HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
"If you remove the games that KK didn't score any points in and also remove the ones that Suzuki produced in, KK outscored him considerably with way better linemates"
Yeah i selected random games lol thats literally the last 60 games kk sucked last year for the first 25 he had like 5 points. But a young player getting better and more consistent is not allowed anymore. Better linemate yes how about 7 minute more per games and on every first pp wave?

Jul 6, 2016
KK is showing that it takes YEARS for a guy starting at 18 yo to produce at NHL level. Very few are succeeding right away. And he is well coached and surrounded in Carolina.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah i selected random games lol thats literally the last 60 games kk sucked last year for the first 25 he had like 5 points. But a young player getting better and more consistent is not allowed anymore.
He has awful stretches all the time and he has really good ones too. He is currently a 35-45 point C. Can that change? Sure, but he's got a long ways to go before being considered a top 6 C for a playoff team. Even last year Jordan Staal had more ice time per game than him.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
He has awful stretches all the time and he has really good ones too. He is currently a 35-45 point C. Can that change? Sure, but he's got a long ways to go before being considered a top 6 C for a playoff team. Even last year Jordan Staal had more ice time per game than him.
51 points in his last 82 games inculding playoff where it's considered harder to score as a 22/23 years old "long way to go". Yes his linemate pad his stats a little bit but he's just getting better like Kirby Dach was getting better... it happen. Dach potential is wayy higher than KK if he can come back healthy before you acuse me of comparing them lol

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
51 points in his last 82 games inculding playoff where it's considered harder to score as a 22/23 years old "long way to go". Yes his linemate pad his stats a little bit but he's just getting better like Kirby Dach was getting better... it happen. Dach potential is wayy higher than KK if he can come back healthy before you acuse me of comparing them lol
Not sure why you're including his playoff stats as he had 7 points in 15 games in the playoffs. That's a 38-point pace in an 82-game season which is 3C caliber. You can't just pick and choose which games you want to count, you need to consider his bad start to the season as well and look at the season as a whole. Dach had 5 less points in 24 fewer games than KK as a younger player with 119 less NHL games. That's a considerable difference.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Not sure why you're including his playoff stats as he had 7 points in 15 games in the playoffs. That's a 38-point pace in an 82-game season which is 3C caliber. You can't just pick and choose which games you want to count, you need to consider his bad start to the season as well and look at the season as a whole. Dach had 5 less points in 24 fewer games than KK as a younger player with 119 less NHL games. That's a considerable difference.
So a 58 games sample size from Dach is good but 82 from kk is not good? Again some Hawks fan after the trade where saying how Dach is inconsistant and had terrible stretch where he could not produce you are doing the same lol. If KK had 38 in 58 you would say how small the ssmple size and how he would have struggled if he played the whole year because he will alway have a bad stretch.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So a 58 games sample size from Dach is good but 82 from kk is not good? Again some Hawks fan after the trade where saying how Dach is inconsistant and had terrible stretch where he could not produce you are doing the same lol. If KK had 38 in 58 you would say how small the ssmple size and how he would have struggled if he played the whole year because he will alway have a bad stretch.
Where did I say that? Of course Dach still has a lot to prove. I'm merely pointing out that he had 5 points less than him in 24 less games while being younger and way less experienced.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Drouin's 0-1-1 +4 in three games looks better than Suzuki's 0-1-1 -4 in three games. :sarcasm:
I wonder how long it will last Jonathan's never been a + player in his entire career.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Great 8 is on his last legs. Will he tie/surpass Gretzky? It's doable but he needs two 37 goals seasons, or three 25 goals seasons. Which is more realistic?

I never really thought of it as the shoe-in that alot of people have been suggesting in the past couple years.

Doable? Yes. But it's not going to be that easy. I know he's been a beast physically over his career but one little breakdown in his body could completely change the complexion of the chase, not to mention age in general.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I watched a bit of the Caps and Flames the other night, Ovechkin looked fine to me. Washington sucking will add some difficulty, but he is not done.
I'll see him live Saturday. He's definitely not done but an average of 35 goals for the next 4 seasons to be the all time great might be tough. It goes beyond his age his support guys are getting old too.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
NHL.com has Gretzky at 1016 and Ovy at 894. I must be pulling different numbers from didfferent sources? :dunno:
This leaves him 123 goals short of breaking the record.

I thought you were simply speaking of the regular season record, which is what most refer to, when speaking of the goalscoring record. 894 is Gretzky, 822 is Ovy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad