HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Don't tell that to Marc Bergevin plz. He could finally figure it out with another team.
I mean he picked twice in the top 5 while GM

He picked Galchenyuk in a terrible draft (in which he's still top 5 in points) and picked Kotkaniemi in the other (also top 5 in points from that draft).

Stutzle, Sanderson and Ridley Creig is an awesome draft year no matter where you draft.
Yes especially with the first two, they did a good job of not over thinking things and making the obvious pick.
Also it's laughable that Tkachuk is now the obvious choice since according to this board the obvious choice was Zadina. 5 years of if we would not have drafted JK we would have drafted Zadina cause that was the obvious choice to BT was the obvious choice overnight.
I wasn't against picking Tkachuk leading to the draft so I can't speak to others for that.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hired in 2016.

2016 draft:
Nothing (Logan Brown busted, Lajoie had a cup of coffee, as did Dahlen)

2017 draft:
Formenton (out of the league due to HC rape)
Batherson hit.

2018:
Brady Tkachuk
Busted an additional 1st and 2nd round pick.

2019:
Shane Pinto

2020 is the hit with two top 5 picks in Stutzle and Sanderson.

2021 nothing - Tyler Boucher.

That's not good drafting. The draft power during that stretch was high.
I did not know Formenton was one of those predators that performed those despicable acts….good riddance to that asshole

Reactions: dinodebino

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wasn't against picking Tkachuk leading to the draft so I can't speak to others for that.
Maybe you but i vividly remember that this board was at least 90% against picking BT. For easily 90% of this board it was either JK or Zadina. Anyone who had the guts to say BT was meet with pitchforks. And now this 90% has the guts to say BT was the obvious choice and i'm being called a Sens fans for calling them out. Sorry but that doesn't fly with me.

Reactions: Stoneburg

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe you but i vividly remember that this board was at least 90% against picking BT. For easily 90% of this board it was either JK or Zadina. Anyone who had the guts to say BT was meet with pitchforks. And now this 90% has the guts to say BT was the obvious choice and i'm being called a Sens fans for calling them out. Sorry but that doesn't fly with me.

Oh I remember, but not sure what that has to do with anything.

They still clearly picked the wrong player, we’re just fans, our job isn't to be right about this, it's the teams

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So I finally get a chance to sit for a coffee break at work and this is what I find:

- Sens fire Dorion.
- Sens forfeit a 1st round pick for their part in the botched Dadonov trade.
- Habs players met Celine Dion while in Vegas.
- @OldCraig71 gets bombarded with notifications again (oops, he has another notification now)

Please stop notifying @OldCraig71

Oops

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

They still clearly picked the wrong player, we’re just fans, our job isn't to be right about this, it's the teams
It's why I absolutely hate the argument "but you wanted this player at the time so you're wrong" as if what we say should be comparable to the pros.

Reactions: 417

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Nah i mean people are trying to discredit the Sens for drafting BT because apparently that was the obvious pick and cause it was a top 5 pick but it really was not anyway not according to this board. Zadina was a viable option at this rank 100%. They picked the right guy. I talked about MB as a joke cause obviously teams miss all the time with top 5 pick it's not rare at all. I've not check but i'd say around 25% to 33% of top 5 picks are complete miss as solid top 6 or top 4 players.

Reactions: 417

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sens owner has every right to be pissed. The NHL said the Dadonov case was closed last year and now all of a sudden they get heavily penalized for it. Not to mention that they get penalized for not disclosing contract information when the NHL didn't disclose that they were conducting another investigation of the matter and also the Pinto situation before he purchased it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Do you mean i should not notify @OldCraig71 ?

That sounds rude to me.

Well, @OldCraig71 said 140 notifications was too much, so how is it rude to limit ourselves when it's exactly what @OldCraig71 wants?

Sens owner has every right to be pissed. The NHL said the Dadonov case was closed last year and now all of a sudden they get heavily penalized for it. Not to mention that they get penalized for not disclosing contract information when the NHL didn't disclose that they were conducting another investigation of the matter and also the Pinto situation before he purchased it.

Did Andlauer piss on Gary's petunias or something?

Seems like cheapshot moves towards a new owner.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Sens are a mess:

Formenton league shadow ban
Pinto gambling suspension
Dadonov trade f***-up (liar, liar pants on fire, Sens)
Dorion gets fired
Chiarelli is 1st runner up to replace

But, the NHL:

Takes Sens 1st away because Ottawa withholds information or gave misleading information to Vegas about Dadonov's NTC, while NHL withheld and mislead Andlauer about all of the above issues.

Absolutely classic NHL business practices.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Amazing... As far as I understand, doesn't the league have some part of responsibility in that fiasco as well?

Seriously.. how the f*** was Chicago allowed to draft Bedard if they punish the Sens so hard after having basically cleared them earlier?

This is a whole other level of bullshit... What a circus...
Interesting point.

Reactions: Tyson

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
it's moments like these that remind me how bush league the nhl is today. It wasn't too long ago players climbed into the stands to fight fans.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Gary can't do anything unless Andlauer contravenes some rule and they can boot him.
Andlauer has an immense ego that clashed often with some of the other Habs owners in the past. He’s still part of the boyz club, that’s why they allowed him to buy the Hens, but don’t be fooled : Molson et al were happy he was leaving. Heck, they decided to NOT allow another minority owner to join. That’s how they bought back his shares.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Andlauer has an immense ego that clashed often with some of the other Habs owners in the past. He’s still part of the boyz club, that’s why they allowed him to buy the Hens, but don’t be fooled : Molson et al were happy he was leaving. Heck, they decided to NOT allow another minority owner to join. That’s how they bought back his shares.
Andlaueur was in fact pushing for a real rebuild since a longtime what Molson didn’t want to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad