HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Now I see why Reeves has been traded shortly after being acquired in recent years. Leafs are still soft.
Not sure how many times it needs to be proven that having an enforcer is not at all a deterrent. Especially guys that are strictly enforcers since they live and die by the idiotic “code”. They don’t just grab and punch players, they need signed permission.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll always maintain that Slafkovsky was a legitimate choice in 2022. If the rushing busts him, so be it.

The Habs are the only team with a top 2022 draft pick to have rushed the player.
He was. It was painfully obvious he was not the most NHL ready and had the most things to work on.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'll always maintain that Slafkovsky was a legitimate choice in 2022. If the rushing busts him, so be it.

The Habs are the only team with a top 2022 draft pick to have rushed the player.
Slaf was a 100% legitimate choice.

As I said before the draft, none of the players should start in the NHL.

New Jersey and Arizona understood it.

Seattle and Montreal didn't.

Which two players look the worst between those 4 ?

Hmm...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Jiricek has 2pts/9games while playing <14min a night on bottom pairing for the jackets...

I'm curious why that's not considered rushed? Is his development bring ruined because he's playing small minutes (less than Slaf who is a fwd) and producing little?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not sure how many times it needs to be proven that having an enforcer is not at all a deterrent. Especially guys that are strictly enforcers since they live and die by the idiotic “code”. They don’t just grab and punch players, they need signed permission.

I was interested in us signing Reaves to a 1-yr deal solely for the purpose of playing in games vs other "enforcers" so that X could focus on playing and not get pulled into stupid fights vs plugs as he did last year... But otherwise agree 100%.

Crazy that the Laffs gave him 3yrs at a cap premium for what he does. Pointless signing for them. Couldn't be happier lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Didn't he maul Ryan Graves a few years ago? A total unwilling player.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Living out west one of the things that has helped me not care about the irrelevancy of the Habs is the Draisaitl/McDavid show. Woe is me

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Jiricek has 2pts/9games while playing <14min a night on bottom pairing for the jackets...

I'm curious why that's not considered rushed? Is his development bring ruined because he's playing small minutes (less than Slaf who is a fwd) and producing little?

People don't say that Jiricek was rushed because he wasn't rushed. They put him in the AHL for the year, he excelled, and now he's getting his shot. If Slaf had been sent to the AHL, killed it there, and then was given his shot this year, I think people would be cool with that.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

The guy played his D+1 in the AHL and did very well, by all accounts, now he’s being slowly integrated to the NHL team and doing well enough for a rookie dman, by all accounts.

Player earns promotion, is slowly bled into the roster as he earns more trust and responsibilities. Perfect development strategy.

What’s your question?

I didn't expect Edmonton and Calgary to be this bad. Holy smokes
Sad to say but I really feel McDavid deserves no better than this for trusting Edmonton.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
People don't say that Jiricek was rushed because he wasn't rushed. They put him in the AHL for the year, he excelled, and now he's getting his shot. If Slaf had been sent to the AHL, killed it there, and then was given his shot this year, I think people would be cool with that.

Even if Slaf was doing exactly the same?

That makes little sense and speaks to a foredrawn conclusion.

Regardless of where the player played last season, the waiver freedom to play them in AHL or NHL is the same...

Seems contradictory to suggest a 19 year old D getting less usage than a 19 year old fwd isn't being rushed but the latter is.

Like much of the fan/media commentary & hysteria bubbling up these days, the takes often suffer a lack of consistency

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I didn't expect Edmonton and Calgary to be this bad. Holy smokes

I'm not as surprised by Calgary... They needed Huberdeau/Kadri to bounce back significantly to be better and both continue to play well below what they were paid to bring...

The oilers, on the other hand, are a hot mess. Gotta wonder how much longer Holland holds out before making a drastic change. Ship is sinking fast!

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
The guy played his D+1 in the AHL and did very well, by all accounts, now he’s being slowly integrated to the NHL team and doing well enough for a rookie dman, by all accounts.

Player earns promotion, is slowly bled into the roster as he earns more trust and responsibilities. Perfect development strategy.

What’s your question?

Sad to say but I really feel McDavid deserves no better than this for trusting Edmonton.
What a bizarre thing to say...

Time for Edmonton to get a defensive oriented, no nonsense coach. I like Woodcroft but I don't think he has the personality to get these superstars to commit to defence. Holland has also done the team no favours. Hopefully they make some changes asap as it would be criminal not to win a cup with this core.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Even if Slaf was doing exactly the same?

That makes little sense and speaks to a foredrawn conclusion.

Regardless of where the player played last season, the waiver freedom to play them in AHL or NHL is the same...

Seems contradictory to suggest a 19 year old D getting less usage than a 19 year old fwd isn't being rushed but the latter is.

Like much of the fan/media commentary & hysteria bubbling up these days, the takes often suffer a lack of consistency

This is really difficult to follow. Yeah I think I would be okay if Slaf had been excellent in the AHL last year, and took a little while to get going this year, and I would have preferred that situation to him being an NHL failure last year, and so far looking no different this year. What part of that is confusing to you?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
This is really difficult to follow. Yeah I think I would be okay if Slaf had been excellent in the AHL last year, and took a little while to get going this year, and I would have preferred that situation to him being an NHL failure last year, and so far looking no different this year. What part of that is confusing to you?

Nothing. It's just poor reasoning.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Nothing. It's just poor reasoning.
It’s certainly not a surprise you feel confident to criticize this development philosophy.

What a bizarre thing to say...
Best player in the sport shouldn’t tie himself to a loser organization for a max term contract. It’s all downside no upside. I love him and he’s magic but he should’ve known better. He left his career in the hands of Peter Chiarelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad