Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 @ Golden Knights 9 - 6/13/23 - That run was a lot of fun!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you Believe?

• Total voters

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I hope they let somebody not named Smith take the spot if open.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'm not feeling the "this was a great run" thing. I guess it depends on your age and how long you've been following the team. After 30 years of existence... nah. It's good to go deep in the playoffs, but it's not enough at this point. I'm going to be blunt. I don't know how much longer I have left. I don't have time for moral victories.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
I'm not feeling the "this was a great run" thing. I guess it depends on your age and how long you've been following the team. After 30 years of existence... nah. It's good to go deep in the playoffs, but it's not enough at this point. I'm going to be blunt. I don't know how much longer I have left. I don't have time for moral victories.

With this squad, could you have asked for much more though? We’re at least now starting to make buzz and make actual leaps and knocking on the door for a few consistent years in a row. Something we did not do at all since 96 until Zito got here. The future looks bright at least in theory, we actually have stuff to be excited and look forward to. We have arguably the face of the NHl, next to McDavid, playing for us. And this off-season Zito has money burning a hole in his pocket. We’re actually a desired destination now too. There’s so many positives to take away from this run. If anything, contrary to how you’re feeling, this should rejuvenate anyone that was giving up…

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Imagine being a Leafs fan. If they can still keep going after all the years of futility, so can we

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Just got a bad feeling that this game will get out of hand real quick. Hopefully im wrong!

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Can't say I'm optimistic at this point. But if we can steal one in Vegas, we'll get to bring it home for an opportunity to force a game 7. Then you never know.

Either way, there's so much to be proud of in the big picture. We won a huge round 1 against all odds vs Boston. We beat Toronto. We won a conference finals vs Carolina. That's nothing to scoff at. It really sucks that losing in the finals seems to hurt worse than maybe not making the playoffs at all or losing "like we were supposed to" in rd. 1. But that's the way it has to be. We fought our way here and we're going to have Barkov, Tkachuk, Lundell, Luosty, Forsling, Montour, Knight as a sick core for a long time (if Zito chooses). We're in really good shape right now to truly be a perennial contender with this group and we'll only get stronger as our cap situation improves (Yandle, Horny, Bob, Ekblad maybe..).

And of course, don't forget that Tampa lost in their first trip to the finals in 2015. We're going to get some more cracks at this.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
IMG_20230612_172821.jpg

Right on time, only two weeks late.. 🤣 paid premium to get faster shipping, it took only 3 weeks. Sigh. Quality seems okay though.

Nobody believing us right now, so it's time to shine once more, eh?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

I get it, been with this team since the beginning. I just focus on the ride more than the destination. Only one team a year is going to win the ultimate prize. There's 32 teams. If winning a Cup is all that's going to make you happy as a fan, there's going to be a lot of miserable years...

And again, I get our circumstances and all the shitty years we've endured already, but that's got no influence on our Cup chances going forward. If it's only Cup or bust, you're going to be miserable.

It's like the Hall of Fame, they basically used to only let players in if they've won a Cup, but that's no longer the case. The league has a lot of parity and there's 32 teams. Lots of great efforts and stories even without a Cup. In two years now you've had a President's Trophy run and a Cup Finals run, that's pretty cool.

Loser talk yada yada...I get it. Hope you can stick with it because I think things are just getting better. This franchise has never been in a better spot.

Reactions: Vilam

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I still feel good about this year. Upsetting 3 teams along the way, with a 11-1 run during a part of the EC playoffs was great.

If this team was the Presidents trophy team with depth like Mason March, Giroux, etc still on the team it would hurt a bit more but honestly I never expected this type of run. And, knock on wood, I expect Zito to fix some issues this offseason to have a better team for next year.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I understand your point, but we have kind of a pathetic history with not much success. Making it to the final the way we did is something to remember for a long time and still an enormous accomplishment for the franchise. This helps us big financially and provides invaluable experience for the players, especially young guys like Lundell

Reactions: Vilam

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Im quite out of the Zone that i still believe, for that the Vegas preformance was pretty amazing in all 4 Games.
Our Player start to get empty in the Head or not on 100% fit for the Level that Hockey needs. I only say Line Change to 1-0. That was more then a shot on the Knees, but what you can expect if you get 7,5 Million a Year, Money i never would see in my entire Life. So who cares.

What i really like the slight light of Hope, was our 2nd Goal. Hill has to move from left to right and look we can score if we create plays like that. What Vegas like did near every Goals and high Quality Chance.

And in that Point i cant agree with Gretzky. Yes we have a physical Game chip&Chaise, but that only works if you are able to dominate to Board Game. But if the opponent Team, has the high skill and also the Bigger Bodys in their own Zone. Chip&chaise means turn over the Puck after Chiped in.
And so you cant play your Game the Way you prefer. The only other Game we are still able to play might be rush.
Boston and Toronto also Carolina, didnt has that Skill and physical Presence in the D Pairing.
The old rule still hit in, Offens win Games, Defens wins Championship.

Why not splitt the Style or Art of Game up one Top Line rush and the other Chip&Chaise. So it fit the Player on the Line how to play Hockey and you create 2 kind of offensive Game.
But you can tell with Matthew limit Icetime after getting a Heavy Hit and stumble up, he play with a light Concussion. What is also not the best for a Player to play, also in his Age and the rest of his Career.

Would i like to see us get the Cup, yes. No cant be the Answer. But to see us Battle all the Way come so far after this Year. It is already an amazing Team effort. No matter what, i didnt expect this Outcome.
I will watch also Game 5.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Reactions: Beezers Mask

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Tkachuk injury was game four. I was certain Tkachuk was going to score with 2 minutes left but alas

Chucky had the last stick on the puck but he pushed it. Doesn’t have his balance and strength otherwise he would have sent that puck easily higher and in the net. There is no doubt in my mind.

I did not know this but Vegas averages in height 6-2. They are fast and tough.

Panthers have had to start on the road every series no doubt the toughest path to win the Stanley Cup and we still have a chance. I’m excited about our chances tommorrow despite being a beat up overly matched team. Some guys like Rhienhart, Duke have been quiet and Bennett has not scored in awhile. We need to use Bennett as a bulldozer and open up the ice etc etc etc.

Reactions: PSLguy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad