Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 @ Golden Knights 9 - 6/13/23 - That run was a lot of fun!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you Believe?

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I'm expecting a loss at this point and like a lot of you, have made peace with it. But.. its hard not to have a little bit of hope after being the underdog each round and still coming out on top every time (especially round 1). Either way, as a fan this has been my favourite hockey experience, and im proud of every player on this team. Yes, even the shitters.

Reactions: Vilam and Panteras

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I just want to reiterate I have been here 15 years and "I wish we lost in 5 to Boston instead of 5 in the SCF" is an all time bad take, even for HF. You can be disappointed but cmon now.

I'm expecting a loss at this point and like a lot of you, have made peace with it. But.. its hard not to have a little bit of hope after being the underdog each round and still coming out on top every time (especially round 1). Either way, as a fan this has been my favourite hockey experience, and im proud of every player on this team. Yes, even the shitters.
Maybe it's finally the last game of Staal bros! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if both came back tbh with how weak the market is this year :(

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Yeah I've made peace with Panthers not coming back from this. Although one can hope. Still have not won in Vegas, it has to stop at some point...right? Might as well be now!

Still. It's been a wild ride. I was hoping for playoffs before the season. Was very disappointed with the team over the course of the season. Only to be sucked in at the end and being happy to see them crawl in on the final few days. Any PO hockey is better the none, especially since we have so little draft picks as well and all the experience is always a good thing to have. The fact they made it this far has been so much fun to watch!

And I don't like the mindset of rather loosing in the 1st to Boston then go out like this in the finals. We were not going to win last season, certainly not this season (so I thought). But the fact that they made it here, is only a great thing to build on for future playoffs to come. They are learning what it takes to win rounds. Hopefully some tweaking in the offseason and they could come back with a stronger team next time and go again. It will never be easy, but having them in the POs and fighting to go all the way is really all you can ask for.

Tonight I just want them to pump pucks on net. No darn hesitation, just shoot it! If they block shots, fine...they might even get a injury or two without dirty plays! :naughty: Generate traffic in front of Hill and make it as difficult as you can for them in their own zone. If Panthers loose, at least go down with a proper go at it. I actually do think if they pull it off tonight, Vegas might start to falter a little. Having a game 7 on home ice isn't always the easiest thing, could be a lot of pressure on them, especially if they loose a 3-1 lead.

But as I said, not expecting anything tonight. Win or loose, I'm damn proud of this team! :panthers

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
wish they'd try Reinhart at center, no idea why they never do that. He did well at center in Buffalo.

Lundell-Barkov-Duke
Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk
Lomberg-Reinhart-Cousins
White-Staal-Dalpe

If Tkachuk is hurt and being saved, then rotate Reinhart on second line in his place. Reinhart should be able to play 20 minutes a game. Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk were like one of the best lines in the league at one point and Lundell seems to pick up his play a bit when he's with Barkov, at least initially. The 3rd/4th lines are basically just there to hopefully not get scored on...

Reactions: Beezers Mask

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
wish they'd try Reinhart at center, no idea why they never do that. He did well at center in Buffalo.

Lundell-Barkov-Duke
Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk
Lomberg-Reinhart-Cousins
White-Staal-Dalpe

If Tkachuk is hurt and being saved, then rotate Reinhart on second line in his place. Reinhart should be able to play 20 minutes a game. Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk were like one of the best lines in the league at one point and Lundell seems to pick up his play a bit when he's with Barkov, at least initially. The 3rd/4th lines are basically just there to hopefully not get scored on...

I like these lines a lot, has good center depth and allows Lundell to play on Barky’s wing where he’s looked pretty good.

Reactions: pantherbot

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Tkachuk is going to need one of these tonight if we have any hope of winning

NWE7H2QJUVANZHH7M7OOTZPGWM.jpg

Reactions: FrolikFan67

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I know things look bleak but I’m watching ‘ Locked on Golden Knights and for 30 minutes it’s a non stop what’s going to happen when we win ? How will the Parade be etc etc.
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like it. Personally I think it’s bad luck to expect things before they happen.

Reactions: Great8Cam

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
We have had a ton of bad luck in these playoffs, Vegas has had everything go their way including the officiating. Something has to give. We win tonight come back home and tie the series up. Then it's Game 7 anything can happen....

Reactions: Vilam

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
As others have said; It's June F'ing 13th and we are watching the Panthers play hockey!

This is potentially the last game of the season for the boys. They need to give 100% on every shift. Cannot take one shift off. Shoot the puck! Shoot 80+ times and who knows. As Uncle Denny said many times, the best pass is a shot on goal.

No negativity here tonight! LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Haha I didnt catch that

As others have said; It's June F'ing 13th and we are watching the Panthers play hockey!

This is potentially the last game of the season for the boys. They need to give 100% on every shift. Cannot take one shift off. Shoot the puck! Shoot 80+ times and who knows. As Uncle Denny said many times, the best pass is a shot on goal.

No negativity here tonight! LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!

We got this !! Go Panthers !!

61tk_.jpg

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There is too many of you f***ers out there. But you get the idea.

What a horrible season. Just such an unenjoyable unlikeable team and season......until game 81.

But, you guys made it bearable. Meme squad salute to you guys. It's been fun. But today is our last day to meme.

This team really lacks talent and depth. But, it has MORE heart, toughness, and determination that any team we've had in history save for maybe 1996 I suppose.

Again, just dont make us wait another 56 years to get it here. We should have a better team in October. Lets finish the job next year around the same time...hopefully.

Ekblad. You are fat as f***. Slow as shit. And just so stiff and unathletic. Get your fat blob ass in the gym and train. Be better next year. Lay off the carbs and the buffet for once in your fat life.

Let us all watch and experience this team of dogs put up their final fight and try to have some semblance of fun even though it will hurt.

1686675655943.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad