one injury is injury prone then every single nhl player would be injury prone. Please do your home work.
First off, as a Blues fan, CP55 and Thomas are my absolute favorites, so not sure if you think I am trying to break the guy down.
Simply put, if the Blues where completely rebuilding this team, CP55 along with Binner, are likely the two players that would yield the biggest return.

However they are not in a complete rebuild.

However, you start talking about back injuries then they are more then likely going to return.
CP was listed on the Blues medical report in, January 2020, Feb 2020, Jan 2021, Feb 2021, April 2021, November 2022, and January 2022, Feb 2022, all with the same issue.
I understand it is essentially the same issue, and what ever or however the medical staff is treating, managing, or rehabbing the issue/pain seems to be working, but for how long? No one has that answer.
What we do know is CP is a tough dude who rarely misses games and admitted to playing nearly 2 seasons with this issue.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
T

The discussion has been mute for sometime now. Parayko is just not for sale. The team is building around him. He can not be replaced and the offer drom oiler fans put the blues in a huge hole with out any available replacement in the pipeline. This isnt rocket scienece. Also all blues insiders including the gm armstrong have all said that he isnt going anywhere. Oilers fans clearly do not want to include bouchard in the trade and do not have any prospects that are big rhd to replace parayko in the future.

So please explain to me how this is going to be beneficial. How does this help the blues.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
The offers made for parayko do not address blues needs they do not help in any way. 1sts from edm would be in 28 to 32 range. That doesnt help. Broberg doesnt help. Blues have better quality forward propsects so holloway bourgault ect do not help. Hyman is a product of mcdavid, doesnt help. There are so many more teams that blues could benifit from. Just realize oilers do not have what blues need.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Thats the point. Blues fans don't want this discussion just like Oilers fans don't want Draisaitl or Bouchard trade discussions.

Chances of Oilers trading Bouchard or Draisaitl in the offseason are higher than Blues trading Parayko. If Bouchard wants Nurse money and Draisaitl more than Matthews then Oilers may not be keeping both and Parayko at 6.5M would look very attractive

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Not an adult in sight.
There hasnt been a legit conversation in years inregards to parayko. All indications point to blues building around him. They have never put him on the market and parayko has never said anything other than he wants to play his entire career for blues. Yet we get this same thread every tradedeadline and every offseason. Oilers do not have anything the blues want or need for parayko. Bouchard and drais. Thats it and as should be they are off the table just like parayko. Unfortunately edm fans are just in denial.

Reactions: finnishflash13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad