HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Ok great but most of us were not alive back then.

I vaguely remember 1993.
1986 World Series they showed an old man who as a kid had seen the last Red Sox championship in 1918…. right after Bill Buckner had the that ground ball slip through his legs and Mets went on to win the series

S*it happens, that’s the cycle of life

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Leo Carlsson looked damn good last night. We can't have nice things
Maybe because we ignore or crap on the nice things when we do get them. Price was an absolute stud, yet was criticized by Habs fans virtually his entire career. Pacioretty was something like 5th in goals over several years but it was all about what he wasn't. We might see the first 50 goal scorer on the Habs in almost forever in Caufield who has 50 goals in the last 86 games and is 3rd in the league in G/60 over that time period, yet all fans want to talk about is how we messed up our drafts, or the coach sucks, or how we can't have nice things.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
1986 World Series they showed an old man who as a kid had seen the last Red Sox championship in 1918…. right after Bill Buckner had the that ground ball slip through his legs and Mets went on to win the series
S*it happens, that’s the cycle of life
The year is 2094. A 116 years old LaP is shown on the synaptic scoreboard as the only living human to have seen the last cup won by the CH with his own eyes back in in 1993. The Montreal Canadiens are in the cup final against the London Mist in England. It's game 7 in triple OT. LaP might be the only living human to experience a CH cup with his own eyes and another one with synaptic TV using his brain. He looks so happy. [10 seconds later the London Mist scores a flukky goal in triple OT to win their 25th cup]

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The year is 2094. A 116 years old LaP is shown on the synaptic scoreboard as the only living human to have seen the last cup won by the CH with his own eyes back in in 1993. The Montreal Canadiens are in the cup final against the London Mist in England. It's game 7 in triple OT. LaP might be the only living human to experience a CH cup with his own eyes and another one with synaptic TV using his brain. He looks so happy. [10 seconds later the London Mist scores a flukky goal in triple OT to win their 25th cup]

You forgot an important detail. The Mist won their 25th Bettman Cup.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would put a claim in on Liam Foudy. MSL could help him

Nah, we don't need to clog our forward lines anymore.

Benson and Levi injured in Boston (day-to-day with lower body injuries).

Do not over play your kids in the NHL folks.

I believe, based on this boards discourse, that means both Benson and Levi are not ready for the NHL.. and because they have injuries, the Sabres should look to move on from them ASAP because they can't be relied upon ever.

Too small tho.

We already have Caufield and Suzuki.

We would draft the big Euro instead.

:sarcasm:

I know you're being sarcastic but they would not pass on a Jack Hughes level talent regardless of size. The same way they wouldn't have passed on Bedard at his size. They just think Michkov's game translates more to another Caufield like player, right or wrong, that was their belief. Not that small players with a lot of skill aren't welcome on the team.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Nah, we don't need to clog our forward lines anymore.

I believe, based on this boards discourse, that means both Benson and Levi are not ready for the NHL.. and because they have injuries, the Sabres should look to move on from them ASAP because they can't be relied upon ever.

I know you're being sarcastic but they would not pass on a Jack Hughes level talent regardless of size. The same way they wouldn't have passed on Bedard at his size. They just think Michkov's game translates more to another Caufield like player, right or wrong, that was their belief. Not that small players with a lot of skill aren't welcome on the team.
Clog what? We are trotting out dinosaurs like Gallagher and Rmia tonight. Embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad