HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He's also a year younger than Evans and hasn't cracked the league yet while Evans is going into his fourth full season. Evans would be torching the AHL too if he played there, he even torched it as a rookie. He's not some young rookie looking for a chance, he's 26 and hasn't looked good at the NHL level. Even late bloomers like Verhaeghe and Marchessault had broken out by this age. Not every good Tampa AHLer is going to become a top six player. People bought into that and ended up with Mathieu Joseph and Matthew Peca. Conacher as well. Volkov, Dumont, Hudon, etc.
Don't look now, but Barré-Boulet plays in the top 6 in Tampa and produced 2 other points yesterday, while Evans has 1 point in 9 games. 4 games with a point streak going.

Season high 15min+ of icetime, seeing time on Tampa 2nd PP unit as well.

Marchessault had his breakout season in Florida at 26, by the way.

Barré-Boulet is my pick for a Marchessault 2.0.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Don't look now, but Barré-Boulet plays in the top 6 in Tampa and produced 2 other points yesterday, while Evans has 1 point in 9 games. 4 games with a point streak going.

Season high 15min+ of icetime, seeing time on Tampa 2nd PP unit as well.

Marchessault had his breakout season in Florida at 26, by the way.

Barré-Boulet is my pick for a Marchessault 2.0.
And how many points do you think he would get in Evans role? Or how many extra goals against do you think we would have with BB on the PK and defensive zone draws? Or how many points do you think Evans would get with Hagel instead of Pezz as a linemate?

He'll be waived again as soon as Tampa is healthy. He's playing in the top six because of injuries, not merit. This is a Cory conacher situation. BB did the same thing three years ago then had a little cold streak and was waived because his play away from the puck isn't great and he's top six or bust, and Tampa has better options when healthy.

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
I laughed at that one good one 🤣

You see progress compared to last year?
You said one has progressed while the other has gone backwards. Obviously you are talking about Cooley when you mention progress, how the hell did he progress when he is barely starting? By the way Cooley was my pick at 1OA. As for Slaf, it is way too early, but hopefully he can become whatever our management sees in him for the sake of our team.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
You said one has progressed while the other has gone backwards. Obviously you are talking about Cooley when you mention progress, how the hell did he progress when he is barely starting? By the way Cooley was my pick at 1OA. As for Slaf, it is way too early, but hopefully he can become whatever our management sees in him for the sake of our team.
Like I said , I think he would learn way more in the AHL. Arizona felt that Cooley needed a year. Nothing wrong with that. Why do we always rush our top prospects . Right now he isn't learning anything or improving with the habs

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
One didn't make the team last year, but he did this year.... you don't call that progress?

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017

Gotta admit this story pretty funny from bargain bin

but...but...but...toxic masculinity... haha, that was freaking hilarious. Bergy was always seen as the ultimate athlete bro. I bet you there's some crazy hidden stories of his time as GM in MTL

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's funny because even though we beat the Leafs during their best cup window, in the play-offs, their fans try to get at Habs fans still.. mainly trying to flex about Slaf not being as good of a 1OA as Matthews and that we haven't had a 40 goal scorer in awhile, etc.

Well, they still haven't learned cause goaltending and defense is a thing, and they certainly matter which is why their merry band of regular season warriors go out with a whimper early every year.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
It's funny because even though we beat the Leafs during their best cup window, in the play-offs, their fans try to get at Habs fans still.. mainly trying to flex about Slaf not being as good of a 1OA as Matthews and that we haven't had a 40 goal scorer in awhile, etc.

Well, they still haven't learned cause goaltending and defense is a thing, and they certainly matter which is why their merry band of regular season warriors go out with a whimper early every year.
Bubbles their new GM will dazzle all of us. TSN said so.
the wee willy trade rumors will start up again for a D man

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Big game McTavish strikes again

Hold this L Pburg

TBH it's Malkin's fault for standing too low. You have to give a better option to the guy along the boards because of the possibility of exactly what happened after the passing attempt.

Plus, Malkin would've hard way better options had he sat higher and skated into the slot. Stupid to just sit there waiting for a one timer.

Reactions: zeeto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad