HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
That's what they should do, but I'd bet more on them making an aggressive move or two that sends futures for immediate help. Hope Hughes is involved, as one of the few teams that can easily take Mantha's cap hit back, we could possibly squeeze out a '24 or better yet, '25 1st in the process.

why better? Is the '25 draft class projected to be better than the '24's?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yes.

Michael Misa
James Hagen
Roger McQueen (sick name, big boy)
Porter Martone, another big boy.
LJ Mooney, but he was just brought up on 32 thoughts podcast.

I hope the Habs get Calgary's/Florida's pick thar year and it isn't pushed..

Hopefully they can get another 1st, or 2. Looks like a good draft.

Reactions: knuck

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Funny how that applies to other teams... If only that perspective applied to takes about the Habs players as well :sarcasm:
If we’re talking Slaf, it’s been 42. I mean, you were celebrating after game 1. My position hasn’t changed. He’s a very good, but not great prospect that didn’t belong in the NHL at 18.. with every game that passes it becomes more obvious.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not that I know... But Id project the caps to be worse next year with Ovie, Backstrom, Oshie a year older and not much cap or asset flex to significantly bolster the roster & no real blue chip prospects close to big impact (though McMichael is looking good so far this year)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If we’re talking Slaf, it’s been 42. I mean, you were celebrating after game 1. My position hasn’t changed. He’s a very good, but not great prospect that didn’t belong in the NHL at 18.. with every game that passes it becomes more obvious.
No one celebrated after game 1, despite your silly and pointless attempts to feed that narrative.

With every passing game, the approach that was used is reinforced as a net positive. That some had unrealistic expectations and didn't understand it, is not his problem.

You think he's not a great prospect, some publications & pundits still consider him the top prospect from his draft year, many fans are wowed by Cooley's flash, some bullish on the D... Though I think most agree that not taking wright was right lol

Bottom line, he's no Bedard. Never was, nor were there any Bedard's in that class. I think about all we'll agree on (& that it's far too early in this season to come to any definitive conclusions about this season )

Hey, we agree on some things. Progress :handclap:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That isn't what Ovy is chasing. He's chasing 894.

Maybe you should communicate with him to tell him he's not after the right number.
Good for him.
Just don't ask me to ignore post season scoring when looking at records for the most goals scored in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad