HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I respect the Boston Bruins, they have always been committed to having a strong management team and always ice solid teams.

They know how to draft, they know how to develop.

A lot of it is luck to be honest. They also went 30 odd years without a cup. And I’ve always detested their management team. They got forced into committing to skill and would have continued the truculent path unabated.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
When was the last time the refs just stopped play while the other team has the puck in our zone and one of our guys got injured?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
A lot of it is luck to be honest. They also went 30 odd years without a cup. And I’ve always detested their management team. They got forced into committing to skill and would have continued the truculent path unabated.
They are number 1 points in the regular season since 1980 with 3937 points. The number 2 (Caps) has 3762 points almost 200 points behind (probably 200 after this season). They are 3rd in playoffs win since 1980 behind Pens and Detroit. They are first in games played during playoffs since 1980.

They have been very well managed for a long time. They sell when it's time. They draft well. They are quick to rebuild by far the best at retooling in the NHL. They have done bad trades but the philosophy of their management help alleviate them. They needed to replace Bergeron. Most teams would have tried a washed up vet resurrected from the dead on a 1 millions contract. They ice a 19 years old kid. They know how it works.

Last edited:

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Man, Toronto media and fans losing it today after a Marchand slewfoot (which was not called) and then the Leafs decided to Leaf and not even remotely defend their teammate. That organization still can't get its shit together lol.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Matthews had those back to back hattricks to start the season and then had one goal in his next 7 games.

As I write this he just scored and likely will get credit for marners goal

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I respect the Boston Bruins, they have always been committed to having a strong management team and always ice solid teams.

They know how to draft, they know how to develop.
Hate to say it but they are at or near the top of the league as an organization. Players leave and they plug new ones intp the lineup and keep rolling. They have a winning culture that's for sure.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I will say that it's absolutely disgusting that the Hawks only get a fine for covering up a sexual assault that also led to the sexual assault of a minor ruining both of their lives yet the Sens lose a 1st rounder for not giving a team a player's NTC list. Embarrassing. I do love seeing Ottawa getting dicked though, it always puts a smile to my face.

Apples and oranges. As disturbing as the Chicago story is, it didn't affect other organizations.

Ottawa's negligence directly affected Las Vegas, and the league can't show that such negligence would just be swept under a rug.... Especially in a world where some teams are hugging so close to the cap.

Reactions: DAChampion

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Max Domi in 2019, Suzuki had 4 points last March
1698988657732.gif

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Apples and oranges. As disturbing as the Chicago story is, it didn't affect other organizations.

Ottawa's negligence directly affected Las Vegas, and the league can't show that such negligence would just be swept under a rug.... Especially in a world where some teams are hugging so close to the cap.
1st is fine for the Sens. At the end of the day, the punishment for the Hawks is embarrassing... Makes you wonder what they punishment would have been if it was a Canadian team.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad