HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It's annoying. The two significant jobs they had coming into a rebuilding team was to revamp the development and, more importantly, the scouting. I'm not confident in the scouting. You can't go into a rebuild while missing all of your top picks.
They haven't missed any top picks yet. And most of the 2nd and 3rd rounders look good to great.

Reactions: Miller Time

JackZap

May 7, 2009
It's annoying. The two significant jobs they had coming into a rebuilding team was to revamp the development and, more importantly, the scouting. I'm not confident in the scouting. You can't go into a rebuild while missing all of your top picks.
Ditto. Seems they just rushed into it. Why they kept Lapointe is beyond me as well.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Ditto. Seems they just rushed into it. Why they kept Lapointe is beyond me as well.
Because Lapointe & Hughes go back 30+ years? Or Gorton was the one to get Lapointe to have Bergeron live with him during their Bruin days?

So HuGo trust him to do the job because they know his capabilities?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
But you’re confident in the development? Have you seen the 1OA’s development?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That’s how life works - leaders hire “their people”… that includes Gordie Clarke who headed scouting when Kreider & Sheshterkin were selected

The truth but not the whole truth.

Yes, people hire their friends, but they also make new friends over time, also the best people often have the highest quality friends.

But you’re confident in the development? Have you seen the 1OA’s development?

It's comical but they might be nailing everyone but Slafkovsky.

Hutson, Reinbacher, Roy, Beck, Mesar, etc are not being rushed. Barron is being handled well as well.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Lol... TSN has an articles on whether Leafs are suffering from lack of toughness... But... but... Reaves?!
I saw something last week where Reaves was like the worst player in the league advanced stats-wise. Even a thought guy is useless if he can't keep up with the play.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad