HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chiarelli is probably the interim GM. The question is can he make trades? If he is going to be there for the rest of the season he needs to be able to make some moves and that is when Hughes should be on the phone to Ottawa 4-5 times a day.

Don't know that. Will they begin a rebuild or ride Ovy in to the sunset?

I think they might just let Staois act as GM in the interim.

Reactions: dinodebino

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Their only (healthy) UFA is Mantha, unless they sell some RFAs.
Kuz has just one year remaining. He has already said he wants out of Washington. Caps has not used any retention slots. If they want to sell they could retain on Kuz and make him a 3.4 millions player. Tom Wilson will be the new Gallagher soon though ... Ovechkin is impressive 2 goals and 8 points in 8 games +3 as a 38 years old with a team like that is something ... He clearly doesn't have the impact he used to have or else the caps would win more games but he's a legend.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I'd laugh at Ottawa if I wasn't utterly disgusted that the league levied no actual punishment on Chicago.

Being eligible to win Bedard is a f***ing joke.
This was my exact reaction, forgetting to tell another team about a no trade clause cost them a first rounder while the other team gets the ultimate prize after condoning sexual assault, what a farce.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
I think we can all agree
The 1st ones an all timer, somehow they knocked it out of the park, made it more adult for some reason I couldn't truly appreciate til you're a bit older
(Like I hated that Raph as a kid, now I'm older and it's like uhhh talk about bad ass lol)
I treasure my "pizza dudes got 30 seconds.." t shirt lol

2nd one is wtv, funny seeing Kevin Nash as the super shredder, but overall forgetful for me

And the 3rd gets the most shit, but I love it lol, feudal Japan! The intro, The outfits, the Era, Stuart Wilson!! As Walker in a delightful role as cartoony villain with swag (played the villain Iethal weapon III same year) and showed me 'Tarzan boy' for thefl first ever time lmao
And Elias Koteas!

I'll defend TMNT III til I die lmao
Vanilla Ice is in the 2nd movie, that's a W in my book...go Ninja go Ninja go

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
For all of you looking at Friedman, Saravelli, LeBrun, and co. to get the news, you know it's really official if Renaud confirms it:

Renaud confirming it is as legit as if the official Sens or NHL twitter pages break the news.

Dorion was a dynamic GM in Ottawa but I'm happy he was not available when Bergevin got fired.

Reactions: sampollock

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So I finally get a chance to sit for a coffee break at work and this is what I find:

- Sens fire Dorion.
- Sens forfeit a 1st round pick for their part in the botched Dadonov trade.
- Habs players met Celine Dion while in Vegas.
- @OldCraig71 gets bombarded with notifications again (oops, he has another notification now)

I also saved 15% on my insurance by switching to Geiko.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Well it's great to see Ottawa will continue their long tradition of being irrelevant. I was worried at some point last year because their rebuild looked promising but wow did they ever flush all that down the drain quick

Reactions: Samhockey3

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Can we scoop up their scouts now please?

Their scouting has been generally very good, but they have a few 1st round duds too

2021- Tyler Boucher (10th overall)-
2019- Lassi Thompson (19th overall)
2018- Jacob Bernard Docker (26th overall)
2017- Shane Bowers (28th overall)
2016- Logan Brown (11th overall)

They are money with their high draft picks though

Brady Tkachuk
Tim Stutzle
Jake Sanderson

They also absolutely killed that 2020 draft.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Their scouting has been generally very good, but they have a few 1st round duds too

2021- Tyler Boucher (10th overall)-
2019- Lassi Thompson (19th overall)
2018- Jacob Bernard Docker (26th overall)
2017- Shane Bowers (28th overall)
2016- Logan Brown (11th overall)

They are money with their high draft picks though

Brady Tkachuk
Tim Stutzle
Jake Sanderson

They also absolutely killed that 2020 draft.
Their scouting has been massively overrated.

They hit on Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson but they were all picked inside the top 5.

Their record otherwise isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad