HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
I used to think STP were rip-off artists of PJ but it’s not the case. Go listen to Mighty Joe Young (their name before STP) he was singling like that long before PJ was big.

STP are actually a pretty interesting band. They did a lot of experimental stuff - not all of it was good but they are a much better band than they’re sometimes given credit for. And I think Scott Weiland is one of the best vocalists of all time. He could do anything.

Take Sting for example. Great f***ing singer. But he’s always Sting. Absolutely nothing wrong with that (he has a unique voice of his own) but Weiland could be baroltone, then raise it up, do country - a real singer. Sometimes he doesn’t sound like the same singer. Unique and fantastic. It’s too bad drugs got the better of him. Check out their final album from 2008. Second half of it is pretty awesome. It’s a 70s tribute album so you’ll hear hints of Queen and Bowie. Really cool. Dare if you Dare is great and if you listen closely you’ll hear ‘All the Young Dudes’ remade. Very clever.

And I just looked up… this isn’t the music thread? :laugh:

Let’s get back on topic. Nickelback can be discussed in the music thread.

OT: - Music Part V

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One of the most insane endings to a game that I can remember. Ducks will be very good very soon.
Check the replay, and see the nifty pass their big offseason add gave the puck away to end the game.
EK65 is a huge fraud of a Dman.........put him on the wing, and call it a day.............the team would get better.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
found his X thread sad and enlightening. Apparently the guy who kicked anderson ,petgrave have some big impulse control issues. i hope this just a bad accident..

It's quite ironic that the initial tweet was written by Chris Therien, who also nearly killed a man on the ice (in very obviously completely different circumstances).

• Wow
Reactions: HuGo Sham

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Coyotes beat the Blackhawks 8-1.

Cooley 1 pass, +3 and the forward with the most TOI at 18:28. :cry:
Cooley is decent and has big upside but right now he's getting overrated. Tonight was his first non powerplay point and he has 8 shots on goals in 8 games. At this rate he will be Lucky to get 10 goals but i expect him to improve and try to score more.

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Heh... Stone Temple Pilots were an older band than Pearl Jam and ended up sounding quite different anyways after the first album. Bush... again, 4 killer singles.
This.
After a generic first album, STP really mixed things up and the later albums are really diverse.
One of the best bass players of the last 30 years as well.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Cooley is decent and has big upside but right now he's getting overrated. Tonight was his first non powerplay point and he has 8 shots on goals in 8 games. At this rate he will be Lucky to get 10 goals but i expect him to improve and try to score more.
He's a 19 years old rookie coming out of college. Do you really expect more from him right now? He's not even played 10 professional games yet... how is he getting overrated??

Reactions: zeeto and Gravity

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Slaf 11 points in 48 games -15
Cooley 6 points in 8 games +3

1 has progressed other one is going backwards.

He might be overrated but atleast he has elite traits , something Slaf will never have.

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013

He might be overrated but atleast he has elite traits , something Slaf will never have.
How can one progress when he is barely starting? 🤔

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

It was well know that Cooley was the most explosive all-offense player of that draft. No surprise here.

Reactions: dinodebino

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Come on...if Slaf would have the stats Cooley has, we'd say that even though it's on the PP..he proves how he can be valuable, and if he starts adding points on ES, we'll say how he slowly getting it.

But Cooley is overrated based on that? At 19?

Reactions: Mrb1p and ReHabs

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
He's a 19 years old rookie coming out of college. Do you really expect more from him right now? He's not even played 10 professional games yet... how is he getting overrated??
Because i've seen people saying he's already as good as keller this as nothing to do with Slaf

Come on...if Slaf would have the stats Cooley has, we'd say that even though it's on the PP..he proves how he can be valuable, and if he starts adding points on ES, we'll say how he slowly getting it.

But Cooley is overrated based on that? At 19?
Did i made any comparison with Slaf? Right now if i have the chance i would take Nemec over Cooley and both ahead of Slaf.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Did i made any comparison with Slaf?
Where did I compare both guys play? Fine. Eras Slaf name...and replace it with ANY 19 YEAR OLD PLAYING IN THE LEAGUE. We'd love to see those stats no matter where it takes place. We wouldn't call him overrated because most of his points come on the PP playing on a terrible team.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Where did I compare both guys play? Fine. Eras Slaf name...and replace it with ANY 19 YEAR OLD PLAYING IN THE LEAGUE. We'd love to see those stats no matter where it takes place. We wouldn't call him overrated because most of his points come on the PP playing on a terrible team.
Overrated is relative you can't grasp that? If someone say Matthews is overrated does that mean he doesnt know that Matthews a great goal scorer?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Slaf would have 36pts in 48 games?
Cooley’s only production is on the PP is what I’m saying, of which he plays over 4 mins a game with Keller, Schmaltz and Durzi.

So yeah, if Slaf was playing 4 mins a game with Suzuki, Cole and Matheson with the man advantage, I’m pretty sure he could muster similar production.

But it’s far more important to put Anderson there. You know, a guy who can’t pass, puckhandle or one-time.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I suggest you watch closely Thursday night on how explosive Cooley is compared to Slaf

He reminds me a lot of a Young Jack Hughes...

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
i dont think it was just picking Slafkovsky over Wright or Cooley i think getting Dach in a trade helped management decide they preferred the big winger since they saw Suzuki and Kirby has our top 6 centers moving forward and it sucks that he cannot stay healthy bcuz Dach has been amazing for us

so maybe its more Dach + Slafkovsky vs Cooley/Wright + Nazar?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Overrated is relative you can't grasp that? If someone say Matthews is overrated does that mean he doesnt know that Matthews a great goal scorer?
How is Cooley overrated? Tell me. What is the ratings on Cooley right now? People are penciling him for the Calder? People preferring him over Slaf?

Based on your argumentation, you do know that there's a way you can call every single player in this league overrated right? Even McDavid. So I don,t see the point unless it's to downgrade a player to do so.

Reactions: Habs 4 Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad