Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Doesn't matter what Blues fans think. The owners (15 of them I believe) is paying the bills and if they decides they aren't going contend for the next 3 or 4 years they may want to move him. Having said that there is no indication that the St Louis Blue are doing this. Point is it is all speculation as 90% of the posting on HF boards are fantasy postings. Just like my take or your take. I would pay a lot for Parayko and I do not buy his age argument. With the cap on the rise again 6.5 maybe be a number that #5 D are making in the near future.

It is a discussion forum about potential trades. If it doesn't matter what Blues fans think, go fantasize about getting Parayko for a busted prospect and a late first in the Edmonton forum. Or if you want a website for hypothetical fan fiction where you can write weird fantasy scenarios that the Blues can't afford $6.5M dollars and the league bars them from trading with any team except Edmonton, go find that site. But when every single person who follows the team religiously says he isn't for sale except for over-payment, there is nothing to be gained by continually asking if its possible he'll be traded for scraps.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Take it as a compliment that Oilers fans keep wanting him.

Obviously it doesn't make much sense give the Blues are in a playoff spot and arguably the last defenceman they should move.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Take it as a compliment that Oilers fans keep wanting him.

Obviously it doesn't make much sense give the Blues are in a playoff spot and arguably the last defenceman they should move.
It is a compliment. Then it becomes ridiculous when they belittle him and make sht offers. Wash rinse repeat. Gets old.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
I wouldn't do it for anything less than 3 1st round picks (or prospect equivalents).

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm down for it if it's a big enough upgrade. Certainly wouldn't have done the 1st+ for Monahan or put together a package given for a rental Lindholm.

If we move a 1st + prospect + it's likely for a rental like Jake Guentzel. Mixed feelings on if we do that. The cost will he high and we have zero chance of signing him due to cap constraints. Now if it's for a top pairing RD upgrade like pending UFA Pesce, I'd be all for going all in on him. Obviously a ton of teams would be EI Toronto. Also I can't see Carolina not keeping him even as their own "rental" even if they lose him as a UFA later.

I have a feeling Holland will add a top 9 forward and a depth D. Thinking guys on teams that will be out of the playoff picture with pending UFA's I think it's a matter of time before we start hearing Mantha's name.... lower acquisition cost, rental aka no long term cap issues, former Red Wing, Capitals or a 3rd team to work out needed retention. In theory a very plausible move.
I think the Oilers should be going all in. A few RIGHT tweaks could be the difference on wining the cup. No matter what we think of their fans the Oilers have really picked it up.
With Parayko i just don't see how the Oilers get past the cap.
Just imagine Parayko on the Oilers. What a boost.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Parayko is a guy who probably was overrated at one point but is now, generally speaking, pretty underrated. His contract is absolutely fine and if anything is already starting to age well.

He does so damn much on that Blues blueline to hold the fort. No, he’s not Pie and perhaps in retrospect expecting him to be that level of Norris caliber defenseman was not reasonable. The overall offensive playmaking ability just never materialized. But he’s got a killer shot still (tied 8th among all blueliners in ES goals with 7) and he’s a 6-6 giant with solid mobility for his size who can absorb 25 of the hardest matchup minutes per night for anybody.

He’s perhaps not a true #1 in that he’s not going to go out there and orchestrate your PP1…but he’s certainly a top of your blueline beast still.

There’s little reason for the Blues to entertain any offers that don’t include a locked and loaded top of the line blue chip prospect or young player coming back.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There are currently four teams in the entire NHL who could fit his contract in without having to move salary in one way or another.

When a player has significant term remaining on their deal, it's generally considered risky when it extends into a period of time where a players productivity generally drops off.

The example I gave has nothing to do with the Edmonton Oilers. It mentions an example from the market.

If the Blues stance on Parayko was so certain, why is he always in the rumor mill?
His names comes up in rumor mills so much is ,
People like to throw his name out there just to get hits.
And to add Parayko would be the exact type of player a contender would love to add,

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Parayko is a guy who probably was overrated at one point but is now, generally speaking, pretty underrated. His contract is absolutely fine and if anything is already starting to age well.

He does so damn much on that Blues blueline to hold the fort. No, he’s not Pie and perhaps in retrospect expecting him to be that level of Norris caliber defenseman was not reasonable. The overall offensive playmaking ability just never materialized. But he’s got a killer shot still (tied 8th among all blueliners in ES goals with 7) and he’s a 6-6 giant with solid mobility for his size who can absorb 25 of the hardest matchup minutes per night for anybody.

He’s perhaps not a true #1 in that he’s not going to go out there and orchestrate your PP1…but he’s certainly a top of your blueline beast still.

There’s little reason for the Blues to entertain any offers that don’t include a locked and loaded top of the line blue chip prospect or young player coming back.

I think it’s mainly his first pass never developed that much. But with that he can exit the zone via skating whenever he wants too. Part of that problem also lies on our forwards. But that’s why you don’t see a bigger number of assists. He rarely gets secondaries unless it’s from a shot.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Doesn't matter what Blues fans think. The owners (15 of them I believe) is paying the bills and if they decides they aren't going contend for the next 3 or 4 years they may want to move him. Having said that there is no indication that the St Louis Blue are doing this. Point is it is all speculation as 90% of the posting on HF boards are fantasy postings. Just like my take or your take. I would pay a lot for Parayko and I do not buy his age argument. With the cap on the rise again 6.5 maybe be a number that #5 D are making in the near future.
This is a really dumb but typical argument. "I have no idea what they'll do, which conveniently allows me to include what I want them to do, despite far better informed people telling me the opposite."

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why would the Blues trade a key guy, who isn't a free agent, and the team is in the middle of a fight to be in the playoffs? They also aren't rebuilding.

Same with people thinking the Kings are moving people. Unless they aren't re-signing why would teams who aren't rebuilding and in the playoff mix trade away their players?

Reactions: Mr Positive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad