Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The Blue's fans on here should really go to the international thread and tell the Canadian posters about Parayko. About 20 different rosters named and Parayko didn't make one Team Canada fantasy roster. Bouch made a few. Nurse made one. Pietrangelo made most of them.

Curious how it'd go when cap isn't an issue and every player is available.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I don't think St. Louis would trade Parayko while they are battling for a playoff spot. That seems like more of an offseason move if they decide to retool with assets.

To be honest, even if the Blues decide to extend the retool, Parayko and Thomas are probably the only first team players that are untouchable. Only way I can see Army move Parayko is if, for some reason, he's forced to do a scorched earth rebuild.

Wait, what? So there's two of you?! ;)

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The Blue's fans on here should really go to the international thread and tell the Canadian posters about Parayko. About 20 different rosters named and Parayko didn't make one Team Canada fantasy roster. Bouch made a few. Nurse made one. Pietrangelo made most of them.

Why?

Who cares where Parayko ranks on somebodies team Canada fantasy roster, it's completely irrelevant when discussing why Blues' fans have no desire to trade him. He's the best we have currently and that's the only context that matters from where we're sitting.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Why?

Who cares where Parayko ranks on somebodies team Canada fantasy roster, it's completely irrelevant when discussing why Blues' fans have no desire to trade him. He's the best we have currently and that's the only context that matters from where we're sitting.
For perspective.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Also bouchard is an edm player. I bet those fantasy teams are heavy on edm mtl vnc tor players. Parayko is better than bouchard.
They don't have the same job.

Edm fans don't want parayko to replace what bouchard does lol we want ekholm number 2 and still have bouchard as our pp1

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
For perspective.

And what perspective would that be? That Parayko isn't winning popularity contests on somebodies subjective vision of what team Canada's blueline should look like? Ok cool, but it doesn't matter because it's irrelevant when discussing whether the Blues(or specifically their fans in this case) would be interested in trading him or not. What does it matter where he places on some arbitrary ranking when he's the Blues unquestioned No1?

For Blues fans the only perspective that matters is how his absence would negatively impact the on ice product.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
100% I wouldn't want the Oilers to take on that Parayko contract. Asking for Bouchard is asinine.
gotta give to get. so what would be the offer for Parayko?

Its funny all the other teams that have asked about him have been civil. Edm and leafs fans feel like its our duty to give them our best dman for penuts and like it. Also they tend to degrade him first then say tale what we offer.
rather leafs not spend a single asset to try and improve this roster. too many years of that already.
although Knies + 1st + Niemela seems like a decent offer. one that I wouldnt offer

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

rather leafs not spend a single asset to try and improve this roster. too many years of that already.
although Knies + 1st + Niemela seems like a decent offer. one that I wouldnt offer
Yeah that was an offer i wouldnt like but wouldnt hate.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah that was an offer i wouldnt like but wouldnt hate.
if that was the offer I could honestly see STL reject and then TOR throw like a mid-late pick in as a kicker to get it done.

I really hope there's no bandaid fixes from the Leafs. when you have to score 5-6 goals to win a simple regular season game. Parayko wont be enough to make a difference. instead likely just put more and more pressure on him and he will either do too much and be ineffective or just simple not be enough

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
if that was the offer I could honestly see STL reject and then TOR throw like a mid-late pick in as a kicker to get it done.

I really hope there's no bandaid fixes from the Leafs. when you have to score 5-6 goals to win a simple regular season game. Parayko wont be enough to make a difference. instead likely just put more and more pressure on him and he will either do too much and be ineffective or just simple not be enough
Honestly he would bring stability to morgan riley. They actually played together in world torunement for team north america and they were amazing together. Parayko plays 24 to 27 mins a night. He stops teams best players. He has leddy as his partner. Upgrade his partner like it was when jaybo was still playing and you have the best two way shut down pair in the game.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Do you really need a 30 minute shut down Dman in the Olympics with the roster Canada will have? If they end up needing Parayko's shut down defense they deserve to lose.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Honestly he would bring stability to morgan riley. They actually played together in world torunement for team north america and they were amazing together. Parayko plays 24 to 27 mins a night. He stops teams best players. He has leddy as his partner. Upgrade his partner like it was when jaybo was still playing and you have the best two way shut down pair in the game.
yeah and the rest of our team is trash. no cap no picks and limited prospects to offer of value to other teams. are you really okay with letting go of 1 or 2 of our top prospects and likely more on top?

this team doesn't deserve to be buyers.

Ive seen this play before and it took 10-15 years to right the ship after a few short years.

I would also argue we need a goalie more than a Dman, also should have never let Schenn walk to just sign Klingberg who was the complete opposite type of guy we needed.

honestly what we need to do is break this core apart. any move we make doesnt matter. the results will be the same over and over again with this core. they Just dont care in the playoffs.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I can't think of a trade that works for both teams. The Oilers have to be very careful with any long term contract coming in. They have too much money tied up long term as it is, and with major contracts on the horizon I can't see them being able to make room for Parayko until 2030.

Parayko will make another team very happy if the Blues do decide to move him.

Bouchard is a guy the Oilers drafted, developed, and have in their best pairing with Ekholm. He's 24 and signed for another year at $3.9 Million. Why would they trade him?

Reactions: Czechboy

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I can't think of a trade that works for both teams. The Oilers have to be very careful with any long term contract coming in. They have too much money tied up long term as it is, and with major contracts on the horizon I can't see them being able to make room for Parayko until 2030.

Parayko will make another team very happy if the Blues do decide to move him.

Bouchard is a guy the Oilers drafted, developed, and have in their best pairing with Ekholm. He's 24 and signed for another year at $3.9 Million. Why would they trade him?

Parayko is a guy the blues drafted, developed and have in thier best pairing with leddy. Hes 30 and in his prime for next 3 4 years. He makes 6.5 and is locked in till 36. Why would they trade him.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I’m not sure Parayko would be as important to a national team. He wouldn’t be forced into a situation where he is the only defenseman capable of stopping an onslaught.

I also, however beleive I guy like Bouchard would be viewed the same way.

Armstrong has also stated multiple times this season in interviews that Parayko has continually been heavily considered for team Canada. He would know given his position.

Pietrangelo should make all. Along with Theodore.

Reactions: Czechboy

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It's Canadian posters posting about their Olympic team. I doubt they care where the player plays. They want gold and currently the US has a deeper squad.
if canada wants gold in 26, no way should they have bouchard ahead of parayko. makar obviously. likely one or both of the older guys (doughty and petro) too. dobson i could see. weegar or hamilton even. but bouchard? fans of other teams gonna be licking their chops.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
if canada wants gold in 26, no way should they have bouchard ahead of parayko. makar obviously. likely one or both of the older guys (doughty and petro) too. dobson i could see. weegar or hamilton even. but bouchard? fans of other teams gonna be licking their chops.
Don't think Makar is allowed to represent Canada ..
Also 26 is long ways away.. I don't think Doughty, Crosby, Pietro etc will be making that roster.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Don't think Makar is allowed to represent Canada ..
Also 26 is long ways away.. I don't think Doughty, Crosby, Pietro etc will be making that roster.
canada's chances will be severely weakened if makar and the other wjc guys who are suspended are all still ineligible, even those who haven't been implicated of any wrongdoing (or even being in london at time the alleged assault occurred). i hope for everyone's sake that the trial will have been completed by then and any guilty parties will be held accountable, but that the cloud that hangs over the remaining members of that team will be cleared from those who didn't participate in sexual assault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad