Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Lol get over your self. There were several bad offers from oilers fans. Dont act wounded when the offers are rejected. This song and dance about parayko has gone on since 2018 and twice a year. Just let it go.

Show your work please. In this thread, I haven't made a single offer or devalued your boy at all. In fact, I've been pretty adamant that the only way a trade like this happens is if Parayko specifically asks for a trade to Edmonton or the Blues decide to go full rebuild. It would then need to be an offseason trade after the Oilers buyout Campbell.

How am I factually wrong here?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I mean, there's probably a small part that's market driven. But I don't think Frank Seravalli is one of those rumor mongers that relies heavily on the Toronto media. He's routinely shown that he's fairly well connected.

From the standpoint of a team that may be poised towards a retool, it would make sense to cash in on the value of a player who doesn't fit the teams age trajectory. And when it comes to a team that may take a step backwards, it's not like that onslaught usage would be rare for a team likely to see significant turnover.

On one side, it makes sense to keep him as a stabilizing vet. And on the other, it makes sense to move him for good value while he's playing at a high level.
I specifically cited how it seemed to "make sense" as a reason, didn't I? Were you able to follow why that's not a good reason?

I'll just go on and say that those of us who disagree with Armstrong generally saw in advance how exactly spectacularly he was screwing up the defense. If he were to trade Parayko for less than an offer that he couldn't refuse, we would be more convinced of this, not less.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You back it up parayko had one bad season aftrr recoverying from a back issue. Scotch tape lmfao. Parayko plays 25+ plays against the best opponets with a weaker partner puts up 30 consitently with out pp time and has played in 91% of all games since he has been a blue. Your attacks on colt have no merit. He isnt available please move along.
I did back it up. Bouchard is younger, plays just as much in the same role on a better team, produces more both overall and at 5v5, doesn't have Parayko's injury history, and he's got many more peak years ahead of him than Parayko does. Bouchard's better in every analytical category you could name, as well. Parayko's taller and more physical. That's it.

You don't want Parayko picked apart, don't post stupid valuations like Bouchard and two firsts. It'll get you laughed at. Being a homer is not proof.

Edmonton would want Parayko to play *behind* Bouchard's pairing on a pairing with Nurse. Not to replace him, not to play ahead of him, behind him.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I specifically cited how it seemed to "make sense" as a reason, didn't I? Were you able to follow why that's not a good reason?

I'll just go on and say that those of us who disagree with Armstrong generally saw in advance how exactly spectacularly he was screwing up the defense. If he were to trade Parayko for less than an offer that he couldn't refuse, we would be more convinced of this, not less.
I did follow your reasoning but I don't really accept that as the be all end all. They don't generally make those kinds of connections without legitimate leads. It makes sense to me that the Blues would consider trading Parayko because it wouldn't take much of a play drop off at any point for the demand for that player to evaporate.

And fair enough. I'm an Oilers fan. Too much time gets wasted playing the GM blame game. It's hard for me to feel bad for you considering you're dealing with the fallout of a Stanley Cup win. Your franchise defenseman chose to sign elsewhere. It's exceptionally tough to pivot from there, I'd imagine.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I did follow your reasoning but I don't really accept that as the be all end all. They don't generally make those kinds of connections without legitimate leads. It makes sense to me that the Blues would consider trading Parayko because it wouldn't take much of a play drop off at any point for the demand for that player to evaporate.

And fair enough. I'm an Oilers fan. Too much time gets wasted playing the GM blame game. It's hard for me to feel bad for you considering you're dealing with the fallout of a Stanley Cup win. Your franchise defenseman chose to sign elsewhere. It's exceptionally tough to pivot from there, I'd imagine.
"Common sense is always right, even when there's a patient explanation otherwise."

That is every bit as fair as our brutal contempt for your offers then. You're basically saying you deserve all the opprobrium we give you. Which we already are aware of too

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
"Common sense is always right, even when there's a patient explanation otherwise."

That is every bit as fair as our brutal contempt for your offers then. You're basically saying you deserve all the opprobrium we give you. Which we already are aware of too
No. There's just an overwhelming amount of historical evidence that teams in that position choose to move their aging veterans before their value diminishes because they are forced to take on a heavy workload on a team that is systemically torn apart.

For that team to get better, it probably needs to get worse.

When it comes to valuation, I think the market comparables are the best way to gauge value. The idea of 'vast overpayment' gets thrown around in these threads. But it almost never happens that way.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
6.5x6 for Parayko is one of the biggest steals in the NHL right now.
But but his back is band aid patched lol. Show me a dman that has played 91% of all games. Thats not injury pron. As soon as facts come out these posters disappers

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
6.5x6 for Parayko is one of the biggest steals in the NHL right now.

Right now he has good value. I never argued this. The Oilers have long term contracts to worry about and can't take on another. When, not if, Parayko drops off due to injury, age , or both, that is a contract the Oilers can't take on.

Look at who they have signed long term and who they have yet to sign long term. They can't afford him with that kind of term.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Right now he has good value. I never argued this. The Oilers have long term contracts to worry about and can't take on another. When, not if, Parayko drops off due to injury, age , or both, that is a contract the Oilers can't take on.

Look at who they have signed long term and who they have yet to sign long term. They can't afford him with that kind of term.
Oilers are in win now mode which is why he Oilers fans post a thread a week targeting Parayko.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
No. There's just an overwhelming amount of historical evidence that teams in that position choose to move their aging veterans before their value diminishes because they are forced to take on a heavy workload on a team that is systemically torn apart.

For that team to get better, it probably needs to get worse.

When it comes to valuation, I think the market comparables are the best way to gauge value. The idea of 'vast overpayment' gets thrown around in these threads. But it almost never happens that way.
Look man the insiders, the coaching the ownership haveb

Totally understandable. Just to make you feel better parayko isnt for sale. We keep him you guys keep your failed prospects and late 1st.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Edm-Colton parayko is broken, held to gether with scotch tape.
Blues- then why do you want him.

Edm- colt parayko isnt a good defender. He isnt a #1rhd.

Blues -he would be your # 1rhd he would play 25+ mins. So if he isnt good why do you want him.

Edm - he gets paid to much and defenders are no good after 34. To much term.

Blues - then why do you want him. Several dman have played well into 40s

Edm - just cant fit him in our cap unless you take crap and heavy term back.

Blues - your cap issues are not blues problems.

Edm - we will give you crap and you will take it.

Blues - gfys parayko is not forsale.

So it appears blues and oilers are not good trade partners. So lets just end it. Walk away and see what happe s.
Maybe this would be easier for you if you understood different individual oiler fans had different individual opinions?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

It’s not a secret Paraykos value won’t get any higher. But it shouldn’t be so hard to reasonably explain that the Blues cannot afford to trade Parayko if they don’t wish to bottom out.

Pair that with what’s the likelihood of what is generally offered (late 1sts/2nds/forward prospects or Broberg) and we have no answer internally to turn it around.

Value is generally not an issue in terms of Parayko which I don’t think is often grasped. Our front office philosophically at this time will not bottom out. It effectively kills any chance for us to compete with Thomas, which outside of the lucky ROR trade is a 1C who is young on a great contract and we haven’t had that in a long long time.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Parayko‘s game will age just fine. He’s big, can skate, not overly physical. He’s just a great shut down defender who can play big minutes against top lines. Too bad the Blues don’t have a very good partner for him. 1LD should be the Blues top priority this off season.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Parayko‘s game will age just fine. He’s big, can skate, not overly physical. He’s just a great shut down defender who can play big minutes against top lines. Too bad the Blues don’t have a very good partner for him. 1LD should be the Blues top priority this off season.
I agree 100%. Thats why think wallinder would be a great grab. I think you have to sacrifice buch for that to happen. With snuggy dvorsky stenberg bolduc and neighbors we have the potential fire power to grow from with in. Plus i am sure in 2 years when we are ready to start contending we could resign him to 4 years.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Evan Bouchard has played 99.5% of Edmonton's games since making the team fulltime
Good for him what about nurse, what about the other dmen you have. Injuries happen. To say they dont is idiotic. To say parayko has a bad back cause of one injury is idiotic..also bouchard has only played 2 full seasons this is his third.

I dont care what weird logic you and edm fans make you want parayko then we expect bouchard. So doa

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good for him what about nurse, what about the other dmen you have. Injuries happen. To say they dont is idiotic. To say parayko has a bad back cause of one injury is idiotic..also bouchard has only played 2 full seasons this is his third.

I dont care what weird logic you and edm fans make you want parayko then we expect bouchard. So doa
I don't want Parayko at all, quite frankly. The term is way too long and his level of play is all over the place.

Nurse has missed all of ~10 games in the last 7 years. He's healthy as a horse.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I don't want Parayko at all, quite frankly. The term is way too long and his level of play is all over the place.

Nurse has missed all of ~10 games in the last 7 years. He's healthy as a horse.
He had one bad year. Stop making bad excuses. To sit here and say dmen dont get injuires is laughable. Does connors injuries make him an injury risk. I am glad you dont want a player who was never on the market anyway.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He had one bad year. Stop making bad excuses. To sit here and say dmen dont get injuires is laughable. Does connors injuries make him an injury risk. I am glad you dont want a player who was never on the market anyway.
You should be happy I don't want Parayko, especially not at the insane valuation you have for him.

McDavid hasn't had a major injury in awhile and came back elite. Parayko missed half a season, then came back okay, then was just plain bad. Big difference.

Reactions: capazzo

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
You should be happy I don't want Parayko, especially not at the insane valuation you have for him.

McDavid hasn't had a major injury in awhile and came back elite. Parayko missed half a season, then came back okay, then was just plain bad. Big difference.
Yeah parayko is doing great this year eith very little help on a bad team. Look you can have the last word. Before i give it to you. Edm fan started this. Gave a sht offer and we gave a sht offer back. I am sorry you are bhurt parayko just isnt forsale. So rather than get upset how bout stop asking for him. You may have not but you have in the past and your fanbase does it not stop every offseason or trade deadline. Lol

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Yeah parayko is doing great this year eith very little help on a bad team. Look you can have the last word. Before i give it to you. Edm fan started this. Gave a sht offer and we gave a sht offer back. I am sorry you are bhurt parayko just isnt forsale. So rather than get upset how bout stop asking for him. You may have not but you have in the past and your fanbase does it not stop every offseason or trade deadline. Lol
Somehow I doubt this.

'This' being you letting someone else have the last word considering you are pretty much the main reason this thread is still alive. Must have close to 50 posts in this thread saying almost the same thing.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB

I really gotta stop taking your bait. But I'll bite one last time...

WHERE IS THE "SHT OFFER" YOU SPEAK OF?

The thread was started as a Value of, mentioned that Ceci would need to go the other way with multiple 1sts and your choice of prospects. There was no actually offer. The first official trade proposal came from you with your out of touch Bouchard and 2 1sts.

Reactions: capazzo

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I really gotta stop taking your bait. But I'll bite one last time...

WHERE IS THE "SHT OFFER" YOU SPEAK OF?

The thread was started as a Value of, mentioned that Ceci would need to go the other way with multiple 1sts and your choice of prospects. There was no actually offer. The first official trade proposal came from you with your out of touch Bouchard and 2 1sts.
Alright.. that was you last time!

Lets let this die now :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad