HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Leaf fans have the right to boo , Marner and Matthews have no heart.
no-heart-tinman.gif

As Alex Jones would say ,I suspect there is something in the water in Toronto that emasculates the players of the team year after year.

The opposite of the water that flows in Montreal that pumps out HOF goalies and makes us punch above weight every season with abysmal rosters

Reactions: Redux91

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
The nadir of this forum is arguably the preponderance of posts declaring Kotkaniemi to be a garbage player. Demonstrates a severe lack of wisdom.
I'd add, this stupid notion that he was rushed. Carolina utilized him the exact way we would have 10-15 minutes per game with plugs, sheltered minutes and it turns out those early years in the NHL didn't ruin him, he just needed time. I'd bet a lot of money if we had held him, he turns out exact same in Montreal under MSL.

I think he will have a great season, but context says that Noesen and Bunting both have 8 points, Jarvis has 9, and Teravainen has 8 goals. This team is scoring in bunches, but so far he is leading the pack so good on him.

Reactions: DAChampion

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'd add, this stupid notion that he was rushed. Carolina utilized him the exact way we would have 10-15 minutes per game with plugs, sheltered minutes and it turns out those early years in the NHL didn't ruin him, he just needed time. I'd bet a lot of money if we had held him, he turns out exact same in Montreal under MSL.

I think he will have a great season, but context says that Noesen and Bunting both have 8 points, Jarvis has 9, and Teravainen has 8 goals. This team is scoring in bunches, but so far he is leading the pack so good on him.
He will regress. Would not be surprised a bit to see him finish the season with 45 to 50 points. But even there you have to look at the big picture. He's a big center who won over 51% of his faceoffs the past two seasons and his defensive play for a guy 23 is perfectly acceptable. If he can settle as a 50 points 2nd line center winning 51+% of his faceoffs and keep improving his defense with more experience then he'll be a very useful player specially given his current contract.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

On the other hand I think that if Kotkaniemi had continued under the Bergevin/Ducharme administration, he'd probably be back in Europe by now.

They would have signed multiple Nate Thompsons and Jordan Weals to push him to the 4th line or press box.

Reactions: Habs514

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

You realize he's not with the Habs BECAUSE he was rushed ? You realize he's scratching his ceiling because he was rushed ?

How can you still claim he wasn't rushed ? It is insanity. You can stop now.

Also his numbers are pretty even all over the board, he's shooting at 15%, his PDO is 1004 and he has a very low secondary assist count. His 5 on 5 shooting is a bit high and should regress, but his secondary assist count is gonna progress, which is going to leave him more or less even.

I also like that you completely ignored that he has more points than any Canes since january first 2023 (/Aho has the same number of points, in 3 games.) and also has more points than any Habs, since 2023.

Context says you're bias against the player.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
On the other hand I think that if Kotkaniemi had continued under the Bergevin/Ducharme administration, he'd probably be back in Europe by now.

They would have signed multiple Nate Thompsons and Jordan Weals to push him to the 4th line or press box.
Obviously but not sure you could make a case for this being rushed but more just bad management. I mean bad management is bad management whatever the player is 18 or 24 it's still going to be bad management.

I mean we are talking about a management who tried to turn DD into a 1st line center for like 4 years instead of trying to find a solution (to the detriment of the player who could have been a fine 3rd line / middle six player) and then when they moved on they acquired another pet project in Drouin who was a winger and tried to turn him into a center to the detriment of said player.

You realize he's not with the Habs BECAUSE he was rushed ? You realize he's scratching his ceiling because he was rushed ?

Also his numbers are pretty even all over the board, he's shooting at 15%, his PDO is 1004 and he has a very low secondary assist count. His 5 on 5 shooting is a bit high and should regress, but his secondary assist count is gonna progress, which is going to leave him more or less even.

I also like that you completely ignored that he has more points than any Canes since january first 2023 (/Aho has the same number of points, in 3 games.) and also has more points than any Habs, since 2023.

He's not with the hab because our management sucked back then. If KH / MSL would have been here back then JK would certainly still be a hab.

Reactions: Habs514

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I will say that it's absolutely disgusting that the Hawks only get a fine for covering up a sexual assault that also led to the sexual assault of a minor ruining both of their lives yet the Sens lose a 1st rounder for not giving a team a player's NTC list. Embarrassing. I do love seeing Ottawa getting dicked though, it always puts a smile to my face.

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
yep, in the meantime Bedard plays for the Blackhawks. Thanks Gary!
He loves so much Canadian teams. I mean, in his first year a Canadian won.

Reactions: Licou

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna

Funny...I saw similar glimpses of potential in Kotkaniemi his first couple seasons with us as I do now with Slaf. Looks like keeping him in the NHL wasn't the wrong choice, afterall. The irony in your post is thicker than Marc Bergevin's skull.

Reactions: Heffyhoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad