Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 @ Golden Knights 9 - 6/13/23 - That run was a lot of fun!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you Believe?

• Total voters

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So here is where I am at I guess.

1. Win game 5. Lose game 6 - I hate this scenario out of everything. I would not be able to stomach seeing Vegas raise the cup in Florida. Just big time no. I'd rather lose 5 if that is the result

2. Lose game 5 close or blow out - Same result to me. Wouldnt matter what the final score is, but Ill take this over #1 all day.

3. Force and lose game 7. It would hurt but I'd be proud. Guys battled and forced a final game to just come up short would still be a storybook ending to me

I refuse to talk about the 4th result as I just dont see it happening and I will not let that get into my system.

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017

1. Win game 5. Lose game 6 - I hate this scenario out of everything. I would not be able to stomach seeing Vegas raise the cup in Florida. Just big time no. I'd rather lose 5 if that is the result

2. Lose game 5 close or blow out - Same result to me. Wouldnt matter what the final score is, but Ill take this over #1 all day.

3. Force and lose game 7. It would hurt but I'd be proud. Guys battled and forced a final game to just come up short would still be a storybook ending to me

I refuse to talk about the 4th result as I just dont see it happening and I will not let that get into my system.
Disagree, win game 5 and get one more final game in SFLA... get the boys the crowd and ovation they deserve win or lose. if they force a game 7, there is nothing better. lets go win game 5...

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

5. Vegas forfeits the Final due to doping scandal, awarding the Panthers the cup by default. Matthew Tkachuk declared King of Hockey and demands Brady by his side to rule. Eric and Marc Staal donates all their money earned this season to a charity for LGBTQIA+ support and retire from hockey, never to be seen or heard from ever again.

Reactions: Vilam

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I think our chances to win would’ve been greater if Lusto wasn’t hurt. We just don’t have the depth to replace any of our 12 forwards and that’s saying something cuz someone like Colin White should probably be a replacement forward himself yet he’s a mainstay in the lineup. Our best replacement for any injuries is Zach Dalpe and Casey Fitzgerald which is pretty pathetic.

There’s a minimum of one game left and a maximum of three. We’re banged up and in severe lack of focus. We need something big to happen to that locker room. Someone needs to go god mode if we want a chance. Bob, Barkov, shit Colin White why not.

I’m not counting on that, but that’s where I’m at.

M4k4

Jun 1, 2011

With our luck, scenario 1 will probably happen to inflict maximum pain (although a game 7 loss would be worse of course but I highly doubt we get there).

Must be nice to be on the other side and pretty much know your team will win the cup.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Tkachuk is clearly hurt. Bennett Reinhart absent. Lundell is stepping up. D core is struggling.

If the team has ANY shot at pushing this to 7 games. Any hope. The first two players that come to mind are Barkov and Ekblad. The lifers. The guys that have been here the longest.

These two need to take over tomorrow and Friday, then pray for the best. Thats all. Barkov needs to be the best player on the ice or tomorrow ends pretty quickly.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Tkachuk is clearly hurt. Bennett Reinhart absent. Lundell is stepping up. D core is struggling.

If the team has ANY shot at pushing this to 7 games. Any hope. The first two players that come to mind are Barkov and Ekblad. The lifers. The guys that have been here the longest.

These two need to take over tomorrow and Friday, then pray for the best. Thats all. Barkov needs to be the best player on the ice or tomorrow ends pretty quickly.
Ekblad has to be the best he’s been all playoffs. If he, Barkov, and Bob step it up that’s our best chance.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I get it, been with this team since the beginning. I just focus on the ride more than the destination. Only one team a year is going to win the ultimate prize. There's 32 teams. If winning a Cup is all that's going to make you happy as a fan, there's going to be a lot of miserable years...

And again, I get our circumstances and all the shitty years we've endured already, but that's got no influence on our Cup chances going forward. If it's only Cup or bust, you're going to be miserable.

It's like the Hall of Fame, they basically used to only let players in if they've won a Cup, but that's no longer the case. The league has a lot of parity and there's 32 teams. Lots of great efforts and stories even without a Cup. In two years now you've had a President's Trophy run and a Cup Finals run, that's pretty cool.

Loser talk yada yada...I get it. Hope you can stick with it because I think things are just getting better. This franchise has never been in a better spot.
I get not cup or bust. But we're talking 30 years. I'm too competitive to accept all of those years of not being able to make one run. At some point, I need results. And staring at who knows how long before they do win one.
I mean otherwise I could make myself theoretically feel good about being mediocre to bad, forever. Plus, I'm already settled in with that with the Marlins, and they even have two championships.

I understand your point, but we have kind of a pathetic history with not much success. Making it to the final the way we did is something to remember for a long time and still an enormous accomplishment for the franchise. This helps us big financially and provides invaluable experience for the players, especially young guys like Lundell
I'm not saying anybody else has to feel that way. But I'm not feeling it. That whole sentiment left years ago with me.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
With this squad, could you have asked for much more though? We’re at least now starting to make buzz and make actual leaps and knocking on the door for a few consistent years in a row. Something we did not do at all since 96 until Zito got here. The future looks bright at least in theory, we actually have stuff to be excited and look forward to. We have arguably the face of the NHl, next to McDavid, playing for us. And this off-season Zito has money burning a hole in his pocket. We’re actually a desired destination now too. There’s so many positives to take away from this run. If anything, contrary to how you’re feeling, this should rejuvenate anyone that was giving up…
I mean, it's nice they went deep, like I said. At this point, these are just isolated incidents to me. It doesn't take away the years of waiting. And the future is still up in the air. Let's just say I'm not as optimistic about what this core will achieve, as a lot of others.
But, they could still come back and win this series though. So there's that.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I get not cup or bust. But we're talking 30 years. I'm too competitive to accept all of those years of not being able to make one run. At some point, I need results. And staring at who knows how long before they do win one.
I mean otherwise I could make myself theoretically feel good about being mediocre to bad, forever. Plus, I'm already settled in with that with the Marlins, and they even have two championships.

Yeah I totally get it and don't blame you at all. Just hope you hang in there, I think we got a good thing brewing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad