HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Apples and oranges. As disturbing as the Chicago story is, it didn't affect other organizations.

Ottawa's negligence directly affected Las Vegas, and the league can't show that such negligence would just be swept under a rug.... Especially in a world where some teams are hugging so close to the cap.
Fine. But they should be compensating Vegas not just penalizing Ottawa,

Hate to say it but they are at or near the top of the league as an organization. Players leave and they plug new ones intp the lineup and keep rolling. They have a winning culture that's for sure.
Actually what it really says is the NHL is shit.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Fine. But they should be compensating Vegas not just penalizing Ottawa,

Actually what it really says is the NHL is shit.

The problem with not punishing Ottawa is that it sends the message to other organizations that there are no repercussions to being negligent and/or deceitful when dealing with another organization.

If there is no standard for teams to cross their I's and dot their t's, it's going to fester a sense of distrust between organizations, and more sloppy trade proposals will also occur.

Thats not good for anyone.

If Vegas gets compensation, I have no problem with as long as it doesn't directly affect other organizations that had nothing to do with this transaction.

However, that compensation also ought not to somehow lessen Ottawa's punishment.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The problem with not punishing Ottawa is that it sends the message to other organizations that there are no repercussions to being negligent and/or deceitful when dealing with another organization.

If there is no standard for teams to cross their I's and dot their t's, it's going to fester a sense of distrust between organizations, and more sloppy trade proposals will also occur.

True. But the punishment should be something like a 2nd round pick or a 2nd and 3rd and those pick should go to Vegas.

Reactions: zeeto and dgeezus

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
tsn radio is hot the figs showed no heart last night... lol

they brought up when Big Ben ragdoll nostrils behind the net
bert laughing on the bench, was he still a bruin???? LOL

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
They are number in points in the regular season since 1980 with 3937 points. The number 2 (Caps) has 3762 points almost 200 points behind (probably 200 after this season). They are 3rd in playoffs win since 1980 behind Pens and Detroit. They are first in games played during playoffs since 1980.

They have been very well managed for a long time. They sell when it's time. They draft well. They are quick to rebuild by far the best at retooling in the NHL. They have done bad trades but the philosophy of their management help alleviate them. They needed to replace Bergeron. Most teams would have tried a washed up vet resurrected from the dead on a 1 millions contract. They ice a 19 years old kid. They know how it works.
All that is true. Also a fact is that they've won 1 cup in the last 50 years.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
tsn radio is hot the figs showed no heart last night... lol

they brought up when Big Ben ragdoll nostrils behind the net
bert laughing on the bench, was he still a bruin???? LOL
Bertuzzi may have been laughing at what Reaves was saying even then he shouldn't have. If Keefe wouldn't allow Reaves to go after Marchand then Keefe should have been fired right after the game. That is Reaves only skill so they might as well waive him if they are going to hold him back.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

If Vegas gets compensation, I have no problem with as long as it doesn't directly affect other organizations that had nothing to do with this transaction.

However, that compensation also ought not to somehow lessen Ottawa's punishment.
Agreed. Some organizations are going to benefit by moving up in the draft Ottawa forfeits a pick though. Hopefully Montreal is one.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I meant at his career. He started out as a labourer for McCains foods. Then drive truck for them. Then started his own trucking business. Turned it into major success
That was a side job as student while attending business school @ York. His single mothers family originally from France was quite well off when they immigrated to Montreal - he bolted for Toronto during early 80s exodus

But all that aside, he did recognize an opportunity & proactively built his trucking empire

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Agreed. Some organizations are going to benefit by moving up in the draft Ottawa forfeits a pick though. Hopefully Montreal is one.
If the Sens miss the playoffs, I wonder what that does to the lottery?

Can't see them keeping the sens ball in the mix (that would be cruel... Can you imagine they won & found out the punishment was 1OA lol), so do they just do it with 1 fewer team & therefore the teams that finished higher (assuming sens weren't already the last lottery spot) get the benefit?

Or do teams get the same lottery spot they rightfully finish in and they just remove the sens balls from the mix? (Seems like fairest way, leaving all teams equally impacted)

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
That was a side job as student while attending business school @ York. His single mothers family originally from France was quite well off when they immigrated to Montreal - he bolted for Toronto during early 80s exodus

But all that aside, he did recognize an opportunity & proactively built his trucking empire
I asked an AI bolt to do a 100 essay on him. It said he had left university to work at McCain's. Eventually Worked his way up to running their trucking fleet. They quit McCain's to start his own trucking business. Transporting medical supplies. But I am not sure.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
If the Sens miss the playoffs, I wonder what that does to the lottery?

Can't see them keeping the sens ball in the mix (that would be cruel... Can you imagine they won & found out the punishment was 1OA lol), so do they just do it with 1 fewer team & therefore the teams that finished higher (assuming sens weren't already the last lottery spot) get the benefit?

Or do teams get the same lottery spot they rightfully finish in and they just remove the sens balls from the mix? (Seems like fairest way, leaving all teams equally impacted)
I think they'll wait until last minute to get their forfeit forfeit like the Devils few years back.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I asked an AI bolt to do a 100 essay on him. It said he had left university to work at McCain's. Eventually Worked his way up to running their trucking fleet. They quit McCain's to start his own trucking business. Transporting medical supplies. But I am not sure.
I remember reading an article on him when Molson bought the team - his mother came from a well to do family but one of those “wanting to live how the other half lives” kinda of person…

Either way none of this stuff matters, he’s actually refreshing to listen to given his lack of filter… unfortunately that will be beaten out of him by Bettman

Reactions: jrom and dinodebino

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Was Jack Hughes injured tonight? Was not out to start the second period.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I gotta say chytil, kaakko and lundkvist all regressing this year even more makes me hate the Bobrov hire more. Rangers had a bunch of hits on picks during Bobrov's tenure.. domestically. Bobrov was only the head of European scouting where he influenced top ten picks into busts and hit on zero non first round picks despite the rags heavily drafting from there

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I gotta say chytil, kaakko and lundkvist all regressing this year even more makes me hate the Bobrov hire more. Rangers had a bunch of hits on picks during Bobrov's tenure.. domestically. Bobrov was only the head of European scouting where he influenced top ten picks into busts and hit on zero non first round picks despite the rags heavily drafting from there
There is zero chance we did our due diligence to hire the best candidate possible. Gorton just brought him over because they are friends.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
And sometimes it just sucks to have the 1OA or 2OA….

There is zero chance we did our due diligence to hire the best candidate possible. Gorton just brought him over because they are friends.
That’s how life works - leaders hire “their people”… that includes Gordie Clarke who headed scouting when Kreider & Sheshterkin were selected

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

It's annoying. The two significant jobs they had coming into a rebuilding team was to revamp the development and, more importantly, the scouting. I'm not confident in the scouting. You can't go into a rebuild while missing all of your top picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad