HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Know who else sucks (despite having plenty of talent available)? Foo Fighters.

mk7cdej.gif

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah, you don't like them. Doesn't mean they suck. It's not the same thing.
If i don't like them it's because i think their music sucks.

What's actually happening here is you are deciding for others. Or trying to define "suckage" to your own bias.

Thinking something sucks is an opinion and you're not gonna define for others what sucks or not.

Reactions: Samhockey3

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If i don't like them it's because i think their music sucks.

What's actually happening here is you are deciding for others. Or trying to define "suckage" to your own bias.

Thinking something sucks is an opinion and you're not gonna define for others what sucks or not.
I think commercial success is a pretty fair metric for deciding if a band objectively sucks. If millions are buying the albums and they top the charts I just don't see how you can say they suck. You can say you don't like them, you can't say they objectively suck.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think commercial success is a pretty fair metric for deciding if a band objectively sucks. If millions are buying the albums and they top the charts I just don't see how you can say they suck. You can say you don't like them, you can't say they objectively suck.

I think commercial success doesn't define any art's relevance or beauty. Using the word objectivity when speaking about art tells me you don't indulge in creating art. The words belong in opposite worlds.

Nickelback sucks. Deal with it, cuz it's pretty much guaranteed you'll cross paths daily with people who think they suck.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
found his X thread sad and enlightening. Apparently the guy who kicked anderson ,petgrave have some big impulse control issues. i hope this just a bad accident..

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think commercial success doesn't define any art's relevance or beauty. Using the word objectivity when speaking about art tells me you don't indulge in creating art. The words belong in opposite worlds.

Nickelback sucks. Deal with it, cuz it's pretty much guaranteed you'll cross paths daily with people who think they suck.

It's not art. It's commercial music. It's a business.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'll never stop giving cred to PJ. They were mavericks, trend setters and never sold out. All that came after them were just pale imitations. Bush, STP, Creed, Nickleback. Copy of a copy of a copy...
I used to think STP were rip-off artists of PJ but it’s not the case. Go listen to Mighty Joe Young (their name before STP) he was singling like that long before PJ was big.

STP are actually a pretty interesting band. They did a lot of experimental stuff - not all of it was good but they are a much better band than they’re sometimes given credit for. And I think Scott Weiland is one of the best vocalists of all time. He could do anything.

Take Sting for example. Great f***ing singer. But he’s always Sting. Absolutely nothing wrong with that (he has a unique voice of his own) but Weiland could be baroltone, then raise it up, do country - a real singer. Sometimes he doesn’t sound like the same singer. Unique and fantastic. It’s too bad drugs got the better of him. Check out their final album from 2008. Second half of it is pretty awesome. It’s a 70s tribute album so you’ll hear hints of Queen and Bowie. Really cool. Dare if you Dare is great and if you listen closely you’ll hear ‘All the Young Dudes’ remade. Very clever.

And I just looked up… this isn’t the music thread? :laugh:

Let’s get back on topic. Nickelback can be discussed in the music thread.

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Penguins, about two mins left to play, get a lengthened five on three that stretches until almost the end of the game.

They found a way to lose in regulation by SHG. Unbelievable.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Penguins, about two mins left to play, get a lengthened five on three that stretches until almost the end of the game.

They found a way to lose in regulation by SHG. Unbelievable.
One of the most insane endings to a game that I can remember. Ducks will be very good very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad